Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Blue Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Your figure is engaged, you can only attack figures you are engaged with. I don't think this works like Testsubo or Fire Line.
You can only target figures you are engaged with; just like Mimring must Fire Line in a direction of an engaged figure. This power does indeed work like Tetsubo and Fireline.

If it was meant to work like Ice Shard, it would read more like that power.

As it is, it was purposely made to read more like Tetsubo to specifically allow the other figure to be affected regardless of engagement with the Blue and regardless of the outcome of the SA on the targeted figure. There is a target figure (which the Special Attack must comply with the rules for attacking engaged figures) and a figure that is also affected. The only requirement for the "also affected figure" is that it be within 3 clear sight of the target figure.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 15th, 2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: We feeling that 5 pts yet?
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Your figure is engaged, you can only attack figures you are engaged with. I don't think this works like Testsubo or Fire Line.
You can only target figures you are engaged with; just like Mimring must Fire Line in a direction of an engaged figure. This power does indeed work like Tetsubo and Fireline.

If it was meant to work like Ice Shard, it would read like a multiple attack, Special Attack.

However, it purposely reads more like Tetsubo to specifcally allow the other figure to be affected regardless of engagement with the Blue and regardless of the outcome of the SA on the the targeted figure. There is a target figure (which the Special Attack must comply with the rules for attacking engaged figures) and a figure that is also affected.
Thanks for the clarification.; us dummies need them sometimes.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

No dummies here. This power was a tricky one. They were trying to create something unique that captured the flavor of a small lightning attack. We had specific discussion regarding this very thing and decided that we need to go with a wording that was like Tetsubo and not like Ice Shard in order to achieve the desired results.

Dummies you guys are not. There is only so much info that can go on a card and often times information is at odds with other information.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarroCloner164 View Post
I was just wondering if the Blue wyrmling could launch a bolt at a Castle door and then at someone inside the castle. If it worked, it would be a great way to strike at some reserve squaddies before you blew down the door.
Doesn't affect destructible objects. I guess that would be too fun...
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation

A quick card wording detail complaint.... All the other wyrmlings and other HS special attacks are worded :
Blah, Blah, Blah special attack
range x , attack y

This one is:
range x, +special attack y.

Where is the proofreading? no need to add +special on that line, it only confuses.

/rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

It's not the first card to have "+ Special" on either Range or Attack and it won't be the last. It lets you know there are some special rules going on that affect the number of spaces you can attack and the number of dice you roll.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Does Mimring's card just say that he has 8 range on Fireline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair MacDirk View Post
A quick card wording detail complaint.... All the other wyrmlings and other HS special attacks are worded :
Blah, Blah, Blah special attack
range x , attack y

This one is:
range x, +special attack y.

Where is the proofreading? no need to add +special on that line, it only confuses.

/rant
It's Range 5+

Meaning that it has a range of 5, plus a bit extra.
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Quote:
I was just wondering if the Blue wyrmling could launch a bolt at a Castle door and then at someone inside the castle. If it worked, it would be a great way to strike at some reserve squaddies before you blew down the door.
OK I may be missing something. Why doesn't the blues attack work? The door is immune to powers that destroy, not immune to ones that do damage. Since the Blue's lightning only does damage I don't see why the door is immune.
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:05 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
Quote:
OK I may be missing something. Why doesn't the blues attack work? The door is immune to powers that destroy, not immune to ones that do damage. Since the Blue's lightning only does damage I don't see why the door is immune.
Because the card says so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blye Wyrmling's card
...Special Attack does not affect destructible objects

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:45 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Because the card says so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blye Wyrmling's card
...Special Attack does not affect destructible objects
Note to self, squint eyes more and finish reading the power OK I now see where on the card it says the door is immune. Sorry guys.
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

To be fair, everyone keeps posting the tiny images, when there are perfectly readable ones in the gallery.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units