Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old November 15th, 2007, 08:28 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
I just saw some sort of Rock Band show on MTV. Two bands played a song and the winner won some prize. Sebastion Bach and two others judged. It looked like GH with drums and a singer, which is cool I guess.
Yes, it looks freakin' awesome. Rockband looks the the best party/solo non-RPG to be out for awhile. For me it seems to be the greatest game for someone in my kind of situation with three friends that are overly excited for it and each have a specific skill, I for one am an expert at Guitar Hero as is another of my friends, one is a master of Kareoke Revolution, and another that plays drums in a band. I can't wait! ......until next year
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:23 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
last i checked, PS2 RockBand is a rumor. I'm going to try and check again tomorrow, but as far as i know, none of my local game shops know anything about a PS2 release. Until i hear/see it confirmed or in an ad (be it online or in the paper, or even in-store), PS2 Rockband is just a hoax, which seems to have everyone but myself fooled.

Don't believe everything Wikipedia tells you.

BTW: I played it today (drums). Sweetness. Drums = very difficult, even on medium.
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
last i checked, PS2 RockBand is a rumor. I'm going to try and check again tomorrow, but as far as i know, none of my local game shops know anything about a PS2 release. Until i hear/see it confirmed or in an ad (be it online or in the paper, or even in-store), PS2 Rockband is just a hoax, which seems to have everyone but myself fooled.

You just took my reason to live away.
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:49 PM
has been BANNED

I'm sorry. Now you'll know to seek confirmation from more reliable resources. For all you know, I could be lying about not being sure about RB for PS2.

EDIT: did a little more looking around, and check out what i found:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281841

I believe this is confirmation enough.
Old November 16th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
Anyone else think Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" would make a good Rock Band song?
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:08 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Picked up my bundle today. What a mother of a box.... going to be hard pressed to hide the thing for a month.

Sad thing is the spare guitars don't come out till january... oh, well, xmas cash will pay for that.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
I got it yesterday morning but I was immediately struck down with a flu and haven't been able to play much. Cruel rock gods.
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
I got it yesterday morning but I was immediately struck down with a flu and haven't been able to play much. Cruel rock gods.
How is the guitar compared to Guitar Hero? What about the drums?
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
has been BANNED

The guitar has 5 frets, same as Guitar Hero, plus another five frets, lower down the neck and smaller meant for solos. I haven't really messed with the guitar yet, but i know the strum bar doesn't move as much as the Guitar hero guitars do, and apparently, there's numerous switches to change the tuning of it, much like the pick-up switch and volume/tone knobs on a real guitar.

The drums are pretty cool too. 4 pads, each indicated with a different color ring around the outer edge, and you activate it by striking it with the drumsticks it comes with.

And apparently, the bundle pack only includes one guitar .
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:32 PM

I know about the stuff, but what I'm wondering is how gameplay feels, the guitar specifically looks like something to get used to if you're accustomed to GH.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:30 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
I found it easier to use than the guitar hero guitars. There is no gap between the buttons, and it feels more fluid to move around on them. I still haven't gotten the hang of the solo buttons yet. There's a learning curve, since they are smaller.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:02 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
played for awhile at a friend's house on Wednesday. Yes, the guitar sections play basically the same bit the colored tabs on the track are little rectangles which are much less forgiving than GH's circular versions. The drums are similarly difficult and unmerciful (appropriate, given that the drummer controls the rhythm of the song, he can't be even a little off). The vocal section is very forgiving and intuitive; a little arrow along the line indicates if youre singing too high or low.

The freestyle sections add a neat twist, especially for the vocals and drums. Your starpower guage can be refilled as it's draining. Each of your characters is fully customizable. But most imporantly it's very fun to play with a full band.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games