Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

By the way...To help with some confusion, I thought this might help clarify some of the formats:

(I don't think we should try all these formats, but I listed the ones we've been talking about so we can get some thought going.)

NMN1229739 HeroScape – Monster Mash - (?) point Heroscape. The army MUST include at least 350 points worth of Large and / or Huge figures. Army cannot exceed 24 hexes. The tournament is played in one hour rounds.

NMN1229741 HeroScape – Assassin’s Creed -
(?) point HeroScape army. The army must include at least 3 unique or uncommon heroes. You cannot use the same uncommon hero more than once. Army cannot exceed 16 hexes. Each game you choose one of your opponent’s unique or uncommon heroes to destroy. If you destroy that hero before they destroy the one they picked from you, you win. The tournament is played in one hour rounds.

NMN1229743 HeroScape – Heroes Only -
Players bring a (?) point Heroscape army that does not include squad units. Army cannot exceed 16 hexes.

NMN1229750 HeroScape – General Wars
War of the Valkyrie Generals! Players bring a (?) point Heroscape army. Army Size is limited to 24 hexes. All Army Cards MUST be from the same Valkyrie General. Should the Valkrill units will be classified as Utgar for this event? The tournament is played in one hour rounds.

Kill 'em All - I think we're all pretty familiar with this one.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Personally, I'd like to either do one format with one army size, or do a draft pool. Bringing multiple separate armies for multiple formats just sounds like a headache.
Yeah. That's kinda what I'm thinking too.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd prefer not to do Heroes Only as that's the only one of the above formats that we've played before locally. Any of the others are fine.

I would be fine with either set army or pooled draft for Assassin's Creed or Kill 'em all. It would probably be better to stick with a set army for Monster Mash or General Wars.

Last edited by dok; May 25th, 2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: We could do a mix of Assassin's Creed and Kill em' All with a pooled draft, I guess
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

When forced to choose one, I say General Wars, lump in Valkrill with Utgar. I'd also prefer to avoid Heroes Only. Assassins Creed works for me too. Like dok says, 1 format, 1 army.
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:49 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I'd prefer not to do Heroes Only as that's the only one of the above formats that we've played before locally. Any of the others are fine.

I would be fine with either set army or pooled draft for Assassin's Creed or Kill 'em all. It would probably be better to stick with a set army for Monster Mash or General Wars.
My vote is for the draft pool with Assassin's Creed and Kill 'em all.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:

My vote is for the draft pool with Assassin's Creed and Kill 'em all.
I would probably prefer no more than 2 formats, and since I have a rather pathetic collection of commons, a pooled draft sounds good too. I'm with GR.

Old May 25th, 2012, 02:50 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The nice thing about Assasin's Creed is you can play it out of the same draft pool as a kill 'em all game.
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The nice thing about Assasin's Creed is you can play it out of the same draft pool as a kill 'em all game.
Yeah, that works out well. Could we bring a 900-1100 draft pool, and play 550 kill-'em-all and 650 Assassin's Creed? Would all (9-14) of us put together our pools to draft all at once (~10000 point pool) or would we draft each game with the 2 combined pools from each player? I think it'd be cool to do a massive everybody-drafts-at-once, but what does everyone else think?

Old May 25th, 2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Yeah, that works out well. Could we bring a 900-1100 draft pool, and play 550 kill-'em-all and 650 Assassin's Creed? Would all (9-14) of us put together our pools to draft all at once (~10000 point pool) or would we draft each game with the 2 combined pools from each player? I think it'd be cool to do a massive everybody-drafts-at-once, but what does everyone else think?
Draft each game individually; that's how we've always done it locally and it works well.

I'd be inclined to go with lower point totals than that, but it's kpucblek's show.
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Lower points sounds good to me, if we do Monster Mash (higher likelihood of big 'ol Monster battles) or Assassins Creed (makes you think of just how you keep that Hero safe). I'd go for a bit higher, say 550, maybe 600, if we did General Wars or Heroes Only. Straight-up kill 'em all, I say go with standard 500.

Say, does anybody like Dignan's Can't See The Jungle?-

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; May 26th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Map Suggestion
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:12 PM

Ok guys. I agree with dok on the draft.

1. It seems that the majority is saying Assassin's Creed and Kill 'em All. Half of the maps will be Assassin's Creed, the other half will be Kill 'em All. I prefer that both formats have the same size armies. For the Gen Con events, both of these formats are 450. Do we want to try following them?

2. We'll have a draft pool (drafting for individual games). My preference is around 800-950. But I think we can discuss the size of the pool a bit.

3. Do we want to do a shared draft pool (between the two players of each game) or just draft out of our own pool?

4. Maps: So far we have Sirocco, Arachne, Meander and Erosion. We are probably going to need 3 or possibly 4 more. Any more thoughts?

5. When do we start? I think we'd make the best of our time if we arrive for set up around 10. How's that sound to everyone?

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:14 PM

I've played a ton on Can't See the Jungle, but I like it and wouldn't mind playing on it again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events