Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Dark Dimension (Design Phase)

You lost the sand.
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

There was never any sand. I tried it, but it was a major aesthetic clash; everything else on the board is lava, dungeon, or rock. Having two tiles of sand just felt out of place.
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd put the lava hills where the little rock paths are and make sure you have a nice flat area from the startzone so non-flyers can get going quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Alright, this has stagnated a bit (mea culpa, mea culpa!), so how does this look?

We could probably boost up that little side hill path thing onto the lava hill if we're so inclined.
I think this looks great, but I would add maybe just a single hex on the side where the start zone meets the lava hill - that way there is the chance to route around the hill on either side.
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Griff, that might address Quozl's concerns with a lot less work.

Old November 17th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I hope so. Right now, I am really digging the lay of the land, and it has already taken a lot of hard work to get it this far. I think if we can make a couple of very small and elegant tweaks, it is for the best.
Old November 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, let's see how this looks.

Fiddled with things a bit in that corner, making one more path - an easier, more direct way up the lava hill, and of course a way around.
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM

Nice.
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I've got it set up, so I'll try to give it a spin later and see how it plays.
Old November 19th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My concerns are twofold with all the height near the startzones:

1. It really slows down non-flyers. Count how many turns it would take a non-flyer with a move of 5 to reach the glyph compared to a flyer with a move of 5.

2. It may encourage just grabbing the height near the startzone and not leaving since it's safest there.

Let me know how it plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Actually, now that I think of it, we still haven't considered what Glyphs to put down.

I feel like the Makluan Matter Rings would make sense. Maybe the Nega-Bands and some of the Fantastic Four E-Glyphs. Nothing that lets you move other figures, though; that completely imbalances things.

Should it be one specific Glyph or a list of Glyphs to randomize?
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
My concerns are twofold with all the height near the startzones:

1. It really slows down non-flyers. Count how many turns it would take a non-flyer with a move of 5 to reach the glyph compared to a flyer with a move of 5.

2. It may encourage just grabbing the height near the startzone and not leaving since it's safest there.

Let me know how it plays out.
  1. All things like Glyphs, Terrain, DOs, special powers, etc, are designed by their very nature to create an unbalance. I am not concerned at all when a scenario favors one set of powers over another, as that has ALWAYS been part of the game. Look at the BoV Broken Skyline map. How well do you think Krug does on that map against Protectors of Ullar?
  2. Bullsh!t it is "safest there". It is lava field dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Actually, now that I think of it, we still haven't considered what Glyphs to put down.

I feel like the Makluan Matter Rings would make sense. Maybe the Nega-Bands and some of the Fantastic Four E-Glyphs. Nothing that lets you move other figures, though; that completely imbalances things.

Should it be one specific Glyph or a list of Glyphs to randomize?
I personally do not prefer it when maps dictate what glyphs to use. I like just having a random glyph designation that I can place a glyph on from my glyph pool randomly. This is how BoV maps and Tournaments handle glyphs, and I prefer it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library