Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old April 21st, 2022, 04:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: ScapeCon II Map Contest: Deadline May 7th

So myself and a few others have been doing some digging through the castle rules, and there's one ruling in particular that is really weird and has really bad implications.

First, a few reminders:

1. No floating ladders. The ladder must meet the landing space and the top space.

2. The top of the ladder (not the pegs) must be flush with, or 1 level higher than, the top space. It cannot be a level lower.

3. The landing space must have height (IE it cannot be water, swamp water, molten lava, or shadow).

4. Each landing space can only have 1 ladder.

Now for the ruling. Page 6 of the FAQ states: "Note, small and medium single-space figures must use the ladder if it is there."

I'm ruling for ScapeCon that this only applies when moving up. Small and medium figures can skip the ladder when moving down.

Last edited by OEAO; April 21st, 2022 at 08:54 PM.
Old April 21st, 2022, 09:36 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
2. The top of the ladder (not the pegs) must be flush with, or 1 level higher than, the top space. It cannot be a level lower.
My brain is off today. I understand "pegs" to refer to the vertical 'poles' of the ladder, and assume that "top of the ladder" must therefore refer to the horizontal cross-parts. But am wondering if I'm reversing things.... Clarification appreciated.
Old April 21st, 2022, 09:43 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
My brain is off today. I understand "pegs" to refer to the vertical 'poles' of the ladder, and assume that "top of the ladder" must therefore refer to the horizontal cross-parts. But am wondering if I'm reversing things.... Clarification appreciated.
Absolutely correct! I didn’t know how to phrase it… the rule book does a good job displaying it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games