Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Mohican River Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Unfortunately unless you're playing an exclusively elf army (or general army for that matter), I think these guys really knocked the Aubriens Archers down a few notches in playability.
How so?

For the record, I doubt these guys will withstand Q9. If he's smart(ish) he will get somewhat close before attacking, so you are only looking at like a 20% chance of survival. That sucks. You will keep bringing in more Mr. T's only to have them die before they reach their target. I don't like that matchup at all.
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:16 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that the Aubrien Archers could be a good teamate for the Mohicans. They attack from range while the Mohicans tie up the army. Or, you can use the Archers to draw the enemy in. They both get added move, and the Archers get a boost on their frenzy.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

At this point, the MRT would have done better in Ullar, rather than Acquilla, even thought acquilla really needs the boost. Hopefully some of the unshown figures will help it out.

"The way of War is
A Way of Deception" ~Sun Tzu's Art of War
The guidebook to life...
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:33 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does it really matter what general they are put in?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Unfortunately unless you're playing an exclusively elf army (or general army for that matter), I think these guys really knocked the Aubriens Archers down a few notches in playability.
But you're forgetting the Frenzy advantage of the elves... AND their range 7 versus range 6 of the Mohicans.

I see the two of them in completely different tactical camps.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old May 24th, 2009, 03:31 PM

sixfoot is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I think that the Aubrien Archers could be a good teamate for the Mohicans. They attack from range while the Mohicans tie up the army. Or, you can use the Archers to draw the enemy in. They both get added move, and the Archers get a boost on their frenzy.
I agree even though no one has played with them yet except for the playtesters. Although an army of agents could probably counter that combo.
Old May 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Can we just keep the shallow chatter to other threads so the Books don't get clogged with chit chat.
Bless you, Saint Grungebob. Even though I am scheduled to "clean" the BOOKS threads this summer (soon...soon), I hate cutting out new posts; so keep them on thread. (I won't mind cutting out this post at all.)
Old May 24th, 2009, 04:36 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Question: If the Mr.Ts are on, say, 3-height with a figure 2 lateral spaces away, do the Mr. Ts get +2 to their d20 roll or +5?

In other words, do you count "spaces" laterally or according to the rules of Movement?
Old May 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Question: If the Mr.Ts are on, say, 3-height with a figure 2 lateral spaces away, do the Mr. Ts get +2 to their d20 roll or +5?

In other words, do you count "spaces" laterally or according to the rules of Movement?
It's like counting for range, they get +2 in that situation.
Old May 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:

Really? So if the shooter is on the ground and the Mr Ts are on adjacent spaces that are 4-towers-high, you're telling me they only get plus 1?
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:

Really? So if the shooter is on the ground and the Mr Ts are on adjacent spaces that are 4-towers-high, you're telling me they only get plus 1?
I think it's either +1 or +0. (Do we know how many spaces adjacent counts for?)
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like the way new units massively effect older ones and prevent them from going obselete. I think this unit is (up to now, but probably not after wave 9 comes out, considering the repulsors) the only one specifically designed to make a really good prereleased unit worse. They seem really designed to counter the rats. If you tie them up, they become stronger, and then shooting at them gives them their concealment bonus. Very well done. It also adds to the incredibly fast-moving scout army. With Mittens, Venocs, Armocs, Elite Onyx, Spiders, Brave Arrow, the Mohicans, Theracus, and Sujoah, you've got yourself an army where everyone can move at least 7 spaces (except Brave Arrow on the attack), bonding between the spiders and sujoah, and the Mohicans and Brave Arrow, and Mittens and the Armocs. With Brave Arrow at the front, your spiders and vipers (except armocs) will be rolling an extra die, pushing the spiders from the weak roll of 2 to the reasonable roll of 3, and the vipers from the reasonable roll of 3 to the good roll of 4. This army is designed to run in quick and hit hard. Excellently done!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; May 25th, 2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: I was apparently wrong with my steamroller suggestion, so I deleted that part of my post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units