Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM

Revloscaper is surprisingly tart
Revlo's Customs

NEW FIGURES!!! 1/9/11

COMPLETED FIGURES

DnD Customs
Spoiler Alert!

Heroscape Mods
Spoiler Alert!

Comments and criticism encouraged!

Last edited by Revloscaper; January 9th, 2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Revlo's Customs

Great job! So far I'm impressed but I wanted to ask which method you use to make your cards. Do you use MSE or do you gimp or photoshop directly on to a template. If you want I can help you get in the background behind the images and add the hit zone silhouettes as well.

Will comment additionally later when I'm not posting from my DS.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Great job! So far I'm impressed but I wanted to ask which method you use to make your cards. Do you use MSE or do you gimp or photoshop directly on to a template. If you want I can help you get in the background behind the images and add the hit zone silhouettes as well.

Thank you. I am using MSE but I could definitely use some help with the images and hit zones on the cards.
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revloscaper View Post
Quote:

Thank you. I am using MSE but I could definitely use some help with the images and hit zones on the cards.
Alright, so here's the best way to do it.
Get an original copy of the figure you are using, preferably from a database website (the D&D minis database helps).
Here's the hard part.
Get a program called "Gimp". It's free and will work on any computer (usually).
MS paint (as far as I know) can't handle transparency so Gimp is your best bet.
Take that image, load it into gimp and using the "fuzzy select tool" (looks like a wand) and select all of the white areas around the figure.
Ctrl-click to add in other white areas that aren't part of the figure.
Right click and go to "selection" and "select inverse"
This will only select the image of the figure.
Copy and paste that image into a new file LARGER than needed (800x600 will usually do, if not larger) and make sure you set "background" to "transparency"
Paste in the figure pic, erase the base and you're halfway done.
Now save that as a .png file and you'll have to make two alternate copies of it. One will be for the hit zone, the other for the window.
For the hit zone pic, select all the transparent areas and select inverse and then just paint over it in red, add in grey areas manually and the green dot as well. Save that as a .png as well.
The from the original version, click "layer" and "mask" then "add layer mask" then "selection"
This will cause you image to disappear.
Use the gradient tool (looks like a black-white box) and click and drag from the bottom of where your picture used to be up to about the waist line. You should end up with half the figure fading, the other half in full focus.
Save this as a .png as well.
The two files you made can bu put into MSE easily, but making them takes practice, I'd recommend the Gimp tutorial here on HSers, it can be really useful at times.

EDIT, if you want, I can create the hit zone and silhouette files for you and hand them over to you to put into MSE, the trick is the transparency, as MSE fills all transparent areas with their respective backgrounds automatically.

Old January 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Revlo, here's my step-by-step tutorial for making figure images and hitzones in Gimp (a free image editing program) for MSE. It's similar to what krysto just said; a bit more methodical perhaps but the same basic idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM

Thank you very much both of you I will get on that when I have some spare time.

What do you think of the units?
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Up his move to 5, attack to 3 and give him Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement, place his PV at around 125 (5 squads of Dzu-Teh @ 75 each gives you an even 500) Otherwise a great hero to match a squad that most people will never own (sorry for the dark sarcasm, but its true). I like him, in all honesty.

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:13 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

For the Dretch say:
Bloodlust If a Dretchdemon inflicts a wound, it may attack again. For each wound inflicted by the previous attack, add 1 additional attack die for the duration of the attack.

Death Blight If an adjacent small or medium figure destroys a Dretchdemon, inflict one wound on the attacking figure.
Give him 3 attack and make his point value 30 or keep 4 attack and make him 35.

I agree with Krysto. If he has 4 move without Snow and Ice move enhancement, he gets to move through 2 snow spaces a turn. Not very good at all.

For the Knight: Ex-Knight needs to say: When Mercenary Knight attacks a Knight, add 1 to his attack value. When a Knight attacks Mercenary Knight, add 1 to his defense value.

My customs HERE. <-----
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" -Edison

Last edited by MrWookiee; January 1st, 2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Fully Baked

Ambusher: Try this wording:
All Hunters you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Trokull may roll 1 additional attack die if they were unengaged before moving.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Up his move to 5, attack to 3 and give him Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement, place his PV at around 125 (5 squads of Dzu-Teh @ 75 each gives you an even 500) Otherwise a great hero to match a squad that most people will never own (sorry for the dark sarcasm, but its true). I like him, in all honesty.
I feel dumb now that I realize I hadn't thought of Snow and Ice Movement, that is a must. I don't really want to up his attack or move as he is supposed to be more of a "wise leader" then a fighter. I think that 125 might be a bit steep for him, I was think more like in the 75-100 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
For the Dretch say:
Bloodlust If a Dretchdemon inflicts a wound, it may attack again. For each wound inflicted by the previous attack, add 1 additional attack die for the duration of the attack.

Death Blight If an adjacent small or medium figure destroys a Dretchdemon, inflict one wound on the attacking figure.
Give him 3 attack and make his point value 30 or keep 4 attack and make him 35.

I agree with Krysto. If he has 4 move without Snow and Ice move enhancement, he gets to move through 2 snow spaces a turn. Not very good at all.

For the Knight: Ex-Knight needs to say: When Mercenary Knight attacks a Knight, add 1 to his attack value. When a Knight attacks Mercenary Knight, add 1 to his defense value.
Quote:
Ambusher: Try this wording:
All Hunters you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Trokull may roll 1 additional attack die if they were unengaged before moving.
Thank you for these rewritings, I will definitely put them in.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM

New customs!

I got a bunch of unique heroes and I am customizing them. I still need to get hold of some paint, but there are two here which I plan on keeping as is. Introducing the Orc Spear Thrower and the Venoc Slayer!

In the tradition of the Venoc Warlord I have not given the Venoc Slayer a proper name. What do you think of his power combination. Would 5 attack be too powerful, or even 6? (I want his giant blade arms to do some damage)

I made this guy as a cheap filler for the orcs, does he need any tweaks?

Last edited by Revloscaper; January 4th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Oh my! Great work. Why does the Venoc have wings on his arms if he can't fly? I would suggest around 150 for him. Orc: 1 life, 25 points. Very nice work. I would suggest 2 defense. If he has 2 defense, I would say 20 points. BTW: you have no price for him.

My customs HERE. <-----
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" -Edison

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards