Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:09 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Blue Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Blue Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Possibly hinting to a larger Dragon? Discussed here
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Compared to the Zettians:

Zettians have 4 more defense.
Blue Wyrmlings can attack 2 more figures.
Zettians can add for height and targeting.
Blue Wyrmlings can fly.
Zettian range is greater (Blue Wyrmlings have to have something closer to reach out to 7, and the Zettians can get a boost).
Blue Wyrmlings can shoot around corners.
Zettians can get spirit boosts.
Blue Wyrmlings' base move is greater.
Blue Wyrmlings have a significantly higher base attack.

Something I noticed with the elementals and that will be true for all the Wyrmlings as well is that a low-ish defense and one life is a bad thing. It's true that with the pseudo-bonding each of them has, that is offset by being able to take a turn with more than one, but I still generally feel like I get more out of squads than heroes like this. Maybe it's all psychological....

Something else cool about the elementals and now these guys is that they operate like a squad, but you get to take a turn with one before progressing to the next. I've wanted to do that with squads before, because sometimes you don't know if one guy is going to be enough or not and you send either not enough help or too much.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:54 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Compared to the Zettians:

Something else cool about the elementals and now these guys is that they operate like a squad, but you get to take a turn with one before progressing to the next. I've wanted to do that with squads before, because sometimes you don't know if one guy is going to be enough or not and you send either not enough help or too much.
I agree with this completely. I could see any of the Wyrmlings being used in small proportions to make up for a weakness in an otherwise solid army. Like having two or three to clear out rats, or to have a special attack in a KoW or AoBF army.
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:21 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think these guys will be great squad killers. If you keep them away from heros and just go after your opponents squads, I see these guys passing thier points in no time. Having them on the field will at the very least make your opponent think twice about having thier squads close together, which in a lot of ways negates that squads ability to deal enough damage. I think mixing these with the RW and BW is the best way to go.
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:55 AM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

I like the idea of using two of these guys with a solid dwarf biuld.

Mogrimm
Migol
3X Axegrinders
2X Blue Wyrmlings
500 points

The BW's give the Dwarves a much needed ranged and SA support unit.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:29 AM

MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker

I was just wondering if the Blue wyrmling could launch a bolt at a Castle door and then at someone inside the castle. If it worked, it would be a great way to strike at some reserve squaddies before you blew down the door.
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, if he does not die from the shots from above.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:15 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
I like the idea of using two of these guys with a solid dwarf biuld.

Mogrimm
Migol
3X Axegrinders
2X Blue Wyrmlings
500 points

The BW's give the Dwarves a much needed ranged and SA support unit.
Not a bad build, but I think that these Wyrmlings are going to perform much better when you draft at least 3, maybe 4. They basically function like a common squad since you can always activate two of them, so if you only draft two and one is destroyed, you've instantly lost half of their activations. That's like drafting a single unit of a common squad.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oooh! Oooh! Awesome strategy idea (even if it's not really that powerful)!

2x BW + Iron Golem

IG goes 1st, blocks line of sight. Beedubs follow behind, hidden from range, use their Fledgling Lightning Breath on Iggy. Defacto range 7 special attack from cover (that has no possibility of affecting Iggy!
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Interesting, it's like that big iron beast acts like some sort of conductor or something...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:38 PM

And all the enemy sees is an Iron giant lumbering towards them shooting electricity!!!!

That'd be more than enough to make me want to head home!!

Jugger

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units