Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 23rd, 2016, 02:01 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
If you had to choose only five

I have been away from scape for a long time so I'm a little rusty on what squads and heroes are the best to have. I am down to a single Rise of the Valkyrie master set. I have no hope of recovering all that I have parted with but I was considering ordering a few figures. If you had to pick only five figures/squads/heroes from any Heroscape expansion, what would you pick?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 07:35 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: If you had to choose only five

Okay, I'd say these would be your first priorities:

Knights of Weston - solid, fun squad that makes the Viking Champions more useful. Gilbert usually required to make the most of them, but in an environment without most of the deadliest range, they should still be good.
Blade Gruts/Heavy Gruts - only take one, ideally Blade Gruts in my opinion, if only because the swarm aspect makes them more distinct from the knights. Needed to play Grimnak as he was intended

Then, look at anything that's fun and relatively stand alone - probably stay away from Q9 or the highest ranked common ranged squads (i.e. 4th, Redcoats, possibly avoid Stingers - things like Aubriens, Tagawa Archers or Mohicans should be fine though) - they will make a splash in the metagame and be absolutely dominate, especially if you don't have any of the others to counter them. Personally, I'd consider Cyprien (though he is powerful) and a Kyrie squad high priorities, but I'm not sure what you'd be after.

Then, when you're done, look at VC and whatever other customs you can find.

Good luck.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 23rd, 2016, 11:18 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Warforged
Gladiators
Zombies
Ninjas (with vc Kantono daishi)
Sentinels of jandar.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 23rd, 2016, 12:11 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I was kind of in the same position when I moved to Germany. All of my Scape (a complete collection with multiples of everything) is in the States. So I scraped together two Master Sets on ebay and started looking for big lots of Star Wars Miniatures and jumped with both feet into Heroes of Star Wars Scape.

I haven't regretted it and feel it is an adequate substitute for HeroScape. Yeah, I do miss some of the Classic figures, but they wouldn't fit in with Vader and the Rebels anyways (at least in my mind). So something like that or the SuperHeroScape or PokemonScape or some other project.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 23rd, 2016, 12:37 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

What is VC?
Warforged? Are those customs?
Any suggestions on getting started in Star Wars Scape?

And please keep the suggestions coming.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 02:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

RotV is my favorite classic as there are no common squads.

I would just get Dragons and Sudema.
If you must have some squads, Zombies rule.

For Star Wars scape go to the http://www.heroscapers.com/community...play.php?f=111. They will help you out.

If you have any interest in super heroes, C3G is a great option as there are hundreds of designs and many HeroClix are quite cheap.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 23rd, 2016, 02:25 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
What is VC?
Warforged? Are those customs?
Any suggestions on getting started in Star Wars Scape?

And please keep the suggestions coming.
VC - C3V and SoV - Valhalla Customs - the custom group which took over when Heroscape was discontinued. For Superscape, check out C3G. Also look at the other customs on these forums - there are plenty of great ones. @Scytale , particularly, is worth checking out.
Warforged were some of the later official stuff released - seems you've been out of the loop for a long time.
Star Wars, I can't help you with - I've heard good things about the group, but I've never tried any of their stuff.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Couldn't say no to Nilfheim in that scenario. He's my favorite dragon. I'd probably want to get Arrow Gruts too, just to make Mimring more awesome, and then Krug, because he's my favorite sculpt. Then Knights of Weston for the RotV Vikings and to give a good enemy to the orcs and dragons. That leaves one spot to play with, so I might go with something like Kaemon Awa for diversity (also, another awesome sculpt).

But, yeah, at this point I have more Heroclix (for C3G) than I ever had figures for Heroscape, and the Valhallascape stuff is collecting dust, while the C3G stuff gets continued play. So it is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2016, 09:03 PM

There are a couple of suggestions for Knights of Weston, which are units I have always wanted. But they are also expensive and hard to come by these days. I am considering ordering this set: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkh-cfac04u.html. There are 8 knights and a knight commander included. I was thinking that maybe I could use them as proxies for two squads of Knights of Weston and a Sir Gilbert.

Old April 24th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No shame in proxying at all.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2016, 11:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
There are a couple of suggestions for Knights of Weston, which are units I have always wanted. But they are also expensive and hard to come by these days. I am considering ordering this set: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkh-cfac04u.html. There are 8 knights and a knight commander included. I was thinking that maybe I could use them as proxies for two squads of Knights of Weston and a Sir Gilbert.
Those are actually used for Cathar Spearmen and Count Raymond as their hero from C3V, The wolf figures are also used by C3V, you cant go wrong with those they are quite nice figures, though a bit brittle if dropped. I had been using another set they had on there for knight proxies but it seems they are out of them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 25th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Those are actually used for Cathar Spearmen and Count Raymond as their hero from C3V, The wolf figures are also used by C3V, you cant go wrong with those they are quite nice figures, though a bit brittle if dropped. I had been using another set they had on there for knight proxies but it seems they are out of them.
Yup. Get them, then you can use the cards for Knights of Weston *and* the cards for Cathar Spearmen with them, and the hero could be variously Count Raymond (from the C3V) or Sir Gilbert (the Jandar flagbearer).

As to your question, the advice we used to give here was "See 'Scape, buy 'Scape." See what's available at a price you're willing to pay, and then decide if you want it. My .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion