Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Started watching the new live action Attack On Titan movie last night, that movie is really freaky. Characters are pretty rough, but the CGI is really good, the Titans are terrifying.
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:22 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Started watching the new live action Attack On Titan movie last night, that movie is really freaky. Characters are pretty rough, but the CGI is really good, the Titans are terrifying.
Subtitles or dubbed into English?
Old September 12th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Subtitles or dubbed into English?
Subtitled. I don't like dubs on a live action movie, the mouth movement drives me insane.
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I even kind of like subtitles on English language movies so I can catch all the dialogue that's drowned out by the sound effects and soundtrack. Dubbing is just annoying, though, and takes me out of films.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I've come to the point that I tend to prefer anime dubbed. Some of the standard Japanese voices are irritating to me. The one that immediately comes to mind is the almost ubiquitous young girl that is most likely voiced by an adult woman with a squeaky high pitched voice.
Old September 13th, 2015, 01:31 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Just got back from Straight Outta Compton. It reignited my love of early 90's rap.
Old September 13th, 2015, 03:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Agent Minivan,

I agree, not because of the sound of Japanese, but for meaning. Mostly because the dubbing is now a much better translation than it used to be. When they show anime first in subtitling and later in dubbing on The Anime Channel (currently Girls Und Panzer, for example), I catch nuances in the dubbing that was not present in the subs such as jokes, colloquial expressions, etc.

For live action I often prefer subtitling, but then you can't listen while you're painting figures!
Old September 13th, 2015, 03:01 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On some foreign films I can handle subtitles but on others I really prefer to just be able to hear the dialog instead of read it. When their is a lot of cool stuff happening on the screen, I want to actually view it all rather then read the story and miss some of the visual component. If the lips are out of sync, it doesn't bother me too much as I'm not usually looking at the characters lips anyway. I guess it all depends on the director and script. Bats is right though on some English language films needing sub titles to make out what all is being said. The going overboard on sound effects is definitely a problem with some directors/producers.
Old September 13th, 2015, 02:20 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Finally saw Age of Ultron last night. Then of course had to follow up the the How It Should Have Ended parts 1 and 2.

It was good but not great. I think it might have been too much action as it seemed like one continuous battle. Also...

Spoiler Alert!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 13th, 2015, 05:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Finally saw Age of Ultron last night. Then of course had to follow up the the How It Should Have Ended parts 1 and 2.

It was good but not great. I think it might have been too much action as it seemed like one continuous battle. Also...

Spoiler Alert!
I really like how Vision was done in that movie, he was one of my favorite parts of the film. I liked watching him during the battle scenes, he saves Wanda, he picks up the Hammer, they even tied in the MCU's version of the Infinity gems into his story quite well.
Old September 13th, 2015, 06:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

Spoiler Alert!
I really like how Vision was done in that movie, he was one of my favorite parts of the film. I liked watching him during the battle scenes, he saves Wanda, he picks up the Hammer, they even tied in the MCU's version of the Infinity gems into his story quite well.
liked all this...especially how the tied in the infinity gems.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:30 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I thought the conversation between Vision and Ultron was one of the high points of the movie. How many people get that Ultron's comment "They are doomed." refers to our mortality, I wonder?

Another problem with anime subtitles is when there is both a regular sub and one of those colored secondary subs on top that explains something about Japanese culture or expressions, you can't possible read them both unless you own the DVD and can rewind (let along notice what is going on visually in action while you're trying to read them both).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies