Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 31st, 2023, 03:20 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Bay Area Brawl 2023

Correct me if I"m wrong @cmgames, but @Robotech Master , I believe it's like this:

Pretourney: Player A brings 2 armies, puts them in a pool with all the armues everyone brought, picks any army from the pool

Round 1: Player A plays the army they selected against Player B. After the match they swap armies with each other.

Round 2: Player A play their new army against Player C. After the match they swap armies with each other.

Round 3: Player A plays their new army against Player D. After the round all armies are returned to the person who brought them. Player A selects one of the two armies they brought to the tourney to play in round 4.

Round 4: Player A plays their new army against Player E. After the match they swap armies with each other.

Round 5: Player A plays their new army against Player F.

So in the last 2 rounds you will be playing with then against an army you brought, so keep that in mind with planning power level (unless you're excited to face Q9/Raelin/Rats in the final).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 31st, 2023, 05:35 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Almost exactly right, Killo. With the codicil that, if we do not have enough time, there will not be a Round 5.

But in Round 5 you will not be playing against an army you brought because the player with that army (the person you played in Round 4) is playing someone else.

However, in all rounds except Rounds 4 & 5, you might be facing one of your own armies.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 31st, 2023, 05:40 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
@cmgames swap armies with your opponent, or swap out for one in the communal pool?
In each swap, it is with your opponent. Swap the army you just played with the army you just played against.

~Z

Since it describes round 2 and 3 as both being played with the swapped armies, does this mean you only get paired with two opponents the entire day and playing them repeatedly? Or does it mean I play round one against a person, swap armies with them, *then* play a different person, keep that army going into the third round against another person, etc.
In a Swiss-style Tournament, if there are enough players, you will never play twice against the same opponent if it can be avoided.

~Z

My map thread
Old October 31st, 2023, 06:22 PM

nextguy knows what's in an order marker nextguy knows what's in an order marker

Count me in; sounds like a fun day! I also have a friend who will join.
Old October 31st, 2023, 07:23 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I can hear Killo Jr. in the other room going through the map pool. So far you're batting 1.000 on approval.

Old October 31st, 2023, 07:32 PM

Drow Chainfighter and Wyvern both really like Stygian Rift.

~Z

My map thread
Old November 20th, 2023, 01:11 PM

nextguy knows what's in an order marker nextguy knows what's in an order marker

Coming up soon! Looking forward to this.

Also, glad to see Mitonsoul taken out of the glyph pool. In playing recently, that glyph has had way too much impact on games haha.
Old November 30th, 2023, 05:50 PM

Still looking for volunteers to bring a map.

Check the OP for the Maps List. If you can provide either of the un-claimed maps (or one of the maps I have said I can provide), please let me know.

Thanks,
~Z

My map thread
Old December 3rd, 2023, 12:19 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Awww, thanks for using my Stygian Rift, good people.

The 14 years I lived in Berkeley were the best of my life. Miss the Bay Area more than I can say.
Old December 6th, 2023, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Awww, thanks for using my Stygian Rift, good people.

The 14 years I lived in Berkeley were the best of my life. Miss the Bay Area more than I can say.
We should have an All-Typhon-Maps tournament. You've certainly made enough. But I will leave out the MOPS map that you spanked us so thoroughly with.

~Z

My map thread
Old December 8th, 2023, 06:21 PM

What's the parking like around the library? Is there a lot, or street parking, and do I need money for meters?

Old December 8th, 2023, 06:35 PM

Only 5 spaces in the parking lot. According to the library director, there is plenty of free street parking all about.

~Z

My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events