Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 12th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I agree with regards to the costume and stunt fighter for sure.

But another thing that bothered me, is that he wasn't represented as that good of a martial artist. I mean, walking around bragging about being the Immortal Iron Fist like it was a big deal, when it seemed kind of like bragging about being the MVP of a baseball team, but come to find out that it was a high school baseball team. In other words, for all that training since being a kid and defeating a dragon, other than his fist, he didn't seem anything other than some generic martial artist.
It has been a while since I watched Iron Fist, but I can see where this is coming from. While I would put him as above average as a martial artist, he did seem to fall into a situation where he had to use his glowing fist power vs. regular foes way too often. I get they want to show off that he is a super powered dude, but he should have been shown capable of handling himself in most situations without resorting to the Iron Fist powers. Those powers should have only been used to do something a normal person could never do, like knocking out Luke Cage with a punch or blowing the door off a bank vault. I do recall liking that he didn't know about his healing power initially but rather discovered it later, it did show how inexperienced he really was as the Iron Fist.
I agree YK.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 12th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The Daredevil fight sequences were soooo much better than the Iron Fist fight sequences, and there is no excuse for that. If the actor can't hack it, then you got the wrong actor.

I didn't *dislike* Iron Fist. I liked the supporting characters, and I didn't find Danny Rand as annoying as many other people did. I didn't, however, think that he came across as someone who had been living in a monastery his whole life. Stephen Amell did a much better job, in Season 1 of Arrow, of carrying both the stresses of his new life with the lessons learned in his old one.

I'm in Episode 9 of JJ2, and I am loving it. It's not perfect, but it's been really, really good; maybe a bottlecap behind JJ1 for my top prize, but just that. I don't want to write about any specifics, but for now that's how I feel.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 12th, 2018, 04:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the non-monk like nature of Danny rings true for sure. You would think being raised by monks he would have a little more Zen to his aura.
Old March 12th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

True, but if his raising had really taken, he'd have stayed there at his post instead of rebelling.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm in Episode 9 of JJ2, and I am loving it. It's not perfect, but it's been really, really good; maybe a bottlecap behind JJ1 for my top prize, but just that. I don't want to write about any specifics, but for now that's how I feel.
Yeah, I agree DS. And it's really hard to discuss JJ2 because it's got so many spoiler potential. All I can say is that it shows even more the gap and let letdown of IF and the 2nd half of LC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
True, but if his raising had really taken, he'd have stayed there at his post instead of rebelling.
But he should still have been a better fighter without the Iron Fist useage.

I have read some of the older IF comics and a few if the newer (not like now new, but back when I was in C3G new), but I never read any about when he first came home. So I can't compare that with the Netflix representation. I haven't read any of Jessica Jones comics, so I wouldn't know how well it relates to the comics. That said, there have been things changed to make characters better suited for movie or TV productions. Obviously they made some changes with the Punisher. They have altered some things in the Marvel movies. So I think they would have been better served to make Iron Fist more suited for what audiences had come to expect from the Netflix series'.

JJ is dark and has demons that make her abrasive. Punisher may not appeal to everyone as a hero. But Danny as a whiny, spoiled, not so great martial artist just doesn't resonate with me.

If there is going to be a 2nd season of IF, they better make him a bit more of a grown up and more of a badass.

Old March 14th, 2018, 11:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, I finished JJ2. It's up there in the top part of my list.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 14th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Well, I finished JJ2. It's up there in the top part of my list.
It's so good

Everyone else here needs to watch it if they watched the first season.

Old March 15th, 2018, 01:40 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I finished JJ2 as well, it gets two thumbs up from me.
Old March 15th, 2018, 02:11 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Man, I really enjoyed it too, right up until the end. Not to get too specific, but man, did Trish hack me off! At the same time, I didn't really care for the ending. I guess the better way to put it was I loved the episodes so much that the ending not being up to par really stuck out. My only other complaint is the appearance of you-know-who. It just annoyed me and didn't add to the episodes at all, IMO. BTW, was that the first Stan Lee cameo on Netflix?

My current rating (keep in mind that I really enjoyed them all.)

Tier 1 (Pretty close to perfect)
JJ1
Punisher
Tier 2(Really good, but minorly flawed)
Daredevil 2
Jessica Jones 2
Daredevil 1
Tier 3(Really enjoyed, but room for improvement)
Luke Cage
Defenders
Iron Fist

If I split Luke Cage as others have, part one would be in the top tier and part two in the bottom.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 15th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Only five episodes in. I'll report back after the next eight.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old March 15th, 2018, 10:00 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I agree with regards to the costume and stunt fighter for sure.

But another thing that bothered me, is that he wasn't represented as that good of a martial artist. I mean, walking around bragging about being the Immortal Iron Fist like it was a big deal, when it seemed kind of like bragging about being the MVP of a baseball team, but come to find out that it was a high school baseball team. In other words, for all that training since being a kid and defeating a dragon, other than his fist, he didn't seem anything other than some generic martial artist.
This is lumped in with my thoughts and the lack of stuntman...If he had a costume it would have been easier to pull off the actual martial arts...but he didn't even move like a martial artist in his street movement. My 10 year old 2nd degree TaeKwonDo black belt son even had a way he carries himself that's "different".

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 17th, 2018, 10:46 PM
C3G Landlord

I am really loving Agents of SHIELD. This season (which may be it's last) has been quite enjoyable. Last two episodes in particular have put a lot of smiles on my face.

"Can't touch this."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV