Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old June 10th, 2011, 08:59 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker
Fan Art Contest: Are you the best artist?

With obvious inspiration from The Grim Reaper's Friend's Fan Fic contest, I thought it would be equally as cool to have a thread just like it, substituting artwork for stories. Hopefully this will help put the "fan art" back into the "Fan Art & Fiction" section.

The rules:
1. This contest is open to everyone, but please pay attention to the thread if you submit art. If you win we need you to post the next challenge.
2. The winner of last week will post the challenge.
3. You are not allowed to submit art for your own challenges.
4. The winner of the last week will be the new judge.
5. In general try and submit your art within a week of the challenge, but if you need extra time just say so and it will be granted. This is not a speed contest.
6. Also, please do not worry about not being good enough, submissions will mainly be judged on creativity as opposed to skill level. This contest will be very casual.
7. If you like drawing but don't have a way to post them online, please say so and I can try and help you the best I can. If you can scan your drawings but can't post them on HSers, just use photobucket. It is very easy to use and totally free. If you don't have a scanner, you can even take photos of your drawings using a camera. And lastly, if you have a scanner but don't know how to use it, I can probably tell you how if you have a PC.

If you have any more questions about posting drawings, just contact me. I don't want technology to prevent anyone from entering.

The drawings themselves can be from any medium, though I suspect most of you will be using paper and pencil. Color is optional. Most importantly, just have fun with it. Again, submissions will be judged mainly on creativity.

Try and keep the challenges relatively simple (at least for now, perhaps later on more complex challenges will be given with everyone's consent). Ask the contestants to draw a character, or maybe a showdown between two characters, but please avoid epic battle scenes (i.e. draw all of Utgar's forces defending their fortress) and anything else that would take a week's worth of effort. And, obviously, keep it Heroscape related.

I think that's everything. Post any questions below.

Now, for the first challenge: Draw what you envision as Aquilla's dragon. A description of what the dragon can do (like lightning breath) would also be nice.
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart
Re: Fan Art Contest: Are you the best artist?

This sounds cool. Drawing is definately harder than writing, but I might give this a shot. Nice idea.

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll see what I can do with this. I'm assuming that the 'flexible due date' is roughly next Friday, given the rules? I have a scanner, but might not always have access to it, so I might use my camera. I'll start work on the dragon tonight probably.
Old June 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
I'll see what I can do with this. I'm assuming that the 'flexible due date' is roughly next Friday, given the rules? I have a scanner, but might not always have access to it, so I might use my camera. I'll start work on the dragon tonight probably.
Correct. Try and submit by the 17th (although once again more time will be granted as necessary).

Also a reminder (for everyone) when taking photos of the drawings: make sure they are clearly visible and make it look as much like a scan as possible. Obviously flash is unnecessary but a few lamps usually does the trick.
Old June 12th, 2011, 09:54 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm working on my dragon. I'm also trying to get my good friend, Abwiechen Schatten to participate in this. he's and excellent drawer, but doesn't spend much time on the site.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:27 AM

I am having scanner delays, but have completed my dragon. I like the way it turned out. I might not be able to get it up til Friday afternoon, though.

Come on people, we need to get a move on with the drawing... this is a great thread and we can't let it die.
EDIT: Yes, you see, when I say I am having scanner delays, I mean it.

Last edited by TGRF; June 18th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:08 PM

Unfortunately the contest is postponed until more people show interest. So far we've got one yes and a maybe. C'mon people, Grim and I can't be the only artists here.
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:11 AM

Vader Fan 7 Woo who?

Love to help - except I can't draw to save my life.

Like, seriously.

May the Force be with you...
Old June 19th, 2011, 06:56 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

And I seriously can't. I don't have the means of transferring something I draw onto the computer, unless I use an online drawing thing which I don't have the software for.

Sorry.
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
And I seriously can't. I don't have the means of transferring something I draw onto the computer, unless I use an online drawing thing which I don't have the software for.

Sorry.
Even no camera...? Oh well, thanks for letting me know; I appreciate it.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM

You don't need a scanner. Like WB68 said, just use a camera. Also, I'm no sp[ectacular drawer myself, but thanks to WB, the contest is on creativity not skill. If it were on skill, one person would win all the time. No matter how really really awful it is, you could still win. Something is better than nothing.
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Bam Bam

b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby!

Don't know if this is still on but I may as well post it

I have grown to dislike my username choice but am too far into this to change it now. BamBam57 makes me feel less like a robot. So I shall refer to myself as that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction