Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 11th, 2008, 11:48 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Remaking Spartacus

I got bored with the old Spartacus, so I decided to remake him (or at least mine). I would love comments and question. I haven't made a card for him yet because I'm very slow and just learned how.

Spartacus
Life: 6
Move: 5

Range: 1
Attack: 6

Defense: 4

Human

Unique Hero
Gladiator

Rebellious

Medium 5

Abilities:

Fight to the Death:
Instead of attacking choose an adjacent enemy hero. Its controller rolls the 20D. If they roll a 16 or higher Spartacus takes one normal attack against the chosen figure; otherwise take turns with the chosen hero and Spartacus (starting with Spartacus) until one of them die. Each turn you may move, but must end in all possible normal attacks on the opposing figure affected by Fight to the Death. During this bout all disengagement attacks from the affected figures have 4 extra dice. No special attacks, or abilities that choose their targets may be used during this power.

I'm Spartacus!:
When Spartacus is targeted by a non-adjacent normal attack, choose an adjacent Gladiator that you control. That Gladiator is now the target of the attack if it is in the attacking figure's range and LOS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I think they way I worded the abilities was a bit long winded; if anyone could offer an alternate wording for either one that would be great.

I tried to keep his 200 point cost and his base stats but still make him worth it to play; I don't think he is worth it the way he was before my change up.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; November 12th, 2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old November 12th, 2008, 01:01 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Remaking Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post

I'm Spartacus!:
Spartacus may not use the I'm Spartacus special ability. Any gladiator adjacent to Spartacus may use the I'm Spartacus special ability only when Spartacus is targeted be a non-adjacent normal attack. Any figure that uses the I'm Spartacus special ability is the new target for the normal attack.
For this "I'm Spartacus" ability I would just have something like "When Spartacus is targeted by a normal attack, choose an adjacent Gladiator you control. That Gladiator is now the target of the attack."

Edit: I thought it would be necessary to specify "Gladiators you control".

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Last edited by Richard; November 12th, 2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old November 12th, 2008, 01:08 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post

I'm Spartacus!:
Spartacus may not use the I'm Spartacus special ability. Any gladiator adjacent to Spartacus may use the I'm Spartacus special ability only when Spartacus is targeted be a non-adjacent normal attack. Any figure that uses the I'm Spartacus special ability is the new target for the normal attack.
For this "I'm Spartacus" ability I would just have "When Spartacus is targeted by a normal attack, choose an adjacent Gladiator. That Gladiator is now the target of the attack." or something along those lines.
Thats so simple... Duh... I'll just... *edits first post*

Old November 12th, 2008, 01:26 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Looks pretty good!

The first ability needs some better wording, though.
Old November 12th, 2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Looks pretty good!

The first ability needs some better wording, though.
Hope that helped; I decided to remove some of the 20D rolling.

Also I'm debating on whether I should make it affect any figure or just heroes or just unique figures.

Old November 12th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker

Really all we need are a couple gladiator squads. Maybe even a lion (so thinking of "Grandma's Boy") that work with him!!! Maybe even some with spears/slings (range).

That would legitimately fix the man.

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:39 AM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

I like your fight to the death power... it'd be awesome to play with that!

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old November 13th, 2008, 03:55 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Fight to the Death: Instead of attacking, choose an adjacent enemy hero, and roll the 20 sided dice. If you roll 1-4, you must make a normal attack. If you roll 5-20, you take turns with Spartacus and your opponents take turns with the chosen hero, until one hero is destroyed. Normal movement may be made, but you must be able to attack during your turn if you are able. When rolling for disengagement attacks, roll 4 additional dice. No special attacks or abilities may be used during this ability.

I rewrote it for you in a more clear way, IMHO. However, I believe it is to easy to activate. You might want to change the dice roll.
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
No special attacks or abilities may be used during this ability.

I rewrote it for you in a more clear way, IMHO. However, I believe it is to easy to activate. You might want to change the dice roll.
I worded the abilities sentence so that you could still use flying and movement abilities, but it stops acid breath and the like.

Fight to the Death is how I tried to justify his 200 points; if it was a 50% chance to happen he really wouldn't be effective. I think it's pretty balanced because he has to be adjacent to use it, and with a move of 5 he shouldn't be to hard to avoid on a map. Also after 2-3 uses he may be to weak to continue using it (glyphs and Kelda aside).

Also the bit about rolling is worded so that if the opponent has any abilities or glyphs that benefit rolling the 20D he gets them.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; November 13th, 2008 at 04:27 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards