Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM

Phantomslayer is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Mad Titan V - Madison, WI - Nov 16th

I also have this map which my friends and i always use in tournaments, it even has a 16 space starting zone http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1605
Old November 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

I think we should be alright for maps with what is on the first post, but feel free to bring one if you would like because I'd rather have too many than not enough. I've got 8 things for the prize table, which gives 13 items with the ones EternalThanos listed. So hopefully enough people will bring something so everyone walks away with something!

We are friends, ouch.
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:13 PM

Phantomslayer is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have a opened pack of soulborgs i can bring for prizes, and possibly a wave 9 hero pack (if i can find all the figs)
Old November 16th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How did it go? How did it go? I"m going nuts waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old November 16th, 2013, 10:49 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

I think it went great.

There was one questionable map used, but other than that I had a really good time.

Everyone was nice and polite, I went 3-2 with Azi (technically 2-2 and 1-0 with someone else's army, but whatever), and I got the opportunity to pick up the Pathfinder Heroes starter set for C3V. Looking forward to next year.

Battle Reports-

Me- x3 Armoc Vipers, Azurite Warlord, Venoc Warlord, Theracus

Round 1- Heat of Battle vs. I'mnotsurewhobuthewasolderandcamewithvegieIthink? (x3 Arrow Gruts, x5 Swog Riders, Grigor & Rogirg, Realin v1) on a really weird lava map.

I foolishly placed Azi first and center in my attempts to box out the two glyphs on the map (Wannok, Attack +1). In the end, I started around the outsides of the board, while the Gruts sat on the center hill. I did get both glyphs, but Azi was quickly cut down by Grigor & Rogirg and things went downhill after that. I lost the attack glyph, and those Arrow Gruts on center height + Swog Riders really picked me apart.

0-1

Round 2- Assassins Creed vs. Not on Heroscapers (x3 10th Reg., Marcus, Sgt. Drake v1, Iskra) on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh.

He choose an Armoc, I a redcoat. I started with a Azi + Theracus bomb to the far glyph, which turned out to be a dud I believe. Still, Azi was in prime position to hit my opponent's start zone, which I did. Azi got torn apart by WTF, but he kept most of the redcoats from leaving their start zone. Meanwhile, Armocs claimed the Attack +1 glyph (which was critical) and engaged Iskra + 10th on the other end of the map. Eventually the Venoc Warlord was able to sneak up through the battle and assassinate the mark through the startzone path cut by Azi.

1-1

Round 3- Rejected by Death vs. Yodaking (Greyspears, Darkclaws, Swiftfangs, Quickblades, Heirloom) on Bad Moon Rising.

I quickly gained the glyphs again, but this time they were both duds (Pit Trap + Brandar). Yoda managed to tie down my Vipers pretty early outside his start zone, and while being overly aggressive with my Armocs I opened up Azi for a height flanking via Quickblade leaping. They and the Greyspears really destroyed, and like my first battle, this one felt like a slaughter. The special scenario rules didn't even matter.

1-2

Round 4- Kill 'em All vs. Not on Heroscapers? (x3 Repulsors, x2 Snipers, Omegacron) on Sidewinder.
I pulled a Theracus bomb again, but this time sent an Armoc to sit on the uncovered glyph (Wannok). Azi + Armocs moved up behind a ruin and claimed the attack glyph while the Omnicrons took the center and took potshots at Theracus. This is where Azi really shone. While advancing with his army my opponent had left a gap in his forces which led straight to Omegacron, and that's what I drove into with my Vipers. Once Omega went down, picking off the leaderless squaddies wasn't too hard. Azi took 7 wounds, but I don't think I actually took any losses. Vipers love their attack glyphs it seems.

2-2

Round Five- Reverse the Whip vs. Therion? (x3 Minions, Raelin v1, Atlaga) on that weird map again.
Turns out the central hill on this map is closer to one start zone than the other. I got the good side. Minions + Raelin + height = OP. For the first rounds I gathered on the hill and the Vipers bunched up 2 spaces away and claimed Wannok. I was forced to charge down from my hill, and the extremely congested melee which followed was the rest of the game. Those 8-defence Minions eventually won the game for me, but along the way there were a few Deathwalker rolls, and a few good attacks from Azi. Atlaga sat in the statzone and was killed by Wannok.

3-2

BTW, it seems someone accidentally took my prize during the chaos of packing up. It was a Soulborgs and Elves booster pack (Ashras + Reavers). PM me please.

Last edited by Hive Lord 1233; November 17th, 2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:51 PM

Krusni is surprisingly tart

Final Standings

1. Unseen Shadow(EJ)
2. Infectedsloth(Nathan)
3. Queen Mojo(Cole)
4. Vegietarian18(Tanner)
5. Krusni(John)
6. Hive Lord 1233(Tim)
7. Jason
8. Phantomslayer(Rowan)
9. The Bearded One(Chris)
10. Zach
11. Katie
12. Yodaking(Tom)
13. Therion(Ben)
14. I.S.B.3(Matthew)
15. Betawolf36(Cody)
16. Spartanops99(Hunter)

Go Team Venture!

Last edited by Krusni; November 16th, 2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Added some spaces after the #
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:06 AM

Krusni is surprisingly tart

I had a great time, thank you all for showing up and thanks to all of you who played against my girlfriend and helped her out! She really appreciated it and thoroughly enjoyed her first tournament!

Go Team Venture!
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I had a great time. Thanks ET86 for organizing and Krusni and Queenmojo for stepping up and hosting.

I ran Marrden Hounds x4 and Nicholas Esenwein. Since I didn't know what the format was going to be I just went with something fun that I hadn't done before.

Game 1 vs. opponent not on HSers (Stingers x2, Krav, Spider Man, Wyvern, Isamu, Otonashi) on Bad Moon Rising

The first round was Heat of the Battle. The Hounds are killer in this format and this game was not an exception. I was able to get a ton of Plagues, not really worry about Pack Movement turning on me. Spider Man put up quite a fight, holding the highest point on the board to survive countless attacks and plagues, but I eventually got him down.

1-0

Game 2 vs. UnseenShadowz (Heavies x3, Nerak, Grimnak, Kaemon) on Quasatch Playground

This round was Assassin's Creed with a twist: squad figures could be targeted too. I picked one of his Heavies and he picked one of my Hounds. I was worried about Kaemon getting a shot on that Hound and killing it, but I figured I could prevent it if and when Kaemon came out. Luckily, he never got the chance. US misunderstood Overextend a bit which let Nicholas Esenwein get a shot on my targeted Heavy on the final turn of round one, and I got the kill.

2-0

Game 3 vs. Queenmojo (Minions x3, Atlaga, Repulsors x2) on a really strange board that was really bad for double spaced figures

This format was interesting; once all of your figures died, you got to revive one single figure worth less than 120 points. The board we played really defined the game. It was four huge separate islands, two of which were start zones, connected by four bridges, which met in the middle of the board in a big hill. But in between the islands was lava, so you could fire shots across the gap and fly across it. The Minions completely controlled the board, and Queenmojo took advantage of the countless places where double spaces figures had trouble and I was very limited in my attacks. Still, the Hounds are good against Minions, so I won that fight with about four Hounds left. I cleaned up the Repulsors and went for Atlaga, but Atlaga got to revive, and his second life was enough to finish off the Hounds.

This was one format that I think could have been adjusted a bit to allowing the rebirth of a full squad; there is a big difference between reviving a single Hound and reviving Atlaga, and it was kind of luck which type of revival players got.

2-1

Game 4 vs. ISB3 (Mezzos x4, Morgoloth, Marro Gnids x2) on Valor's Vale

This format was just a kill 'em all. ISB3 and I have played close games a lot of times now, and this match was not an exception. Hounds are good against Mezzos, but Poison Cloud should allow the Mezzos to get lots of kills despite the heavy casualties they will take to Plague. I probably rolled above average shields this game, defending quite a few two skull and even a few three skull rolls with five or six defense dice, and I got the ones I needed most. The Hounds and Mezzos basically came out even, but the Mezzos lost OMs when they went down, which allowed the last few Hounds to get a lot of mileage. They killed four Gnids and got four wounds on Morgoloth. I sent out Nicky, but held him back on OM2, hoping that I could rush on OM3 and maybe get an init switch. But ISB3 surprised me with an extremely well-placed OM on the Gnids, and he ran two at Nick and used two to protect Morgoloth, hiding in the corner of the board. His two attacks got three wounds, so the Gnids clung, and suddenly Nicholas was 2 defense, 2 life, five move, and I was in a lot of trouble. The round ended, and ISB3 had all OMs on Morgoloth to make me know he would be able to retaliate if I came for him. I was content to wait things out. I went in at the end of the round, since I knew the only shot I had to win with a 2 defense Nicky was through an init switch. I got the kill on the Gnid screening for Morgoloth, and then overextended to get a wound on the demon himself. The game hung in initiative, and I got it. Morgoloth blocked the first attack, but the second one went through.

3-1

Game 5 vs. Yodaking (Greyspears, Darkclaws, Swiftfangs, Quickblades, Heirloom) on Sidewinder

This round was Reverse the Whip, so I got to play the Varkanaan Wolf Pack, one of my favorite armies. Yoda led out with Nicholas, who killed a Darkclaw, Swiftfang and Greyspear before going down. The Hounds didn't do too well for him though; they got two dud glyphs, rolled terrible defense, and couldn't get attacks off as the Greyspears hit them across the river. I used the other Wolves as plague fodder to keep getting height attacks, and it worked fairly well. I lost the other wolves, but the ones I thought were most important in this matchup stayed alive long enough to win it for me.

4-1

Last edited by vegietarian18; November 17th, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:18 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

spartanops, my bro, and I had fun. Close first few turns with Vegie's Dad (at least I'm pretty sure that's who it was). And then Q9 jumped into the lava thanks to Krusni's Doctor Doom. Either way I'm happy. It was my first tourney. Thanks to all who helped put this together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events