Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 24th, 2022, 05:26 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Guys todays big reveal was crazy! So excited!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:19 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post

OMG! It's Grungebob himself!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 24th, 2022 at 06:19 PM. Reason: LOL
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

What'd I miss?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, nevermind.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

First an exclusive named after me, then my own island off the coast of Valhalla, and now this! I truly am blessed!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:43 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
Another note - I was just looking at the news thread and apologize if this was discussed as it looks like it is a few days old.

I can think of nothing more unpleasant than not listing point values on the army card and putting them inside an app. And then seeing balance updates where point values are adjusted. Two things I do not want are to have to use the app and be fiddling with my phone while we're playing games, and for units to be changed after release beyond minor clarifications. That just brings me back to playing video games like overwatch where endless rebalances make the game much more difficult to casual players who aren't staying on top of the latest in the meta. I can go months without playing as it stands and then have some friends over and we all pick armies from our old favorites and go. Trying to do that and having to navigate edited stats for everything sounds like a nightmare. I understand some people might appreciate an app, but that is entirely the wrong direction for me. I have game night to get away from screens.
I mean, if you need an app to play or check updated stats, then just go ahead and make the whole thing an app game. It would cost less than $250 and wouldn't take up any space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think having an homage name rather than a direct name is a reasonable path for historical figures. I think the biggest thing about historical figures isn't the name, it's the aesthetic. Translating Bonny into a steampunk sci-fi pirate doesn't really meet the historical "aesthetic," which is why she's not scanning as "historical" to folks.

In other news, if they make the Penguin with a machine gun an unlockable stretch goal for hitting 4,000 backers, I'd back today. They need to start doing some stuff like that to get some energy back in this campaign. It's flagging right now and they don't need to just "wait and see".
Yeah, I feel most of the other Haslabs unlocked something extra by the halfway point to entice people, and though it's great they did it, just changing the page layout and a brief app mention is not enough to do any major increase in sales.

They really need to do something major to get to 4,000 orders before the last three days to really seem like there's a decent chance.
All the other Haslab campaign have either been funded by this point or failed. The only one that barely made it across the line was Unicron and that was a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Interesting that the guy who never played Heroscape knows more about the skull on the dice than some diehard fans (myself included!)

I don’t think Chris makes these decisions idly, and it seems like CVN has a large amount of input on things not related to the financials. I think it’s cool that someone in authority has a different gaming background than some of the other people on the project. I couldn’t be happier with the team he put together to work on this. If Chris says that symbols for stats, and dice that match those symbols make this game more marketable in new places, that’s good enough for me.
But it needs to be good enough for 7,999 other people too. We already know they were willing to pay money for everything the way it was. It should be left alone, it shouldn't even be a consideration to change anything.

The theme change is hard enough to get over, anything else they change is 100% driving away backers.
Unpainted minis? Lose 125 backers
Different card shape? Lose 15 backers.
Factions instead of generals? Lose 30 backers.
Different symbols on the dice? Lose 25 backers.

Keep it up and then wonder why you can't count to 8000.

Edit: This would be funded already if it were Classic Age Master Set 3, Desert Terrain Expansion, Large Hero Expansion 4, and Classic Waves 11 and 12. With the first Marvel Wave as a stretch goal.
Old October 24th, 2022, 10:58 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

And what better way to say "Don't **** with me " than with a spatula?

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 25th, 2022 at 04:12 AM.
Old October 24th, 2022, 11:10 PM

Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker Tauros105 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
Another note - I was just looking at the news thread and apologize if this was discussed as it looks like it is a few days old.

I can think of nothing more unpleasant than not listing point values on the army card and putting them inside an app. And then seeing balance updates where point values are adjusted. Two things I do not want are to have to use the app and be fiddling with my phone while we're playing games, and for units to be changed after release beyond minor clarifications. That just brings me back to playing video games like overwatch where endless rebalances make the game much more difficult to casual players who aren't staying on top of the latest in the meta. I can go months without playing as it stands and then have some friends over and we all pick armies from our old favorites and go. Trying to do that and having to navigate edited stats for everything sounds like a nightmare. I understand some people might appreciate an app, but that is entirely the wrong direction for me. I have game night to get away from screens.
I mean, if you need an app to play or check updated stats, then just go ahead and make the whole thing an app game. It would cost less than $250 and wouldn't take up any space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think having an homage name rather than a direct name is a reasonable path for historical figures. I think the biggest thing about historical figures isn't the name, it's the aesthetic. Translating Bonny into a steampunk sci-fi pirate doesn't really meet the historical "aesthetic," which is why she's not scanning as "historical" to folks.

In other news, if they make the Penguin with a machine gun an unlockable stretch goal for hitting 4,000 backers, I'd back today. They need to start doing some stuff like that to get some energy back in this campaign. It's flagging right now and they don't need to just "wait and see".
Yeah, I feel most of the other Haslabs unlocked something extra by the halfway point to entice people, and though it's great they did it, just changing the page layout and a brief app mention is not enough to do any major increase in sales.

They really need to do something major to get to 4,000 orders before the last three days to really seem like there's a decent chance.
All the other Haslab campaign have either been funded by this point or failed. The only one that barely made it across the line was Unicron and that was a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Interesting that the guy who never played Heroscape knows more about the skull on the dice than some diehard fans (myself included!)

I don’t think Chris makes these decisions idly, and it seems like CVN has a large amount of input on things not related to the financials. I think it’s cool that someone in authority has a different gaming background than some of the other people on the project. I couldn’t be happier with the team he put together to work on this. If Chris says that symbols for stats, and dice that match those symbols make this game more marketable in new places, that’s good enough for me.
But it needs to be good enough for 7,999 other people too. We already know they were willing to pay money for everything the way it was. It should be left alone, it shouldn't even be a consideration to change anything.

The theme change is hard enough to get over, anything else they change is 100% driving away backers.
Unpainted minis? Lose 125 backers
Different card shape? Lose 15 backers.
Factions instead of generals? Lose 30 backers.
Different symbols on the dice? Lose 25 backers.

Keep it up and then wonder why you can't count to 8000.

Edit: This would be funded already if it were Classic Age Master Set 3, Desert Terrain Expansion, Large Hero Expansion 4, and Classic Waves 11 and 12. With the first Marvel Wave as a stretch goal.
The unpainted minis was a forced situation due to an entirely different labor market than 2004. The cards will be the same shape. Heroscape has always had factions and generals. There are two new generals added and even an ability based on the general a unit follows. I highly doubt the shape of the attack symbol is a defining decision for anyone. Also they have points on the cards, the changing points situation would just be an add on for competitive and would not affect at home play at all. I agree that there are problems with this campaign, but please do inform yourself.
Old October 24th, 2022, 11:22 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

The card for Fia Bonny says to put three black powder makers on the card at the start of the game. The components list does not mention black powder markers as being included in the game.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old October 25th, 2022, 06:50 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
The card for Fia Bonny says to put three black powder makers on the card at the start of the game. The components list does not mention black powder markers as being included in the game.
I wondered about this too, but the cards were not revealed at launch, are still a work in progress, and only a fraction have been shared, so my guess is there will be additional components included as necessary for any card abilities.
Old October 25th, 2022, 07:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

ENCOURAGE OTHERS--BACK IT NOW!!!

"You come from nothing, you go back to nothing, so what have you lost--nothing!"
--Eric Idle, Monty Python's The Life of Brian

I waited myself until we were close to 2,000, and then went in to help reach that interim goal. Right now it seems to me that many are despairing of reaching the final finish line. So if you are one of those, several of whom have said so here, who plan to back but haven't done it yet, I really suggest going ahead now. We need the encouragement of the highest numbers we can get, to help motivate the undecided.

Pull the trigger! You have nothing to lose.

Last edited by chas; October 25th, 2022 at 10:48 AM.
Old October 25th, 2022, 08:18 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I waited myself until we were close to 2,000, and then went in to help reach that interim goal. Right now it seems to me that many are despairing of reaching the final finish line. So if you are one of those, several of whom have said so here, who plan to back but haven't done it yet, I really suggest going ahead now. We need the encouragement of the highest numbers we can get, to help motivate the undecided.
100% Crowdfunding definitely experiences the reverse snowball. 'If nobody else is backing, why should I bother?' Momentum is a thing... in both directions.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion