Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 7th, 2021, 02:56 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs - RETURN OF THE KING: SCOURING OF THE SHIR

Thank you for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails
I'm impressed by your dedication in making such a comprehensive set of Lord of the Rings customs; I've read the entire trilogy and watched all of Peter Jackson's films, and I didn't remember many of these characters. I'm also interested in learning where you found the sculpts for these units.
The minis used are the Warhammer-style Lord of the Rings collection. They're not great for Heroscape as they require minor assembly and are unpainted. But they do look nice and include most characters from the movies and even some exclusive to the books. The medium figures are also shorter than their Heroscape counterparts, though the hobbits are just about right:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails
Special credit goes to Lord Denethor, as I think that his powers and stats represent such a selfish, traitorous, and self-destructive character in a fun and unique way. If I may raise a thematic issue, though, I don't really know why Steward of Gondor would prevent Gondor's warriors from defending themselves if Denethor were to directly attack them. Thus, I would suggest changing the power's text to say "If Lord Denethor has not attacked a figure your opponent controls during this game, figures your opponent controls who follow Einar cannot target Denethor with any attacks or leaving engagement attacks."
There are some thematic hiccups with the card. The short answer is that there's just not enough space on the Army Card (not everyone can be Master Woo), though I could try to squeeze it in since it makes sense. Fortunately Denethor will more likely than not be using his Abandon Your Posts power instead of attacking as that will do more damage overall, and for more thematic oddness your Soldiers of Gondor can still fend him off with their Spear Wall ability should he try to attack them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Again, these are just amazing!
Any plans for Hobbit stuff down the road?
Maybe but probably not; it'd be much harder to do Hobbit minis since there's more dwarves than there are unique traits to make Army Cards out of. I think I once saw Hobbit customs that turned Thorin's Company into a few unique squads--that seemed like a good approach.

I'd be more likely to make more LotR units that I didn't get around to, like Beregrond or Elrond's sons or Arwen.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards