Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:13 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Obfuscatedhippo - Customs from Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Sir Morgan
I don't quite see Aquilla for this guy. Thematically he seems more Jandar and color scheme I'd see Einar or Utgar (although I think it's ridiculous that generals summon units based on the color of their clothing). Including Talon Grab in his bonding also seems out of place. Being carried (i.e. riding on the back of) has a very different thematic feel than being snatched up by the talons of a passing wyvern.

If those comments seem a little critical, it's because I really like the design. Mount Up is a clever way to get around the engagement restriction on carry and he is quite formidable when beside his mount. In many ways, an automatic skull is like adding 2 attack so he can be quite dangerous, especially since it's fairly easy to carry him to height. I'd say the points are even a little bit low if it weren't for the fact that the carrying units aren't all that competitive (they still may be a touch low). He looks like a lot of fun to play, in any case.
Thank you!

I originally had a different figure, Mirkwood Guard below, who's color-pattern was more Aquilla but he wasn't quite a "knight/cavalier."

The story behind the figure will be that Aquilla has provided a magical item that allows the cavalier to 'tame' larger beasts.

The custom plays well - and it is fun to have Sir Morgan 'mount up' with different figures. It does take a large investment in both Sir Morgan and his mount (or two), and a barrage of ranged attacks can eliminate the cavalier before he gets off those auto-skull attacks. When teamed with a Wyvern, he was more effective since he could be carried 7 spaces (8 if he gets dropped in front) and together drop an attack of 4 (Wyvern) and then Sir Morgan's 3 + 1 auto.

And dropping Sir Morgan on height after the 'carry' can help with both offense & defense if the spaces are available.

Playing Sir Morgan with Wyverns tends to also want you to play with Spiders. You run into the problem of deciding between Morgan + Wyvern for 2 attacks versus Wyvern + Spider bonding for 4 attacks.

But he's fun .. and you get to use a little imagination for the sky-cavalier theme. And the mini isn't that expensive : )

This figure was more readily available when I came up with the design about a year ago, so I changed him up to Kleef Kenric since that figure just came out.

And shout-out to @IshMEL who helped with the wording/design.
Old November 27th, 2016, 03:15 AM

Tried my hand at making some custom trees out of Heroscape tiles for Battletech. This is my first attempt at flocking, and I think they came out well.

Trees might be a little tall for Battlemechs but the Heroscape trees are way too big for 'Tech.

Could probably use them for Heroscape as well, maybe like Jungle trees.

Swamp Water tiles
4Ground Young Orchard trees
Gale Force Nine flock (blended 2 types)
Army Painter Swamp Tuffs
Old December 1st, 2016, 03:28 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

They look great! Nice job.
Old December 6th, 2016, 08:30 PM

There have been a few Pathfinder Battles figures that have a black & red color scheme over the last 3 sets. As more have been released, I am thinking that they could become their own faction/army. Most of these are in the $3 - $4 range, with a few that are more.

With those kinds of costs, and some challenges with availability, I was thinking about a "group concept" army of Heroes, similar to the Elf Wizards. The concept would focus around the newly released "Fire Diabolist" who looks awesome in pictures but much smaller in person. I am thinking of this group as Cultists who worship/follow the Fire Diabolist (who might be a demon in disguise).

Also grabbing the black demon-looking Planeswalker from AotP to round out the group.

Basic ideas:

Fire Diabolist = Demon = Leader
Thrune Agent = Human = Cleric
Priest of Asmodeos = Human = Cleric
Thrune Enforcer = Human = Cultist
Lamashtu Thug 1 = Human = Cultist
Lamashtu Thug 2 = Human = Cultist
Ob Nix from AotP Planeswalker = Demon
Slaver Demon promo = Demon

I was considering using the Elf Wizard ... "bonus for each Cultist or Cleric that follows Valkrill within 3 clear sight spaces" concept. Still need to develop some powers, but this group could also have some synergy with the Nhah Scirh cultists unless we're careful with wording.

Anyway! no powers yet .. but throwing this out there for folks looking into 'group concepts.'

Here are some pics:
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:44 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

They look really good together!

I've been working on a "Demon Summoner" that might give you ideas for one of these:

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 17th, 2017, 09:41 PM

Here's a custom that I've been kicking around lately. Sort of stalled a bit in brainstorming. Great mini - and I like the Vortex Orb power.

When I looked at the figure closer I saw how the "chains" are binding his feet together and I thought of a controlled/conjured Djinn or Demon spirit. This put me in the direction of a Wizard that summoned and controlled him, and if I was going with Djinn - then he'd be an Air Elemental.

I built in a flaw that he can be temporarily controlled by other magic-user types (like Wizards) but it is also an advantage if you are running those classes.

He's a little odd, and not sure if he is balanced, so feedback would be appreciated.

Unit Name: MALLEKIM
General: UTGAR
Species: Djinn
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Minion
Personality: Tormented
Size: MEDIUM 6
Stats
Life: 3
Move: 6
Range: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 6

Special Powers
CONJURED CONTROLLER
After any player reveals an Order Marker on an Arachnomancer, Battle Mage, Warwitch, or Wizard they control within 8 spaces of Mallekim, before taking a turn with that figure, they may roll the 20-sided die. If you control that figure add 8 to the result. If they roll a 16 or higher, take temporary control of Mallekim and immediately take a turn with him. At the end of that turn, control of Mallekim returns to his original owner. All order markers that were on this Army Card will stay on this Army Card.

VORTEX ORB
Instead of attacking, choose a space within 5 spaces of Mallekim that is no more than 10 levels above or below Mallekim's height and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, any figure on that space receives 1 wound, and you may chose a small or medium figure within 2 spaces of the chosen space. Place the chosen figure adjacent to that space. Figures moved by Vortex Orb will not take any leaving engagement attacks but they may take falling damage.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Mallekim's movement, ignore elevations. Mallekim may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Mallekim is engaged when he starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Army Builds:
UTGAR 'Controller' -
Mallekim ... 90
Estivara ... 180
Wyvern x 2 ... 380
Spiders x3 ... 500

MARRO 'Controller' -
Mallekim ... 90
Kee-Moo-Shi ... 220
Marro Dividers x4 ... 420
Marro Warriors ... 470
Marcu ... 490
Isamu ... 500

ULLAR 'Controller' -
Mallekim ... 90
Sonlen ... 250
Emirroon ... 330
Kyntela ... 350
Warriors of Ashra x3 ... 500

JANDAR 'Controller' -
Mallekim ... 90
Everan Sunshadow ... 170
Omnicron Snipers x3 ... 470
Eldgrimm ... 500

EINAR 'Controller' -
Mallekim ... 90
Quorik Warwitch ... 200
Beakface Sneaks x6 ... 380
Asterios ... 500
Old January 18th, 2017, 05:48 PM

I like Mallekim a lot -- awesome figure! The chained djin who is subject to the whims of the magician is a great theme, and I think "Conjured Controller" does a good job of capturing that. I think the name should be something more like "Conjurer's Command" since "Conjured Controller" makes it sound like the Controller is the one who has been Conjured. The wording is a bit tricky since it works for both you and your opponent, but I think you can get away without specifying that you don't take temporary control of your own card. The only loophole I can see is Ulginesh -- since you don't "take a turn" with Ulginesh, do you get the turn with Mallekim? You could get around this with the "small or medium" modifier, or just eliminate Wizards from the list. (Sorcerer?)

I'm a mite bit confused over Vortex Orb -- does the effect of the Orb pull in the other figure, like a rip in the fabric of REALITY ITSELF? I think I see why you specify the "space" instead of the figure, it just takes a bit of getting used to that wording. Interesting that you don't need line of sight. He would be great to bring to a castle siege, you could wound a figure on one side of the wall and use the Orb to bring one of your own figures inside. (Can Mallekim be the chosen figure?)
Old January 19th, 2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I like Mallekim a lot -- awesome figure! The chained djin who is subject to the whims of the magician is a great theme, and I think "Conjured Controller" does a good job of capturing that. I think the name should be something more like "Conjurer's Command" since "Conjured Controller" makes it sound like the Controller is the one who has been Conjured. The wording is a bit tricky since it works for both you and your opponent, but I think you can get away without specifying that you don't take temporary control of your own card. The only loophole I can see is Ulginesh -- since you don't "take a turn" with Ulginesh, do you get the turn with Mallekim? You could get around this with the "small or medium" modifier, or just eliminate Wizards from the list. (Sorcerer?)

I'm a mite bit confused over Vortex Orb -- does the effect of the Orb pull in the other figure, like a rip in the fabric of REALITY ITSELF? I think I see why you specify the "space" instead of the figure, it just takes a bit of getting used to that wording. Interesting that you don't need line of sight. He would be great to bring to a castle siege, you could wound a figure on one side of the wall and use the Orb to bring one of your own figures inside. (Can Mallekim be the chosen figure?)
Thanks for the feedback. Still a work in progress. He's going into the play-test stage so I was hoping for some input before we put him through the grinder.

Conjurer's Command is a good name! And yes Ulginesh might be a problem but if I exclude him (or other Wizards) than the Flaw of Mallekim can't be exploited by your opponent as much. Not that you'd want that to happen but that's part of the theme.

Quote:
VORTEX ORB
Instead of attacking, choose a space within 5 spaces of Mallekim that is no more than 10 levels above or below Mallekim's height and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, any figure on that space receives 1 wound, and you may chose a small or medium figure within 2 spaces of the chosen space. Place the chosen figure adjacent to that space. Figures moved by Vortex Orb will not take any leaving engagement attacks but they may take falling damage.
I debated between a Special Attack (that had Lob) and a Special Power. I went power since it was d20 based.

Might need to change that to ".. within 2 clear sight spaces" - though the idea of creating the Vortex on a space to pull one of your own figures is one strategy. I do see him being helpful in castle siege. Or pulling figures from height. It is only 50/50 that it works but he's only 90-points.
Old June 6th, 2017, 08:17 PM

Brainstorming some ideas for the new Giant Scorpion from the Crown of Fangs set.

Unit Name: CHEPHALAX

Figures: Pathfinder Battles – Crown of Fangs – Giant Scorpion
General: AQUILLA
Species: Arachnid
Class: Predator
Personality: Wild
Size: LARGE 5
Stats
Life: 5
Move: 7
Range: 1
Defense: 5

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Chephalax attacks with a normal attack, it may attack one additional time. This additional attack may be a normal attack or its Poison Sting Special Attack.

PINCER CLAWS
After moving and before attacking, you may reveal an X order marker on this card and chose a figure adjacent to Chephalax. While engaged with Chephalax, the chosen figure cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or glyph and rolls 2 less defense. This effect ends at the end of the round.

POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 3
If Chephalax inflicts at least 1 wound with Poison Sting Special Attack roll the 20-sided die for Poison Damage. If you roll 1-9 nothing happens. If you roll 10-19, add 1 additional wound marker to the defending figure’s Army Card and roll again for Poison Damage. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; June 7th, 2017 at 02:03 AM.
Old June 12th, 2017, 07:33 PM

The mini has arrived and it looks awesome! Probably a peanut base to avoid questions of 'stinger denial' (no pun intended).

Old June 14th, 2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Brainstorming some ideas for the new Giant Scorpion from the Crown of Fangs set.

Stats

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Chephalax attacks with a normal attack, it may attack one additional time. This additional attack may be a normal attack or its Poison Sting Special Attack.

PINCER CLAWS
After moving and before attacking, you may reveal an X order marker on this card and chose a figure adjacent to Chephalax. For the duration of the round, while adjacent to Chephalax, the chosen figure cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or glyph and rolls 2 less defense.

Range 1, Attack 3
If Chephalax inflicts at least 1 wound with Poison Sting Special Attack roll the 20-sided die for Poison Damage. If you roll 1-9 nothing happens. If you roll 10-19, add 1 additional wound marker to the defending figure’s Army Card and roll again for Poison Damage. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.

Updating Pincer Claws wording

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; June 15th, 2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old June 15th, 2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post

Stats

DOUBLE ATTACK

PINCER CLAWS
After moving and before attacking, you may reveal an X order marker on this card and chose a figure adjacent to Chephalax. For the duration of the round, while adjacent to Chephalax, the chosen figure cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or glyph and rolls 2 less defense.

Range 1, Attack 3
Army Ideas:

Chephalax ... 120
Spiders x4 ... 280
Estivara ... 360
Wyvern ... 460
Theracus ... 500

Use Predator bonding to get Scorpion and/or Wyvern into position then OM3 on Theracus to "taxi" Estivara up into the fray. Scorpions are arachnids so Estivara's +1 attack aura at 6-range works on Chephalax : P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards