Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 29th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Yeah, I thought it odd that they're going to rely on their older CBs. At some point they're going to start breaking down and sucking.

You've got the core of an exciting team there, Abomination. Once Favre's done for good, you guys will probably be the cream of the NFC North for quite a while (I'd imagine). I'll probably take a break for those years just so I don't get too annoyed. :P
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
You've got the core of an exciting team there, Abomination. Once Favre's done for good, you guys will probably be the cream of the NFC North for quite a while (I'd imagine). I'll probably take a break for those years just so I don't get too annoyed. :P
I don't think your team will turn to crap once Favre leaves; you just need a better QB. I'm very surprised that the Vikes didn't draft a rookie QB earlier in the draft. If Favre comes back, Joe Webb can be behind him and learn a few things. If Favre leaves, I'm betting that TJ will take the field again.

But yes, I would love to see the Packers have a good glory decade.
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

You guys have had plenty of great decades, that's why I'd probably find such a situation (should it occur) annoying and trite. Time for some other team to have some fun, too.

If not us, I hope it's the Lions. They've been whipping boys long enough in this division and in the league.
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:

If not us, I hope it's the Lions. They've been whipping boys long enough in this division and in the league.
I like this idea...Lions FTW!!!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
You guys have had plenty of great decades, that's why I'd probably find such a situation (should it occur) annoying and trite. Time for some other team to have some fun, too.

I actually did like that. It's almost like having two assured wins every year.

I just want a Packer glory decade when I can enjoy it. I was just a small kid when Brett Favre took the wheel, and wasn't old enough to shove it in anyone's faces.

But this year is really going to test how well the Packers play against good teams, for the most part. I look forward to another year of good ol' football.
Old April 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I was very happy with the Steelers' draft picks. They picked up the only top talent Center in the first round and then added a bunch of Outside Linebackers that should really help their Special Teams.

On a side note: What the heck is going on with former Steelers returning to their old coaches?

Steelers have acquired, Antoine Randel El, Larry Foote, Darrel McFadden and Byron Leftwich this offseason.

Steelers West (Arizona Cardinals) have acquired Joey Porter, Alan Faneca, Dan Kreider, Clark Haggans, Sean Morey, and Brian St. Pierre since hiring Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm.
Old April 29th, 2010, 03:51 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I liked the Browns' draft, but I seem to like it every year.

We definitely had secondary issues, and Haden and Ward should go some of the way to solve those. I like taking Ward over Mays - Mays can't tackle anyone. And come on - his own college coach passed over him for another player.

Hardesty looks like he could be a stud RB. I look forward to seeing him develop.

I don't like Colt McCoy at all, but I think it was a very good value to get him in Round 3. I hope I'm proven wrong and, when Delhomme finishes out his 1-2 years, he comes in and wows me. I think I would've liked Joe Skelton more, but Mike Holmgren is probably more qualified than me to make that decision.

I also like the WR we got in Round 5 or 6 out of South Florida - I can't remember his name, but he's big and fast and looks like he could be a great value pick.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 29th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll pile on since AFC North seems to be the topic of conversation at this point.

Ravens draft. No big flashy picks, but I don't mind considering our pickups in free agency/trade. Trading back to get more picks made sense. Got some D line help and a couple of TEs so I'm happy. Could have used a corner or 2 but, it is what it is.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Looks like the Packers addressed the CB issue with the Non-Drafted Free Agents, among other things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers.com
6 Noah Shepard QB 6-2 223
South Dakota (Broomfield, Colo.)
Shepard, 23, was a four-year starter for the Coyotes. He finished his career as the most decorated passer in South Dakota history with school records in passing yards (8,936), passing touchdowns (77) and total offense (11,133). His 36 rushing touchdowns ranks second in school history.

11 Chastin West WR 6-0 212
Fresno State (Moorpark, Calif.)
West, 22, produced more than 2,000 all-purpose yards in three seasons for the Bulldogs. In 36 career games, he finished with 79 catches for 1,008 yards (12.8 avg.) and six scores. He added three return touchdowns in his career - two on punt returns and one on a kickoff return.

37 Sam Shields CB 5-11 184
Miami (Sarasota, Fla.)
Shields, 23, played in 48 career games for the Hurricanes in his four seasons. He spent the first three seasons (2006-08 ) at wide receiver before moving to cornerback in 2009, where he started 10 of 12 games. Voted UM's Special Teams Player of the Year in 2008, he earned the team's Most Improved Player Award this past season.

40 Quinn Porter RB 6-0 205
Stillman College (Lancaster, Calif.)
Porter, 24, earned Division II honorable mention All-America honors as a senior in 2009. He led the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference in both rushing yards (1,247) and all-purpose yards (1,726), and finished second in scoring with 11 touchdowns.

47 Frank Zombo LB 6-3 254
Central Michigan (Sterling Heights, Mich.)
Zombo, 23, was a four-year letterwinner for the Chippewas and earned first-team All-Mid American Conference honors in his final two seasons. He appeared in 55 career games and finished his collegiate career ranked second in school history with 25.5 sacks.

48 Alex Joseph LB 6-2 238
Temple (Stamford, Conn.)
Joseph, 23, was a four-year letterman and team captain as a senior. An All-MAC third-team selection in 2009, he finished his career with 252 tackles (135 solo), 17.5 tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and three interceptions.

53 Tim Knicky LB 6-4 251
Stephen F. Austin (Cedar Park, Texas)
Knicky, 22, played in 45 career games, including 40 starts, during his collegiate career. A four-time All-Southland Conference selection and three-time academic all-conference choice, he finished as the school's all-time leader in sacks with 32.5. Knicky finished with 205 career tackles, including 59.5 stops for loss.

58 John Russell LB 6-3 260
Wake Forest (Jacksonville, Fla.)
Russell, 22, played in 51 games, including 29 starts, along the defensive line for the Demon Deacons. He finished his career with 137 tackles, including 20.5 for loss, 10.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one interception.

67 Nick McDonald G 6-4 316
Grand Valley State (Sterling Heights, Mich.)
McDonald, 22, was a consensus Division II All-America selection in 2009. As a senior, he started all 15 games at left tackle and helped lead Grand Valley State to the 2009 NCAA Division II National Championship Game. A four-year letterman, he started at right guard in 2008.

69 Chris Campbell T 6-5 328
Eastern Illinois (Chicago, Ill.)
Campbell, 23, was a four-year letterman and appeared in 32 career games, including 16 starts. He started all 12 games at left tackle as a senior in 2009, earning second-team All-Ohio Valley Conference honors.

82 Jeff Moturi WR 5-11 186
Texas-El Paso (Irving, Texas)
Moturi, 24, was a three-year starter for the Miners and finished his career as one of the most decorated receivers in school history. He ranks fifth in receiving yards (2,527), fourth in receptions (170) and third in TD catches (26). He had at least one reception in 36 consecutive games to close his collegiate career.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Some teams like to interview thier candidates in person. The Browns prefer this.
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:53 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Some teams like to interview thier candidates in person. The Browns prefer this.
Wow. I feel like either:

1) I should walk around with a bag over my head for being a fan of this team

or

2) ZOMG!!!! Mike Holmgren is a genius!!!!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:10 PM

sonlenmaster Woo who?

Wow so long since ive posted here. Well im a Cowboys fan and im still sorda waiting for the Pre-Season games to start because of Dez Bryant because with that heart problem id be sorda worried if you lost your 1st round draft pick to a heart problem.

In my dreams I think of 3 things:
Raining Dr.Pepper.
The Cowboys winning 5 Super Bowls in the next 10 years.
And HEROSCAPE!!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV