Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?
Re: Sixth Annual Texas Team Tournament

What kind of beer should I bring? import or domestic?
Old March 24th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

*Big sigh*

*Sadness*

My family is coming into town that weekend for my niece's school tournament. ArlingtoniansUniteForScape is out.

Now, those Vegas odds had me at 5 to 1 the day before. What were my odds for 3 weeks out?

Attendees:
1. ????? + DrLivingston = Team ?????
2. Dr. Weirdscaper + ????? = Team Viridian Dynamics!
3. Tmac2200 + Tmacdad = Team MacdaddyT
4. Dignan + BroInLaw = TeamGladOrcs
5. R˙chean + wisinger = Drunken Hobos
6. LightBringer + ????? = Pierre Despereaux
7. LBBro + LBSon = MasterP and Lil' Romeo
8. CheddarLimbo + Labrhat = Car RamRod
9. Stacysensei + Kirk = TeamMostWanted
10. jaramillohector + Moonwalker = TeamBrewmeister
11. GladDragon + AnubianWolf88 = Team Dragonwolf (2011 Defending Champions)

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; March 24th, 2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: I really would like to make one of these damn events.
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:32 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Hey DrL, maybe you can get your separated at birth brother to be your partner:

Funny, he doesn't look Druish...
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Team name change. Team Live Badass is official.

Quote:
Attendees:
1. ????? + DrLivingston = Team ?????
2. Dr. Weirdscaper + ????? = Team Viridian Dynamics!
3. Tmac2200 + Tmacdad = Team MacdaddyT
4. Dignan + BroInLaw = Team Live Badass
5. R˙chean + wisinger = Drunken Hobos
6. LightBringer + ????? = Pierre Despereaux
7. LBBro + LBSon = MasterP and Lil' Romeo
8. CheddarLimbo + Labrhat = Car RamRod
9. Stacysensei + Kirk = TeamMostWanted
10. jaramillohector + Moonwalker = TeamBrewmeister
11. GladDragon + AnubianWolf88 = Team Dragonwolf (2011 Defending Champions)

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My first ever attempt to neg rep someone:

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rym again.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
My first ever attempt to neg rep someone:

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rym again.
Really?

Lame.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; March 25th, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Can't control family bro.
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramillohector View Post
What kind of beer should I bring? import or domestic?
Surprise us!*

Attendees:
1. Zuko + DrLivingston = DrainoTodosLosVecesPorqueEstamosLocos!
2. Tmac2200 + Tmacdad = Team MacdaddyT
3. Dignan + BroInLaw = Team Live Badass
4. R˙chean + wisinger = Drunken Hobos
5. LightBringer + VeryCoolWife = TeamNoVelenne
6. LBBro + LBSon = MasterP and Lil' Romeo
7. CheddarLimbo + Labrhat = Car RamRod
8. Stacysensei + Kirk = TeamMostWanted
9. jaramillohector + Moonwalker = TeamBrewmeister
10. GladDragon + AnubianWolf88 = Team Dragonwolf (2011 Defending Champions)

Last edited by DrLivingston; March 26th, 2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: *No Milwaukee's Best!
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:07 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
1. Zuko + DrLivingston = DrainoTodosLosVecesPorqueEstamosLoco!
What a horribly mangled construction. Surely you meant EstamosLocos!

AW88

(Zuko is pumped, BTW. He went on and on about playing with "that loud crazy guy" as his partner. May the D20 serve you both well.)

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Super Doopa

Dignan, Velenne, Luke, Gladdragon, Anubianwolf88, Zuko, and I all met up at Madness last Saturday night to play team games in preperation for the tourney and I learned several things:

1. I build maps from instructions about as bad as wisinger. Messed up both Velenne's and Dignan's maps. (Got Gamebear's right!) Promise to have all the maps right on the 14th.

2. Stingers x5 + Hive is awesome on big maps and pretty not so good on small maps.

3. I need to put in big letters that glyphs only help one of the terammates in a team game. Whoever has the army card for the figure sitting on the glyph receives the glyph's bonus on all the cards in HIS (or HER) army only. The only thing we're changing is that any time it says "figures you control" ON A CARD it counts as "friendly figure." Nothing to do with the glyphs. So if you have some funky bonding thing where Grimnak is in your partner's army and you use bonding with your Blade Gruts to get Grimnak on the move+2 glyph, your Bladegruts will not receive the move +2 bonus. Because Grimnak is not in your army, he's in your parner's army.

4. I am partnering up with Zuko. Zuko's half of the army will have Stingers in it and he will be rolling for Stinger Drain EVERY order marker. We expect to win it all.

5. Velenne rolls even worse than Dignan. Shame he will not be partnering up with Lightbringer this year...

6. Gamebear's map is pretty range friendly. That all Roman/Dwarf/Warlord army may have some troubles on the map. Because of popular demand I will be adding a single water hex on either side of the map adjacent to the big hill so that figures can dramatically jump off the mountain safely. Also fixed the Wound glyph so that a double hex base can fit on it.

7. Moltenclaw is really good on lava maps. (I actually already knew this, but it was quite the learning experience for Anubianwolf88.)

8. GladDragon and Anubianwolf88, the returning champions, are really playing well. If GladDragon rolls defense on tourney day like he did last Saturday night, I will... Well, I will certainly be upset. Unless he's playing TeamLive Bad Ass. Then, "GO GladDragon!"

9. GladDragon has shaved his beard and cut his hair in protest of Team ArlingtoniansUniteForScape sudden departure from the tourney. He looks very different now...

10. "Oota Goota, Utgar?" is pretty fun to say.

Thanks to everyone that came out - It was a hoot!

Last edited by DrLivingston; March 27th, 2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Range seems to be king at the team tourney... And Minions if GladDragon rolls their defense. Effer.
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Super Doopa

We're going to switch the large and small ruins on Shelter Skelter. And we're going to reposition the large ruin and power glyph on the bottom a little bit.

These changes help melee some as the road bonus comes into play more on the top and makes the pathing a bit easier. The side glyphs have more potential to pull play out to the edges now that they are more protected.

Played an Arrow Grut/Krug & Mimring army that didn't work and a Sniper/Repulsor & Taelord army that did. Played/witnessed the Stinger/Hive build go 2-1. Thinking about rolling out Taelord with my partner's Stingers. Since he drains every time we could get (with height) 3 shots of 6 a turn! Sounds like a recipe for success...

Since Dr.Weirdscaper isn't going to be able to make it, we need another map. So we're going to use this one by rym:

Overgrown by Rym

We used it in the Draft tournament 2 years ago and it was well received. The glyphs on the edges will come from the pool. The trap is Collapse!: 1-5 every figure under the warehouse takes a wound and remove the warehouse from play. Start zone zone spaces will be added to bring it up to 28.

Last edited by DrLivingston; March 28th, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A week from the event and no smack talk? Unheard of!

EDIT: Is there anyone I can pawn two sets of Aubrien Archers off of?

Last edited by Tmac2200; April 10th, 2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Just now started with armies and I don't wanna use "restricted" figures.
Old April 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

pawn? borrow maybe.....maybe

I lost my partner...rallying the nephew

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; April 10th, 2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: ill bring the high dollar archers...just sign in blood and leave a $50 deposit

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events