Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Revdyer's maps for Central Arkansas playing

I got inspired (sort of) to build a map, after the Dallas tourney, that was an enclosure, inspired by the Antonine and Hadrian Walls in Britain.

It is symmetrical, if you're interested.
Old March 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM

naps420 Woo who?
Very nice looking map, I love how the water is done on the ends and the walls on the sides. Also like the ruins placed in the center, would make a great glyph location. So many trees to hide behind
Old March 12th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Really cool map! How many MS, etc? And would you consider offering 50% off to non-flying melee units

~Aldin, who tried to build a sunken road once but didn't have enough pieces

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Very nice Revdyer
I'm got to try that sometime.
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
That is a fine looking map, Rev.
I am also curious about the number of sets used.
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
The cool thing about the map is that you have to go up the border walls and then round and down to get to the center in any kind of efficient time, if you don't fly. It took 3 MS and 3 castles, along with the trees from 5 RttFF's.

The sand hexes are the starting points, of course. And if you choose to fly into the middle, the other person has those tall walls to stand on and (if ranged) shoot down at you.

It may be a bust to play on. I hope to find that out tomorrow night.
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:03 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I hope not, as it looks pretty cool. I think my biggest fear is that you'll end up with nothing but crows sitting on the fence. I can't imagine what would make me take my units off that wall. It might be fun to put the range glyph in the middle and bring the walls in to be ~10 hex across total. That way the person who controls the middle can attack the units waiting on the wall on the other side, but not the other way around. It would probably make the center a highly contested area.
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Nice Map Rev.

Some very thoughtful design elements. I anticipate that this map will be quite fun to play. Thanks for sharing.
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:18 PM

There are two Kelda healing glyphs in the high center, and four other random glyphs of +1 attack, +1 defense, +2 movement, +8 initiative. There is, intentionally, NO RANGE glyph on this map, for obvious reasons.

It will probably not be a good map for double hex figures, nor for roborats.

It is NOT a good tournament map; but is designed to be used drafting teams (or choosing with a previous knowledge of the thing).

Shades and Minions might work really well, and the idea of a whole raft of 4th Mass on those walls is a bit scary. I don't know. We'll see.
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:01 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Quote:
It will probably not be a good map for double hex figures, nor for roborats.
Provided the double-space figures have a move of seven or more (or fly, of course) and a height of four or more, they should have no trouble beyond a little traffic jam climbing to the wall. Let's see, that would be Deathstalkers, Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak, Swog Riders, Theracus (good on both counts), and Tornak. The rats should manage because of their special climbing ability. Double-space figures can also handle the water better, possibly climbing up by the center tree if they are tall enough, or farther back if you don't mind the extra stops in the water.

Very good-looking, by the way. It might be a good demo map with that kind of visual appeal.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:35 AM

cavie Woo who?
Quote:
The cool thing about the map is that you have to go up the border walls and then round and down to get to the center in any kind of efficient time, if you don't fly. It took 3 MS and 3 castles, along with the trees from 5 RttFF's.

The sand hexes are the starting points, of course. And if you choose to fly into the middle, the other person has those tall walls to stand on and (if ranged) shoot down at you.

The 'crawl up the wall' for melee units was the first thing I noticed about the map. This is a neat idea I've not seen implemented in very many maps. I'd love to be able to download this one. It fits the size of map I've been moving toward lately. Nice work!
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

Unfortunately, I didn't enter the map into a program that would allow me to post the plans ('cause there were no plans...just build and tweak as you go). But, the general idea is one that anyone could easily steal (and is more than welcome to, obviously).

I'll let you all know how the game(s) go tonight on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios