Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 27th, 2009, 12:17 AM

Rusicade Woo who?
Wave 5 Unique Packs Gathering Dust in Wal-Marts?

I've heard a lot about waltzing into most Wal-Marts and picking up one of the packs with the Nakitas and Gladiator heroes, but I've yet to come across any. (I'm currently in the States, so no, I've not made the mistake of trying to find them in a Canadian Wal-Mart :P)

Anyway, it would be a major help if someone could tell me of a Wal-Mart in the vicinity of the following cities that you're fairly certain would have this pack;

-Lexington/Louisville
-Charleston, WV
-Harrisburg/Hershey
-Philadelphia/Trenton, NJ
-NYC outskirts (excl. Long Island)
-New Haven/Hartford
-Providence
-Danvers/Boston
-Portsmouth, NH
-Portland/Augusta/Bangor

I very much appreciate any help

(On a sidenote.. is this even the correct forum to post this in? )
Old August 27th, 2009, 12:32 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wave 5 Unique Packs Gathering Dust in Wal-Marts?

I PM'd you about this.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old August 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

PS. For future reference, it should probably go under Heroscape News - Sightings and Sales. You'll probably get a quicker response.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:02 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Rusicade, I am one of the waltzers.

If Arcus isn't able to sqaure you away, PM me; I know of a Walmart here in the Dallas area that still has a couple on the shelf. I'd be happy to help you out.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 27th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I have a couple in hand for trade FYI.

-insert signature here-
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

By the sounds of it, he's probably looking to buy it himself, so as to avoid having anyone foot the extra cost of shipping to Canada.
As a fellow Halagonian, I know the pains of trying to buy Scape in Halifax, 90% of my collection came from online.

I haven't seen any Wave 5, common or Unique, in Halifax since I began collecting Scape.
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM

Rusicade Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
By the sounds of it, he's probably looking to buy it himself, so as to avoid having anyone foot the extra cost of shipping to Canada.
As a fellow Halagonian, I know the pains of trying to buy Scape in Halifax, 90% of my collection came from online.

I haven't seen any Wave 5, common or Unique, in Halifax since I began collecting Scape.
Yep, that's exactly it, unfortunately. Have you even seen Wave 1 or Wave 9 in stock yet?

I very much appreciate the offers for trades, nonetheless. But don't worry about a fellow 'Scaper missing out; Arcus was a great help.

But hey, if anyone has sightings of anything from Wave 2-6 around those cities (sans KY, WV, and PA), I would definitely love to hear about that, too.
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I was lucky enough to stumble across a Glads and Agents a while back. Ninjas and Samurai will be what I'm missing because of Special Wave 10.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I was lucky enough to stumble across a Glads and Agents a while back. Ninjas and Samurai will be what I'm missing because of Special Wave 10.
How is it that Glads/Agents is so easy to find and Ninjas/Samurai is so fairly difficult?

I was at a Walmart out of town and 2 Glads/Agents where there- this was when we new a common Glad squad coming- so I picked one up. Once before than and once since I've seen a similiar site, but I have yet to see a Ninjas/Samurai pack with or without Glads/Agents.
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusicade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post

Yep, that's exactly it, unfortunately. Have you even seen Wave 1 or Wave 9 in stock yet?

I very much appreciate the offers for trades, nonetheless. But don't worry about a fellow 'Scaper missing out; Arcus was a great help.

But hey, if anyone has sightings of anything from Wave 2-6 around those cities (sans KY, WV, and PA), I would definitely love to hear about that, too.

Immediately after the switch over to WOTC, a store in Halifax called Odyssey 2000 started carrying scape. I got most of my Wave 8 from them, but they sadly closed their doors forever.

A newer store, Quantum Frontier, stocks Wave 1, but sells it at a ridiculous $18.99 a pack. I've heard rumours that the store is not doing well and may close, but at those prices, I am not surprised.

Toys R Us was good to find Scape at until recently, but I think that was due to them emptying their warehouses as fast as possible, and lately, it has been pretty dry for Scape.

Like I said, I got most of mine online. The shipping doesn't seem so bad if you order in large amounts. (Ok, its still bad, but some online stores are better than others.)
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:26 AM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
Quote:
How is it that Glads/Agents is so easy to find and Ninjas/Samurai is so fairly difficult?

I was at a Walmart out of town and 2 Glads/Agents where there- this was when we new a common Glad squad coming- so I picked one up. Once before than and once since I've seen a similiar site, but I have yet to see a Ninjas/Samurai pack with or without Glads/Agents.
Simple - for casual players (or non-players who just like the figures), the Ninja's and Samurai have a much higher "cool" factor than Charlie's Angels in white spandex.
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
Quote:

We came to the conclusion that it's the off-the-shelf appeal. A kid walkingby with his mom won't say "Mommy, get me these shirtless guys and girls!" They will say, "Mommy! NINJAS!!!"

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion