Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 3rd, 2006, 11:44 PM

Jacks_lament has disabled reputation
A simple Question... Where are the Dwarves/Pirates?

Ok, so we're getting more Samurai, more agents and so on. What I want to know is, When are we getting some freakin' dwarves? Does someone at Hasbro have something against our little bearded friends? Some pirates would also be pretty cool. Anyways just thought I would chime in since I haven't really posted on the new site yet!

P.S. Do the Heroscape guys sell anything at Gen-con or just set up a display?

"Swords are stupid!" -Major Q9
Old July 3rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
P.S. Do the Heroscape guys sell anything at Gen-con or just set up a display?
They do not sell anything, but the Hasbro store will have some stuf.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 4th, 2006, 03:51 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: A simple Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks_lament
What I want to know is, When are we getting some freakin' dwarves?
Only time will tell...
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Welcome, Jack's lament. I've got no additional answers to your questions, but do want you to feel welcome here.
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dwarves would be cool, but there are real stumpling blocks when it comes to their size and it's impact on movement in this game.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I wonder if dwarves, with a small size, would have a special movement ability that allowed them to climb higher than their own height? I do hate to have "exception" rules, though.
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Mighty Mouse!

It is a catch 22. If they make exceptions for all small sized creatures, then there is no advantage to being a bit bigger.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:04 AM

Yeah....even a "scurry" movement of, oh, about 20 wouldn't solve the problem.

SCURRY:
Instead of their regular movement, small figures may scurry up to 20 spaces, but they may not attack after moving.
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Maybe they should have a Dwarven Giant? :P

Seriously though I love the poster's sentiment. I have been crying for Pirates and Dwarves for some time now. It's good to see that lots of others feel the same way.

Old July 4th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Dwarves would be cool, but there are real stumpling blocks when it comes to their size and it's impact on movement in this game.
Uh? Am I missing something here? I have no idea what you could be talking about. So they can't climb as high as most characters, big deal? o.O

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Uh? Am I missing something here? I have no idea what you could be talking about. So they can't climb as high as most characters, big deal? o.O
Could be quite a big deal. Not just for dwarves, but for any small unit. severely limiting access to areas of the map and slowing down movement tremendously. There are official maps that would have areas that would be unreachable by small units... Yes I see it as a stumbling block that probably explains why we have not seen anything small yet and when we do it will likely have an ability that mitigates this drawback.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
With the forthcoming ladders a Dwarf could move anywhere.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion