Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 29th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Granite-M's Customs

Was feeling inspired by the Watchmen movie, so I decided to make a set:

Watchmen Customs:
Spoiler Alert!

Finally finished my paintjobs, too! W00t!

Linky to DA.

Of course all of these figures require cutting, grinding, and repainting, to various degrees. Shaving all the extra bits off of the Dreadnought with a Dremel, although time consuming, was actually somewhat fun. For Dr. Manhattan, Nite Owl, and Silk Spectre, I cribbed off of this guy's cool Heroclix customs.

================================================

Just finished some Star Wars customs. With the characters that appeared in it, I tried to incorporate some of the SW: Epic Duels dynamic into what I designed.

Another of the dynamic I was trying to work in was a parallel generals system, something that was specific to Star Wars, but still synched up with the existing HS generals. Here's my setup:

Imperial = Utgar
Old Republic = Jandar
Rebellion = Ullar
Separatist = Einar
Fringe = Vydar
Outworlder = Aquila

As such, for any special powers, whenever a general is listed, you can have any powers from these cards also affect classic HS generals' characters, and vice versa. Isamu can be effective at assasinating Old Republic units, and the Emperor can improve the rolls of the Marro.

Not that it isn't obvious, but I just wanted to send thanks to GreyOwl for making such unbelievably awesome blanks to work with.

Old Republic / Jandar:

Spoiler Alert!

=====================================

Imperial / Utgar:

Spoiler Alert!

Separatist / Einar:

Spoiler Alert!

Rebellion / Ullar:

Spoiler Alert!

Fringe / Vydar:

Spoiler Alert!

Edit on Dec. 22, 2008: Edited links, reorganized, and added Gamorrean and Royal guards.

Edit on Apr. 7, 2009: Added Watchmen customs.

Edit on Jun. 1, 2009: Updated The Comedian

Edit on Jun. 5, 2009: Added Grand Admiral Thrawn, updates to Qui-Gon, Old Ben Kenobi, Farm Boy Luke, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Greedo, and Darth Vader.

Edit on Jun. 30, 2009: Added newer version of Emperor Palpatine.

Edit on Dec. 11, 2009: Added Watchmen repaints image and spoiler tags to control images. Added links to original (unpainted) Watchmen Heroclix figures.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers

Last edited by Granite-M; December 11th, 2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added links to original (unpainted) Watchmen Heroclix figures.
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:22 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
I like them....Great job,

I love Star Wars Customs!!!!
Old March 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Jar Jar's a pretty amusing card. I'm intrigued enough by the concept of negative point cards that I might actually draft him, despite my loathing for the movie character. He would pay for Isamu all by hisself....

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Semian2 has disabled reputation
I love the Jar-Jar card! that is really funny! Makes you wanna go: or: or:

I love the other ones too. Really great! How you sorta paralleled the Generals is cool too.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:34 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semian2
I love the Jar-Jar card! that is really funny! Makes you wanna go: or: or:

I love the other ones too. Really great! How you sorta paralleled the Generals is cool too.
Yeah... wanted to figure out a way you could have a character as awful as that around without... you know... wanting him around per se.

So now you just want him to die. Die and die and die...

Old March 27th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Adding some more to the pile...

EDIT: Moved to first post.

Old March 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM

Teka555 has disabled reputation
Nice Star Wars Customs
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM

Added Bossk, Count Dooku, Jedi Luke Skywalker, and Mace Windu.

Old June 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Granite-M's Customs

The Jedi should all have counterstrike, since they are basicaly samurai. Cool cards though.
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
The Jedi should all have counterstrike, since they are basicaly samurai. Cool cards though.
A fair point, but it basically comes down to a simple decision-- should we have a particular power that all Jedi would have, like the samurai, or do we try to make each Jedi a more individualized character? I think both sides have merit, but I prefered to give each of them more unique powers. The d20 roll for Force powers, combined with the boosts from the Emperor and Yoda, was an attempt to give the Jedi and Sith some Su-Bak-Na style "overlord" cohesion.

Old June 25th, 2008, 05:31 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Nice cards.

You mention trying to incorporate a "SW: Epic Duels dynamic"... Have you seen NecroBlade's SW customs? He approached the Force Specials by giving jedi and sith "Force Points" that they could use for various force powers.

I like the idea of a Force indicator on the bottom of the card similar to Super Strength for the Marvel figs.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM

Edit: Changed links and added Gamorrean and Royal Guards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards