Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 9th, 2014, 04:34 PM

Syvarris45 is surprisingly tart
Syvarris45's Dinoscape

UPDATED WITH CARDS

Greetings fellow 'Scapers! This is my first thread, and I was hoping to share my custom creations. I also got the pics in..... finally. Well, here it is...TADA! DINOSCAPE!!! To kick things off here, ladies and gentlescapers, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Life:8
Move:5
Range:1
Attack:6
Defense:4

Dinosaur
Unique Hero
Carnivore
Ravenous
Huge 12
200 points

Chomp
(I'm pretty sure we all know this ability, but what the heck.)
After moving and before attacking, choose a figure that is not Huge adjacent to Tyrannosaurus Rex. If it is a Squad figure, destroy it. If it is a Hero figure, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the figure.

Big Step
Tyrannosaurus Rex may move through all figures that are not Huge.

The figure I used is a Schleich 2002 T-Rex figure I got when I was little. (as most little kids are, I was obsessed with dinos).

Next up to bat, the Allosaurus.
The hunter of the group...................

Move:5
Attack:5
Defense:5

Dinosaur
Unique Hero
Carnivore
Ravenous
Huge 9
250 points

Hunt
Instead of attacking normally, Choose a figure within 5 spaces of Allosaurus. Roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, place Allosaurus adjacent to that figure and place the figure on this card. When attacking, you may remove up to 3 figures from this card. Each figure you remove counts for one extra hit. You may have up to three figures on this card.

This figure is also Schleich, only it's 2005. I still see it in Walmart. (I just don't know why they put it in the Barbie isle). So there's the Allosaurus. To finish the Dinoscape theme, here's the Brachiosaurus.

Move:4
Attack:3
Defense:9

Dinosaur
Unique Hero
Herbivore
Enormous
Huge 17
200 points

Trample
When Brachiosaurus is wounded, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may move Brachiosaurus 10 spaces. During this movement, you may move through all figures. Any figures you move through receive 1 wound.

Size is Strength
Brachiosaurus is not affected by Special Attacks

The figure I used is yet again, 2002 Schleich Brachiosaurus. Well, that wraps up Dinoscape. Thanks!

~Syvarris45~

Last edited by Syvarris45; November 14th, 2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Edited to add dino cards
Old November 9th, 2014, 05:15 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Syvarris45's Dinoscape

Inserting Pictures
1. Find image URL
2. Type [ IMG ]
3. Insert URL
4. Type [ /IMG ]
5. Remove spaces from IMG tags

Or, you can just click the "Insert Image" button, on the message toolbar

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:17 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thank you for sharing and welcome to the customs forum. Dinoscape seems like a fun idea to play around with!

Tyrannosaurus Rex

This is a proper king of the dinosaurs. I'd say he's probably earning his points over Grimnak with his high boost to his life and significant attack increase. This guy can easily take out two figures a round. Is there a particular reason why you added tiny and large to the list of sizes for Chomp? Tiny isn't a Classic size but there's nothing wrong if you plan on including it. If this guy is big enough, being able to eat up to large can also justify his points. I also really like the Big Step power. Maybe you could put sizes on that, too. I have trouble seeing him stride right over your Brachiosaurus, for instance.

Allosaurus

This one seems particularly terrifying. If I'm not mistaken, it can use its Hunt power to effectively destroy any figure in range regardless of size. It's not terribly reliable, but this dinosaur is tough enough to stick around and can even attempt it at range while it is slowly making its way up (it will be slow on elevation with a double base and lack of flying). The extra hits from this power is really just gravy. If you are already using Hunt to wipe out key units, you've already won by the time you use this for the extra attack boost.

Brachiosaurus

This monster is nigh indestructible against all but the highest of attacks. 9 defense jumps up to what is called Deathwalker status. Its a huge defense that can block attacks quite a bit but is occasionally subject to the "Walker Roll," where an attack was just high enough or the defense just missed and a wound or two is able to get through. On something like a Deathwalker, this means that they die right then and there. Even other powerful units will have lower life to compensate for their high defense. However, with 8 life to accompany it, the few attacks that do squeak through to put a wound on here or there will just be a drop in the bucket.

Otherwise, Trample seems like a cool power and gives me a sense of this stampeding across the board when it takes a wound. It's a little unreliable, but you'll probably get plenty of chances at it given its life and defense. Size is Strength sums it up well, although the power feels almost unnecessary given its defensive abilities anyway.

These are all really cool and fun customs! Thank you for sharing.
Old November 10th, 2014, 03:34 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

These are really cool customs! One question, is the Tyrannosaurus Rex's chomp a replica of Grimmnak's chomp? I'm not sure because Tyrannosaurus Rex's chomp can affect large figures.

Another thing... What if they were uncommon heroes?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 10th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It does not matter if the figure is common, uncommon or unique, if it is a Hero, they get the d20 roll.

For Chomp you could just say:
After moving and before attacking, choose a figure, that is not Huge, adjacent to Tyrannosaurus Rex. If it is a Squad figure, destroy it. If it is a Hero figure, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the figure.

Cool designs. I agree with all of Ixe's points.
Move 5 with a two-hex figure will be troublesome, especially on broken or hilly terrain. Move 4 will be dreadfully slow. The C3G T-Rex has Move 6 and I am usually wishing for 7.
You could expand Big Step to also ignore elevations changes, perhaps two or less.

Walmart also has a T-Rex figure for a dollar when in stock. I noticed the Dollar Tree has similar(if not the same) figures, no T-Rex though, at least not yet.
Walmart has another T-Rex from the Mighty Megasaur collection for around $8 that has eyes that light up and roars. Pretty cool.

Bottom left corner.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 10th, 2014, 06:53 PM

Thank you all for the tips and compliments. Ixe, you are right, I will have to put sizes for the T-Rex's Big Step. Marro Warlord, I did base Chomp off of Grimnak, but I put large 'cause I wanted to be able to chomp Deathwalker. And I did have common and uncommon heroes in mind when writing Chomp. Tornado, I like your wording and I think that's what I'll change it to. OH! and cwidje, thank you for the tips.

Thanks again for the compliments and tips. I'll be putting on more customs as I get more done.

~Syvarris45~

Last edited by Syvarris45; November 10th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old November 10th, 2014, 10:22 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvarris45 View Post
I did base Chomp off of Grimnak, but I put large 'cause I wanted to be able to chomp Deathwalker.
~Syvarris45~
Now Mr. T-Rex has a mouthfull of soulborg. Mmm... Delicious. I have to go get myself some fried soulborg... Be right back...

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 11th, 2014, 09:49 PM

I got the pics up and changed the wording on the T-Rex a bit. I changed it to Tornado's wording, 'cause it's short and it still gets the job done.

Last edited by Syvarris45; November 11th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards