Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 11th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlestar Galactica

Played BSG with lonewolf and some others this past weekend and I must say, I love this frackin' game! We got 2 complete games in (I was a Cylon in both games). The tension, decision making, bluffing, trying to figure out the other guys' bluffs, etc make this an amazing gaming experience.
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:33 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Played BSG with lonewolf and some others this past weekend and I must say, I love this frackin' game! We got 2 complete games in (I was a Cylon in both games). The tension, decision making, bluffing, trying to figure out the other guys' bluffs, etc make this an amazing gaming experience.
Who was your cylon companion in the second game and did you thwart those lousy humans again?

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Who was your cylon companion in the second game and did you thwart those lousy humans again?
It ended up being Mrs. lonewolf and John (as a sympathyzer). He didn't want to fight for our side, but he eventually got in to it. The toasters one the second game as well. We actually started another game that got restarted/redealt. I was dealt the Cylon card all three times right out of the chute!
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Wow, new rule, first turn, get Cav in the brig!

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old March 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The humans got the short end of the stick in that game. Cav's wife got to look at his loyalty card, but decided not to tell the rest of us that he was a Cylon? She was a human, but didn't tell us?????? Then James, who is new to the game, decides to mix it up a little and throws in some negative skill cards despite being a human. John and I both starting counting cards and looking at the colors and determine that Cav is the Cylon and that James or Cav's wife is also a cylon. I throw James in the Brig and then later John got to look at Cav's wife's loyatly card and determined that she was a human. Both of them were clean, just playing wrong! James pointed out that he got thrown in the Brig just because he was having a little fun and not because he was a cylon. I told him that he got thrown in the Brig for being a little stupid and acting like a Cylon. We were so far behind by that point that we didn't have a chance.

It was a great game. Both games that day were great!
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
The humans got the short end of the stick in that game. Cav's wife got to look at his loyalty card, but decided not to tell the rest of us that he was a Cylon? She was a human, but didn't tell us?????? Then James, who is new to the game, decides to mix it up a little and throws in some negative skill cards despite being a human. John and I both starting counting cards and looking at the colors and determine that Cav is the Cylon and that James or Cav's wife is also a cylon. I throw James in the Brig and then later John got to look at Cav's wife's loyatly card and determined that she was a human. Both of them were clean, just playing wrong! James pointed out that he got thrown in the Brig just because he was having a little fun and not because he was a cylon. I told him that he got thrown in the Brig for being a little stupid and acting like a Cylon. We were so far behind by that point that we didn't have a chance.

It was a great game. Both games that day were great!
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:30 PM

darkmantle has disabled reputation

I have yet to win this game. The 3rd time I played I was finally a cylon. From the beginning, I subtly sabotaged what I could, but one of the guys playing had played I think he said 37 games or something like that. He new how to exploit everything. He intentionally brought one resource barely in the red so it would be 3 on 1 instead of 2 on 2 with the sypathiser. He set it up where they played most skill checks face up. Anyway, I still did pretty good. In hind sight there were 2 different times I could have one if I would have just remembered what actions I could take. I was Helo and I could have changed one of the decisions that would have brought food to 0. And another time if I would have remembered to play my "you are a cylon" card I could have damaged the ship, it needed 1 more damage and it they would have lost. I hate losing due to forgetting stuff like that, but it was still a very close good game.
Old March 17th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Trainer of n00bs

BSG is now mine.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:15 AM
Trainer of n00bs

<Pardon the double post>

Just finished a game with my wife and 10 year old. Once again I was dealt the Cylon card from the start of the game. Humans lost at a distance of 6 with a loss of all morale.
Old March 30th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Finally played my first game of BSG and OMGs, it was such a blast!!!

For those who don’t know much about the game system, it hinges on a couple things:

1. Anyone can be a Cylon. At any time. And they will try and stop you. At any cost.
2. There is an anonymous bidding system to pass skill checks. Cards are played face down and may help or hurt the skill check. There are always 2 random cards in play for a skill check.
3. The best chance the humans have to get home is to figure out who are the frakin’ toasters and throw them in the brig.
4. Cylons may reveal themselves at any time. Once they reveal themselves, they can use Cylon bonuses to stop Galactica.
5. There are many ways to stop the humans but only one way for the humans to win, and that is getting to Kobol.

Those are the basics. There is a lot more, and it may seem daunting at first, but after a few rounds, the group will be moving pretty quick.

------------------------------------------

BSG the battle report.

Burt as Apollo, our ace pilot (and the only one of us who had played BSG before)
BigJim as Helo, our other pilot extraordinaire
Boom as Chief Tyrol, our engineer
Oogie Da Bruce as Admiral Adama, Military Command
SlikkRikk as Gaius Baltar, President

The following takes place on Saturday March 28th, 2009 between the hours of 3:00PM and 7:00PM:

Burt explained the basics and we were on our way. Jim spent the whole first round relaxing at the bar (Helo doesn't come into play until the round two). We asked a bunch of questions and fumbled our way through the first round.

Slowly, as we began to get a better handle on the rules, we began to question everything, and everyone.

“We need this fixed… Right Chief?”
“That the best jump card you could play, Admiral?”
“I’m watching you, you Gods Damned Toaster.”

I’ve been playing games with Boom and BigJim for nearly 5 years now and I’d like to think I could read them. I was pretty sure Boom wasn’t a Cylon and it was too early to tell if Jim was since he didn’t play the first round. I’ve only been playing with Rikk for the past year and was watching him a bit closer. Burt was the wildcard as this was the first time I’ve played with him.

So Boom and I had a feeling about Rikk, that he might be a Cylon, I’m not really sure what he did to deserve the accusation, maybe it was the shifty eyes, maybe it was because he wasn’t drinking beer, who knows, but Boom and I decided to grab our torches and pitchforks and go after the President. We stripped him of his title and threw him in the brig. Boom was the new President. And I was Admiral. I could live with that.

But as the game when on , Rikk repeatedly claimed his innocence (like any good toaster would) and started pointing out some of Burt’s inconsistencies. I got a chance to look at Bert’s loyalty card and he was, in fact, a Cylon. I knew this to be true, but would the rest of the crew believe the Admiral?

They did. And we got the points needed to spring Rikk from the brig and lock up that dirty Cylon, Bert.

“But who’s gonna stop all the raiders that are bearing down?” Burt had put on an early display of piloting and wiped out a squad of raiders on his own.

We lost precious time. We were hurting. We put the wrong guy in the brig. And it was still early in the game.

But once we put Bert in the brig things started going a little better for humans. We began making jumps, beating skill checks and were generally a happy bunch. Till the second round of loyalty cards came out. Any of the remaining humans could be a Cylon, except me. I, at least, knew that. But Who was it?

Burt knew we were on to him and that we weren’t going to let him out of the brig so he outted himself as a Cylon and began using the Cylon recourses to make our lives harder.

As time went on a little more, I began to trust boom again, but couldn’t put a face on Rikk or Jim. I asked them both time an again about where their loyalty lied. Rikk pleaded his case and I heard it. But Jim… Jim didn’t. He just sat back in his chair, drank his beer, and said, “Hey, I’m doing my job.” And that was it. Each turn, each action, each subtle move he made, I was watching. I accused Jim of being a Cylon and he didn’t deny it. “You’ll see.” was all he said.

So Rikk played a card that would let him throw anyone in the brig. He said he thought I was Cylon, Me or Jim. I could have played some cards to stop the arrest, but I said, “Go ahead; prove to me you’re not a Cylon. Make the right choice.”

And he chose me!!! ME!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAT!!!!!! Im no Cylon. That’s it, he was the Cylon and I knew it!!! I had to figure out a way to get out of the brig and take care of that fracker.

Rikk laughed and said that he really wanted to throw Jim in the brig. My heart began to beat again at a normal pace and I laughed. Haa haaa, good one… you got me. At least my suspicions were confirmed… IT WAS JIM!!!

Or was it? While Jim was in the brig, I still had my suspicions that Rikk may have been the Cylon. So I kept up conversations with Jim.

“Give me something, Jim. Anything. Make me believe you’re not a Cylon.”

“You will all pay for what you did.”

That sure as hell didn’t sound like a good response. Maybe we did make the right decision. Well at least we don’t have to worry about who the Cylons are anymore. Let’s just get to Kobol.

We then escaped a Cylon swarm and were only one jump away from victory when Rikk starts to laugh.

“I’m revealing myself as a Cylon! And I was one from the beginning!!!”

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????? From the beginning!!! But you gave up the other Cylon player? Why… How… Crap!!!! Sorry Jim.

AHHHHHGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Boom just shakes his head… I didn’t think it was Jim.

Why didn’t you say something sooner? And Jim, why didn’t you say… say something???

The two Cylons were laughing and plotting. The humans were close to death on almost every scale, but Boom, Jim and I weren’t giving up.

We had a little luck with the cards and move a bit closer home, till the Cylons played a level 23 skill check (very difficult) that would end the game for us. So we threw everything we had at it. Everything. We had no cards left. Was it enough… well…. It was!!!

There were a few other obstacles thrown at us, but somehow we made it. We jumped to safety with next no recourses, moral, and minimal populations, but we did it!!!

What a great game!!! So great in fact, we ended up talking about the game all night and even on the drive home. Can’t wait to play again.

Recent Games Played:

Last edited by Oogie_Da_Bruce; March 30th, 2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old March 30th, 2009, 06:40 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce View Post
Or was it? While Jim was in the brig, I still had my suspicions that Rikk may have been the Cylon. So I kept up conversations with Jim.

“Give me something, Jim. Anything. Make me believe you’re not a Cylon.”

“You will all pay for what you did.”
Hahahahah! What a great report Oog! It was fun reliving that. I made my wife read this so she could understand why I came home so happy that evening!

Just thinking of Jim's "denial" kills me every time.

ps - after much reflection I'm picking this bad boy up for my birthday along with the AT-43 set Boom talked me into.

My Recent Plays:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games