Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 5th, 2024, 11:24 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Right Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Is this for a draft with classic or for AoA only?

(Btw I think I disagre with a lot of things )

Also good rank says the unit is good or bad? Caus in your other rankings you have good untis at some terrible rank so I don't undertsand.
I'm assuming with Classic. Rankings are as detailed in the OP

A - you can include this in a draft pool and it'll almost always be good
B - most of the time this is a good option for a draft pool but you need to be a bit careful
C - you really need to craft a pool carefully to make this unit work
D - this unit is either going to struggle to pull its weight in a draft pool or is going to make drafting tough for you (this is why Raelin gets ranked at D)
F - this unit is going to be bad for your draft pool and I'm not sure there's a way to make it good

I also have 3 separate rankings for 3 separate draft type events. Raelin is a D in Pooled Draft and Pod Draft but an A in Sideboards.

~Dysole, informationally
Old March 6th, 2024, 08:28 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Right Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Is this for a draft with classic or for AoA only?

(Btw I think I disagre with a lot of things )

Also good rank says the unit is good or bad? Caus in your other rankings you have good untis at some terrible rank so I don't undertsand.
I'm assuming with Classic. Rankings are as detailed in the OP

A - you can include this in a draft pool and it'll almost always be good
B - most of the time this is a good option for a draft pool but you need to be a bit careful
C - you really need to craft a pool carefully to make this unit work
D - this unit is either going to struggle to pull its weight in a draft pool or is going to make drafting tough for you (this is why Raelin gets ranked at D)
F - this unit is going to be bad for your draft pool and I'm not sure there's a way to make it good

I also have 3 separate rankings for 3 separate draft type events. Raelin is a D in Pooled Draft and Pod Draft but an A in Sideboards.

~Dysole, informationally
Well you claim Raelin is bad to include but I mean isn't all that relative
to the other figures in the pool? For example you rank figures such as Axegrinders, PKs, Kaemon and even Deathrevaers at A rank but if all the other figures in the pool are like very low tier, having one of those units in your pool may make this unit completely dominate the pool and hance hurt you a ton if you loose dice-off exactly just like Raelin would do. So I admit I don't really get what really are the criterias so a unit is "A tier just strong enough" like Kaemon and not "too strong, D tier" like Raelin imo it highly depends on a lot of things and especially the other figures in the pool.

Also I think a ranking of "usual strengh" of a figure in those formats would be probably more useful as imo in those formats (pod draft, draft) you can completely get away having bad pods/pool and be fine as long as you draft well, whereas the opposite is completely false.

For example let's take last pod draft tournament winner Ryguy, in my opinion he had pods really on the weaker side, I think everyone would agree with this, (Tomb skeletons at D from your rankings, Deadeye Dan at C- from your rankings, I think everyone would agree those are very meh figures even in a pod draft environnement) but still managed to win because he drafted well and played well and that's really only what you need to do in a pod draft tournament.

Old March 6th, 2024, 09:31 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm

I feel like that's covered under my OP disclaimers.

Quote:

This ranking is primarily about building the pool, not the actual gameplay.

Power rankings by OEAO, Jexik, dok, or vegie (among others) are still going to hold basically true for the actual playing of the game. Draft introduces some more dynamics and a lot jankier armies but usually a figure that's good in standard play will be good in an actual game of draft

These rankings are built assuming you're not sabotaging yourself.

Figures like Warriors of Ashra or Mezzodemons are assuming you're including something that counters their difficult to play against abilities. Bonding squads are generally assumed to have one or more figures they bond with in the pool. You're not going to necessarily build a great draft pool by throwing together a bunch of high ranking figures that don't have any synergy with each other.
Does that cover it or is there a better way to do this?

~Dysole, wanting to do what is best for the community
Old March 7th, 2024, 06:48 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I feel like that's covered under my OP disclaimers.

Quote:

This ranking is primarily about building the pool, not the actual gameplay.

Power rankings by OEAO, Jexik, dok, or vegie (among others) are still going to hold basically true for the actual playing of the game. Draft introduces some more dynamics and a lot jankier armies but usually a figure that's good in standard play will be good in an actual game of draft

These rankings are built assuming you're not sabotaging yourself.

Figures like Warriors of Ashra or Mezzodemons are assuming you're including something that counters their difficult to play against abilities. Bonding squads are generally assumed to have one or more figures they bond with in the pool. You're not going to necessarily build a great draft pool by throwing together a bunch of high ranking figures that don't have any synergy with each other.
Does that cover it or is there a better way to do this?

~Dysole, wanting to do what is best for the community
Yeah that covers it really well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion