Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 5th, 2009, 05:03 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
DeadEye's Figure Re-paints (Pic Heavy)

I decided to try re-painting some figures that I thought were sort of bland to me. I have seen wonderous work done by many other users here at heroscapers.com and wanted to see if maybe I could someday get that good.

Yet I didn't want to jump overboard. So I just did some detailing on some figures. I started with the Zettian Guards and the Deathwalker 9000

DeathWalker 9000

Zettian Guards

Coments?

DeadEye
Old January 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: DeadEye's Figure Re-paints (Pic Heavy)

Those are good. Bravo!

Boise ID Scaper
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:16 PM

My next figure is a Steelhorns from Descent....
I know its not Heroscape, but I figured since im re-painting, rather painting, it I might as well share it...
it shoud be up by the end of the week hopefully

And thanks Roostertail9000

DeadEye
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:34 PM

Well I just finished Steelhorns
I really do like how he turned out. he looks alot better in color than in gray.
Steelhorns is only 1.5 inches tall! and I used toothpicks to paint him.....

Front

Little Closer

Back

Left Side

Right Side

Comments strongly advised!

DeadEye

Last edited by DeadEye; January 9th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:36 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Um... I can only see one picture.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool!
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM

sorry I was working on it and checking....
You just looked at them before they were all up...

Oh two more things i want to add.....

Steelhorns is 1.5 inches high.....
and I did all the paiting with toothpicks

DeadEye
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:38 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow that's very impressive Deadeye. I don't think I would have the patience to use a toothpick. +rep for ya!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old January 10th, 2009, 06:48 PM

With the purchase of the third Marvel set between my brother and I, I saw I had an extra set of characters (one for my brother and I)
I had also been wanting to play with the Obsidian Guards.....
So I began coming up with my own Moltarn Hero. I decided to use Abominations sculpt since he looks the closest to any Moltarn, rather than cutting them up and making one from scratch....So Here is _______. I just need a name for him

Abomination

Meets some Obsidian Guards

Now he's _____

Now for pictures....

Front

Back

Right Side

Left Side

With his Moltarn buddies

My ideas for his powers are that he has bonding with the Obsidian Guards.
Moltarn Bonding
Any Moltarn you control that is on a Lava Terrain or Molten Lava terrain may take a turn before _____.
Advanced Lava Resistance
____ is not affected by Lava terrain or Molten Lava, and may pass through Molten Lava without stopping. ______ receives an extra attack and defense while in Molten Lava.
Lava Walk
A variation of the Drudges Swamp water movement, just with Molten Lava

What do you guys think?

DeadEye
Old January 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool!
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:52 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

If you can do this with a toothpick then go out, buy a 0/00 brush and really surprise yourself (and us). A toothpick has a fine tip, but won't hold paint so it's very difficult to get a decent stroke.
(I do know some people who use a toothpick to 'paint' the pupil in eyes though.)
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

The detail work is nice, but it all looks a little sterile. I don't know if it was just lost in the picture, but there isn't a lot of the more subtle detail. You're hitting all the sculpt details, maybe start creating some details, like highlights and shadows. I can't think of who posted it, but there is a Tarn repaint with a red cape and the lighting effect of on the cape is entirely with paint. I think that would really take this from "nice" and "good" to "amazing".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions