Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 4th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Anubian Wolves

Yeah, your dice must have failed horribly to not be able to inflict 4 wounds - Both wolves are just about at the top of my "Fun" armies - very unpredictable and has a chance of obliterating your opponent or doing almost nothing.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I LOVE using these guys and Khosumet! In a series of recent games(Versus Charos, Alistair, Finn, Denny, and KoW x3) the wolves rolled 19 probably more often than any other number allowing them to crush the Knights(Occasionally, they would get 19 three times in a row!). Ironically, this was always after a custom wolf darklord was destroyed. During the slaughter of Knights/Champs, the wolves(Who had height) averaged about 7-8 skulls on 9-10 die.
Needless to say, any Knight/Champion they attacked was almost instantly and painfully obliterated!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Try using Khosumet with (Dignan's?) competitive modification. It gives him a Relentless Aura (instead of adjacent, it now has a range of 3) to make him a bit more usable.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:51 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

One tourny involving normal attacks range 1 only, I used 5x wolves, the Darklord & I. Samurai (510). I did it in spirit of Halloween & rolled good that day. Considering the format, several tried to use units with Counterstrike or high def., which doesn't help considering the high attacks I was getting. My army as a whole had the best movement compared to others. I won that one.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Try using Khosumet with (Dignan's?) competitive modification. It gives him a Relentless Aura (instead of adjacent, it now has a range of 3) to make him a bit more usable.

I actually haven't found Khoz to be overpriced in my casual games. I figure if Khosumet advances with his little buddies, then he exposes himself to enemy fire more, so the wolves run the risk of losing their own guys(Or my custom darklord loses one life) due to Unleashed Fury. I have lost count of how many times I've rolled a 19 for either the Anubians or the Darklord with Khosumet around. Utgar's Grim Reaper is fast climbing my list of favorite figures!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

I actually haven't found Khoz to be overpriced in my casual games. I figure if Khosumet advances with his little buddies, then he exposes himself to enemy fire more, so the wolves run the risk of losing their own guys(Or my custom darklord loses one life) due to Unleashed Fury. I have lost count of how many times I've rolled a 19 for either the Anubians or the Darklord with Khosumet around. Utgar's Grim Reaper is fast climbing my list of favorite figures!

I was thinking about this on the drive home yesterday. At what point do you just go ahead and draft Khosumet? Assuming he never does anything, there has to be a point where drafting him will make the wolves undercosted. Take Khosumet + three squads of wolves for example, again assuming khosument does nothing, you're paying 100 points / squad for wolves that won't kill themselves, and get thier massive attack more often. That sounds like a pretty fair price to me.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

I was thinking about this on the drive home yesterday. At what point do you just go ahead and draft Khosumet? Assuming he never does anything, there has to be a point where drafting him will make the wolves undercosted. Take Khosumet + three squads of wolves for example, again assuming khosument does nothing, you're paying 100 points / squad for wolves that won't kill themselves, and get thier massive attack more often. That sounds like a pretty fair price to me.
I think you are spot on. For 225 pts, just get three squads of Anubian Wolves. For 300, it's 3x Wolves + Khosumet vs. 4x Anubian Wolves (experience speaking, not statistics.) Does Khosumet make the wolves more than 75 points better in this scenario? I think so.

I also use Cyprien without Sonya almost exclusively, so I'm a weirdo.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

When you have an army full of Anubian Wolves and only 75 points left with only one starting space still available, Khosumet becomes a good buy.
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:42 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

I like living on the edge. I never take the Khosmet (sp?). Have I lost a couple of wolves along the way??? Of course. I just like taking my chances and drafting something else to compliment the wolves. KMA for cleanup after a wolf assult maybe?

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:50 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Ya, I'm a big fan of the wolves as well and I have tried many different armies with or without Khosumet and I have found having three extra wolves almost always wins over using him. I've lost some wolves over it and missed out on 8 attack because of it but not near as much as you'de think, or not enough (for me at least) for me to justify him over 3 other wolves.
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These guys are perfect for castle seiges. Most castles have a road to them, so they can stay out of range of guys on top of the castle, then quickly move in and attack the door. With a good roll, eight attack dice will devestate a door.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was playing a game with these guys today. They were doing really good; they even got an attack of 5 for four turns in a row! Then, at the very end, it came down to one wolf against my dads Izumi Samurai. I get to go first that round, I roll the D20. . .

. . . And I get a one. Out of every single time where I would have rather had a one, it had to be when it was the only figure left in my army.

I re-rolled as though I had never gotten the one, and Counter Strike would have still killed me anyway. It's just the fact that I lost to Anubian suicide that really sucks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units