Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla (BoV-style) project-HELP WANTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Good luck, Killometer.

My fear for you is that issues of sculpt availability and a sea of nominations will overwhelm your group. Also the success of BoV is based on the knowledge base and attentiveness that characterize the committee, just something to bear in mind.

I hope it works, I hope everything works.
I'm concerned about the potential tidal wave of nominations as well, which is why, once the panel gets established, I'm hoping we figure out a way to cap the number of nominations in play at any given time.

I'm also aware of the respect that the BoV members command. Credibility is everything in trying to get a project like this accepted. That is why my ideal situation is to have more candidates than spots available, and to let the community choose who will represent this through an anonymous poll.

I hope it works, too.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; November 4th, 2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla (BoV-style) project-Judges Wanted!

I'm excited for this project and think it has real merit. As I said in the other thread, I think that this is an excellent avenue for the growth of Scape. There are many exceptional figures already made up--and in design--why not recognize the best, especially those that most carefully fit into the current world of Heroscape.

If I wasn't so wrapped up in other things I would 100% want to be part of this. I will definitely be watching and happy to help in any way that I can.
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

While I am yet still very new to all of this, I am learning fast, and would gladly help out out if my services were required.
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Killometer, you can sign me up as someone interested in judging. I don't really care to create customs but I *do* like looking at them, and we have plenty of playtesting time and resources at our house.

I do have a couple comments about the bylaws.

I think every candidate should have a card. This is *not* a customs creation project. It's a customs evaluation project. I suspect you do not want to be in the business of creating cards for people, and it's been my observation that the good customs creators have made good cards to go with. If the judges feel a card can be tweaked then perhaps they should have the authority to request that those changes be made, but it's not C3G, where the community pitches in & it's the community's name on the card at the end.

Also, again only my , if the goal is to generate final products that are compatible with the HeroScape we know and love then we are not going to reach that goal by evaluating units people can't get/create. Ideally all minis would be ones repurposed from other hobbies and not modified or painted - except for rebasing - for 'Scape.

I think that's important, otherwise it's giving a stamp of approval to a custom creator's project that is great for him but useless to the community.

I also think 13 is way too many judges.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM

HiTech126 is surprisingly tart

I think this is a great idea!
I feel that a sculpt is needed, however a card is not. Some people may have great ideas but be restricted from using them because they do not have the skills/patience to make a card.
I will volunteer to make cards for any submissions that lack one.
Also just as a clarification, if the project goes well, will we eventually see these custom units allowed at tournaments?

If your iDevice is jailbroken and your interested in my heroscape app, PM me.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Count me in killometer (in whatever capacity). At first I was of the mind that a card should not be required, but after reading through the thread and seeing what you're going for here, (the judging of existing creations), then I think both a card and sculpt are necessary. Basically a finished product as far as the creator is concerned (there are enough talented and generous people here on the site to help those of us who are GIMP/Photoshop challenged).

Sure there will be a glut of nominations at times, but that's the fun of it IMO. Better to have too many than not enough.

-insert signature here-
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
...I think every candidate should have a card. This is *not* a customs creation project. It's a customs evaluation project. I suspect you do not want to be in the business of creating cards for people, and it's been my observation that the good customs creators have made good cards to go with. If the judges feel a card can be tweaked then perhaps they should have the authority to request that those changes be made, but it's not C3G, where the community pitches in & it's the community's name on the card at the end...
If cards be what ye want, then I'll gladly offer my services to creators. If you need a card made, just PM me the stats and ability text as well as a picture of the figure used and/or any artwork you want displayed and I'll MSE/Gimp it for you.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If you guys ever need some nominations, you know where you can find me

Edit: Though I will probably make nominations here and there.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
I also think 13 is way too many judges.
I think you're right. How many sounds good to people? 7 seems like the minimum to get a good sample of playing styles, to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTech126 View Post
Also just as a clarification, if the project goes well, will we eventually see these custom units allowed at tournaments?
That's what I'd like to eventually see. I know that someday I'll run events that allow SoV units in my area.

As far as the card/sculpt thoughts, keep 'em coming! No final decision will be made until the panel is in place, but I think it's good to have these conversations.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

8 is a nice prime number to. I think no more than 8, and no less than 5.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think 6-8 judges is ideal. Otherwise units will take FOREVER to go through here.

I also think cards should be a requirement here. Maybe set up a thread with 2-3 people who will make cards for SoV nominees.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

7 - 8, Killometer. No more.

Also I'd encourage you not to rush anything. Take your time now, take your time working out the bylaws once you have your judges in place, take your time with judging.

One thing in the back of my head when I mentioned sculpts was that, by limiting candidates to accessible mass market figs you are also dramatically limiting the work the judges will have to do.

Feel free to ignore me, I'm just spitballing ideas as they pop into my head.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards