Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Metallo

Interesting... I'd considered Metallo starting with the Glyph on his card, but wasn't sure if it would be too much. Of course he doesn't have much going for him as a character otherwise, so... yeah. It combined with Cybernetic Repair makes for quite the dynamic power.

It's too bad he can't get it knocked out of his chest (because, come on, that ALWAYS happens at some point during the fight!) but overall a cool mechanic.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
It's too bad he can't get it knocked out of his chest (because, come on, that ALWAYS happens at some point during the fight!) but overall a cool mechanic.
He can still have it stolen from him by figures like Shadow Thief and Vulture.
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I love the way the Glyph works with this design. It's so elegant, yet it's also another of C3G's many design innovations.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I humbly bow in agreement. I really like the new mechanic of how to use the E-Glyph.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:01 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
His power says he can't lose it by any means other than being destroyed. Having it stolen would be a means other than being destroyed.

That said, I vaguely remember people talking about this very thing a while back, but I can't remember any of what was said.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

"Lose" is a keyword. When Vulture takes the glyph, Metallo isn't "losing" it by the game definition of "lose".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
"Lose" is a keyword. When Vulture takes the glyph, Metallo isn't "losing" it by the game definition of "lose".
That confuses me even more. But I can take your word for it.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:12 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I found a much better explanation in Mandarin's book:

Quote:
Q: Since Mandarin can't lose the rings by any means other than being destroyed, does that mean Shadow Thief can't steal them?

This may be obvious to some, but is he actually "losing" the ring if Shadow Thief takes it?

A: That is an excellent question, and I have been prepared to FAQ it as soon as someone asked.

The term "lose" as you have probably already assumed is a keyword used in our rules for Equipment glyphs. That term in the proper context as it is found on Mandarin's card, holds just as much power as any other official term like "move", "attack", "target", etc.

In short, Shadow Thief can take a Makluan Ring glyph away from Mandarin because Mandarin wouldn't technically be "losing" the glyph. To "lose" a glyph, per the C3G rules, is to be wounded or destroyed. That also means that Mandarin could "drop" one if he chose to.

Quote:
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
His power says he can't lose it by any means other than being destroyed. Having it stolen would be a means other than being destroyed.

That said, I vaguely remember people talking about this very thing a while back, but I can't remember any of what was said.
Tickle is right, but I completely understand why people miss it.

In C3G, we have a key/glossary word or two, and one of them is "lose" as it pertains to the subject of E-glyphs. The last paragraph of our Glyph rules states:
Quote:
Losing Equipment Glyphs: If a figure you control that is carrying an Equipment Glyph is destroyed or wounded, choose one opposing player to immediately place the Glyph power-side up on an empty space within 5 spaces of the space your figure last occupied.
So basically, you are reading the word "lose" as its general/common use definition, but we want you to start reading it as a key/glossary word.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
That confuses me even more. But I can take your word for it.
When in doubt, read the E-glyph rule book.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:15 PM
...has moist legs

I can kind of see the logic, but the wording seems pretty clear that I would never have guessed that otherwise. Is there a way to word it slightly better?
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I can kind of see the logic, but the wording seems pretty clear that I would never have guessed that otherwise. Is there a way to word it slightly better?
Not without losing the conciseness of it. Just something to remember about Equipment glyphs.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library