Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old December 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: How to play HeroScape online

Therion and I tried this today, this is a very good system!

For the Record, we tried Dignan's Fulcrum. The board rectangular shape is a great way to get over the learning curve and still keep the game exciting.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Dok, everyone is always at legal risk all the time. That is just the way our world works.

You can take many risks or no risks at all, and still end up with a case in court. You just never know when someone thinks that they can use the legal system to get something from you, and then attempt to do so. I don't presume to know who can "win" in "what" case, but I do believe in trying to avoid those situations if possible - but that is just me.
Old December 19th, 2011, 12:08 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Well, sure, you're right. WotC could sue if we improve the interface too much. WotC could decide to sue us over what we've done already. WotC could decide to sue the customs community for piggybacking on their IP.

IANAL, but in each case, the case seems basically unwinnable for WotC in a judgement, since nobody is profiting from these things and it would be impossible for WotC to demonstrate any harm this is causing to their brand or their profits. Corporations lose much better IP infringement cases than this one regularly. WotC would have an even harder time arguing the case since they've discontinued the product.

That said (and bearing in mind that, again, IANAL) that wouldn't really matter if WotC did decide to sue, because it would be such a pain to defend yourself in court that nearly anyone here would just decide to drop the project if they actually got slapped with a cease-and-desist letter, much less an actual lawsuit. So, you're right that WotC could decide to shut this down if they wanted to.

My contention is that:

a) WotC cares waaaaaaaaaaay too little about 'scape to bother issuing BS cease-and-desist letters to people who are keeping the game alive and not hurting their profits.
b) I don't think adding a few more features makes a C&D letter any more likely than it already is.
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:11 AM

Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker

Anyone fancy a googlescape game next week????
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Has anyone else received the following error when attempting to retrieve Order Markers with the app:

Quote:
"Confirm Form Resubmission... This webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action this page previously performed. Press Reload to resend that data and display this page."
Robber received this error message in our tournament game, about 1.2 hours into our match and ended up resetting his OMs. I suspect that it had to do with pressing the ENTER key during another operation (or a session timeout), but I wanted to check and see if anyone else experienced the problem.

On a related note, I recommend that you press the corresponding button to perform actions in the app, rather than pressing the ENTER key, which can cause duplicate die rolls via the dice roller, and so forth. The chat window is especially susceptible to this behavior, as pressing the ENTER key could perform your last action (rolling dice, for example).
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Monday Night GoogleScape League
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:44 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Has anyone mentioned 'Taebl' in this thread?

I stumbled across it at BGG...

The guy who made it states that it's a way to play board games on the internet. You can upload images (from the web or your computer - it even will support alpha info in png's) so you could have the map as the 'table' (right click and anchor it so it doesn't move accidently), have all of your cards in front of you (zoomable), roll dice (I'm not sure if you can skin them - but if you make house rules where 1&2 are block and 4,5,6 are skulls then it would work) and then make up little images for the actual pieces on the board and it would work. You can PM the game web address to whoever you are playing against.

I have no idea if it works (as in if other people can get into the game you have set up) though as I've never tried it out with another person.

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by whitestuff; January 10th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old January 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, that looks amazing. I will have to look more into it when I have time. Thanks Whitey.
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:32 PM

A new map:
  1. Negative Zone
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

That one looks really cool! I would love to try playing on it sometime!

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamoguy View Post
Well this is starting up next week: C3G HeroSkype League!, and I think we will be using this map.

There is plenty of time to join if you want to.
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:19 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamoguy View Post
Well this is starting up next week: C3G HeroSkype League!, and I think we will be using this map.

There is plenty of time to join if you want to.
Yes! Week 1 is ending, but you can sign-up at any time! We need more players!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events