Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old February 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Calling all photographers. Photos needed.

Greetings fellow 'Scapers...

I’m working on a project for GEN CON and need some help.

I’m looking for your best images of HeroScape figures.

Rather than scrub the website and message the creator of each photo I see, I started this thread for a single place to check and collect the sites best images.

While I would prefer pictures highlighting squads and heroes, I’ll consider any cool photos I can get.

So gather up those dramatic, dimly lit, close-ups of Agent Carr standing in red Jell-o. Got a black and white grainy shot of Sgt Drake and the AE taking a beach on D-day…post it here!

Rules:
  • Please only post images/photographs/artwork that you created/took.
  • No, I’m not compensating. But I’ll thank you for any cool photos you post.
  • By posting images here, you’re granting me permission to crop/resize your photo slightly for use in my project.
Feel free to ask questions.

V/r

PONYBOY

Old February 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Calling all photographers. Photos needed.

Okay, I have a few questions:

What is the project for? Sounds like fun, what are you trying to accomplish? Where is this going to be at Gencon? Are you opening up a booth or something?

This is more of a comment: I love your avatar, way to tip your hat to the original crossbows and catapults.
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:14 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post

What is the project for? Sounds like fun, what are you trying to accomplish? Where is this going to be at Gencon? Are you opening up a booth or something?

This is more of a comment: I love your avatar, way to tip your hat to the original crossbows and catapults.
The project is for the HS championship.

It might be fun. What I'm trying to accomplish is getting some cool images of HS figures because I'm a cruddy photographer.

Eventually, the location of this is going to be in the hands of the championship winner.

I won't be opening a booth at GENCON, but I will be opening some booze at GENCON . I'm not profiting from your imaginative efforts. People who post images are just making my life a little easier and fine-tuning a cool project.

* I know it sounds a little silly, but I'm trying to keep from totally disclosing what I'm doing until late July or right before GENCON. Maybe when/if I get 30-40 cool images posted to choose from, I'll post a sample of what's being designed as a little teaser.

It's not printed material, so I can't really give photo credit. I just don't want to use other peoples artwork without permission. Tracking down the original artist on every cool photo from this site would be time consuming and quite a chore. I will say that the Feral Troll shot from the front page a few days ago is exactly the stuff I'm looking for.

V/r

PONYBOY

and...what is this crossbows and catapults you speak of?

Old February 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Quote:

The project is for the HS championship.

It might be fun. What I'm trying to accomplish is getting some cool images of HS figures because I'm a cruddy photographer.

Eventually, the location of this is going to be in the hands of the championship winner.

I won't be opening a booth at GENCON, but I will be opening some booze at GENCON . I'm not profiting from your imaginative efforts. People who post images are just making my life a little easier and fine-tuning a cool project.

* I know it sounds a little silly, but I'm trying to keep from totally disclosing what I'm doing until late July or right before GENCON. Maybe when/if I get 30-40 cool images posted to choose from, I'll post a sample of what's being designed as a little teaser.

It's not printed material, so I can't really give photo credit. I just don't want to use other peoples artwork without permission. Tracking down the original artist on every cool photo from this site would be time consuming and quite a chore. I will say that the Feral Troll shot from the front page a few days ago is exactly the stuff I'm looking for.

V/r

PONYBOY

and...what is this crossbows and catapults you speak of?
Something that could help you is go to the gallery on this website and look at the pics. A lot of the times the author will post the pics and you can get them that way. Just PM the author and most likely they will allow you to do it. That is probably the easiest way of doing this.

Unfortunately with typing it can be difficult to determine sarcasm, but do you really not know what Crossbows and Catapults is? It is a game, and your animated avatar shows the pieces. They remade the game pretty recently but what you have is the original. The vikings vs. the barbarians. Very fun.
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately with typing it can be difficult to determine sarcasm, but do you really not know what Crossbows and Catapults is? It is a game, and your animated avatar shows the pieces. They remade the game pretty recently but what you have is the original. The vikings vs. the barbarians. Very fun.
I've been forgetting to add the and j/k to my "crossbows" comment recently.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=987088#post987088
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=752933#post752933
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=360286&highlight=crossbows#post360286
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=9585&highlight=crossbows#post9585
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=25936&highlight=crossbows#post25936

Old February 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM

Revloscaper is surprisingly tart

First to post pics
Here's a couple from the ones I have in my album.

Feel free to use any others in my album.
BTW, I've been wanting to take some more pictures in the next couple days. Any figures you would specifically like to see?
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revloscaper View Post
First to post pics
Here's a couple from the ones I have in my album.

Feel free to use any others in my album.
BTW, I've been wanting to take some more pictures in the next couple days. Any figures you would specifically like to see?
Very cool and thanks for permission to grab from your album!
I'm starting from scratch, so I'll take any figs you want to post.

V/r

PONYBOY

Old February 21st, 2010, 10:31 PM

Yeah feel free to go through my album in the gallery as well. Mostly I just have the comics but there are some big battle pics that I have as well.
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:42 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

Like so...

Also it not a figure shot per se, but here's one of my fav's that has never been posted before...

My photobucket account is full of figure shots w/ terrain...lots of closeups... Feel free to use anything in there... There are several pages to wade through, but most can also be found in my map thread in sig below...

-Ormus
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus View Post
My photobucket account is full of figure shots w/ terrain...lots of closeups... Feel free to use anything in there... There are several pages to wade through, but most can also be found in my map thread in sig below...

-Ormus
Thanks!

Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:06 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My thread has some link in siggy!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:42 PM

Thanks to all of you that let me use your photos for the Main Event trophy.

You guys are awesome!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1262

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction