Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscapers Secret Santa 2010

Several people have - very kindly and in the nicest possible way - inquired about the participation gifts I’d promised. To those of you I did not answer directly, let this post serve as my response:

Yes, the gifts are still coming. I made a promise, and I will make good on that.

I was reminded this past weekend at the DFW Team Tourney just how awesome the Heroscapers community is. I have made some excellent friendships because of this game and its site, and I owe this community for a lot of good times.

I didn’t consider the time investment this part of the Secret Santa event would take when I made the promise, and so I was overwhelmed when it all hit home. But that’s not a real excuse. I have a responsibility to stand by my word and do right by everyone who participated.

Were the weeks leading up to Christmas busy? Yes, very. The weeks after? Maybe some, but less so. Have the last three months been just so unbelievably busy and conflicted that I haven’t had ANY time to work on this? Nah, that’s just not the case. I have had the time, and I have made the choice to ignore this project in favor of other indulgences, and in doing so have ignored the people who put in their own time and energy into making this a great holiday tradition.

I could go into all SORTS of long-winded violin-inspiring anecdotes detailing why I haven’t gotten to it yet. But when you boil it all down, I have no excuse at this point, except to say that I have procrastinated and not given this the attention it deserves.

But all that changes today. Production has started and I promise I WILL get these to each and every participant.

Thanks for your continued patience to everyone involved. I’ll keep you all posted on my progress!

Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:45 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

I had forgotten about those gifts, hmm, I wonder what mine is...

Edit: also, like 'scaper said, no rush. We can wait.

Last edited by dart48; March 23rd, 2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:10 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No rush, CL. We've waited this long - a few more weeks won't hurt. Thanks for being honest with us!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:23 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any update?

Old April 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Scaper, is it really that big a deal? Cheddar will get to it when he gets to it.

-insert signature here-
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Any update?
Maybe you should read the post immediately before yours (#327).

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; April 10th, 2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Forgot the word "before."
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Scaper, is it really that big a deal? Cheddar will get to it when he gets to it.
I was just wondering....

Old April 11th, 2011, 11:50 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It’s okay, I don’t mind people asking for updates. I’m mostly just glad folks are still interested in the whole thing, period.

I’m sure some people are wondering “What IS the hold up, anyway?”. If I were simply buying gifts, I’d have been done months ago. The reason it’s taking a while is because the process involves some...fabrication, shall we say. It’s that part that is taking me longer than expected and contributed to my being overwhelmed (and ultimately procrastinating).

But, as an update goes, I can tell you that I have secured the supplies I need for about 85% of the project, and have a good source for the rest. I've completed about 10% of the production itself. I still think I’ll wait until all gifts are available before sending them out, though.

Thanks for your continued patience!

Old April 12th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I kind of like it this way better than if it had arrived around the same time as the Secret Santa gift.

Now I have random present surprising me at a random time.

Random joy is always a good thing.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old June 11th, 2011, 07:54 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Making sure this ball is still rolling, right Cheddar?
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:51 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post

Making sure this ball is still rolling, right Cheddar?
again.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dude, let it go.

CL is a busy guy and the more you guys pester and pressure him about this, the more likely he is to not want to do this again next year.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; June 28th, 2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Of course, there's always Christmas in July

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online