Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 24th, 2019, 02:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I was just casually wondering if this thread will ever be about sports or if Kaepernick's enduring legacy is that it'll never be about that again.
Just noting that "Antonio Brown potential trade destinations" is also not really sports, either. It's the same talk about team management and relative player value that dominated most of the Kaepernick discussions.

Not even close.

Dallas will be drafting a WR in the first round, pretty good value pick too. A top 10 guy who slips all the way down to 26 for being a few years older than the rest of the rookies and refusing to play on a rookie deal past next year.
Old February 24th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 24th, 2019, 07:38 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is it possible for me to dip a toe in the Kaepernick waters and stay away from the politics? We will find out shortly.

Y'all may remember Carolina shut Cam down for the last two games of the season (funny enough, I was at both games as Christmas presents. My first two games and I didn't get to see my favorite active player. Still lots of fun though). Cam had surgery on his shoulder and we're waiting to see how it takes.

Kaepernick's agent said that he could see Kap landing with Carolina as a backup/insurance in case Cam gets hurt or isn't recovered by the start of the season. It's a pretty good fit of need and team culture, since Eric Reid has (mostly) fit in.

I don't see it happening.

For one, Kap will be more expensive than going with options already on the roster (more on that in a minute). The Panthers need DL help, a safety to pair with Reid, and OL help. I think they'll go DL in the first round, OL in the second, and FA for the safety. They will probably need to pick up another OL player in FA as well. Kap isn't going to be cheap, and the dude hasn't played football in a minute. I don't think he will be worth what Carolina would end up having to pay him.

Secondly, I think the Panthers have an adequate fill in already on the roster. Kyle Allen, he started the last game of the season against NO. I was at the game, and NO played their defensive starters until the start of the 4th quarter. Allen looked pretty darn good against them, and that was without CMC. It's fair to question how motivated the NO defense was, but it was a rivalry game. Allen is still on the rookie pay scale, and he showed some good flashes in that game. I think it would be smarter for Carolina to use their money to improve the pieces surrounding QB and if Cam gets hurt again to evaluate Allen. If Cam is hurt for good, we need to be evaluating long term options for the position. Kap isn't a long term solution at QB.

I think I made it through that with all football reasons for not taking Kaepernick. If the Panthers end up taking him, I won't be spitting mad, but I do think they'd be better off using that money elsewhere.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Holy @#$%. @#$% this thread. Jesus.

I don't care anymore!!!

We have far, far bigger things to worry about in the world than the cruddy treatment of Colin #$%@ing Kaepernick. Can we please just all agree that F the Patriots, and move on?

I'm not saying it didn't matter. I'm not saying important principles weren't in play. I'm just saying, ENOUGH.

Jesus.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

True - one is a topic you like talking about, and one is a topic you don't like talking about or seeing people talk about. Total apples and oranges.
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Apparently everybody likes talking about it, including those who claim that they don't. It's not even you who brings it up most of the time.

I'm just so done with it. Now it's a lawsuit between a millionaire and billionaires. It's not about a person playing in the NFL, or a person who will play in the NFL, or a person who has played in the NFL for years.

All of you, including those who claim they're tired of talking about this subject, I'm begging you, please let sleeping dogs lie. And move on.

= =
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
True - one is a topic you like talking about, and one is a topic you don't like talking about or seeing people talk about. Total apples and oranges.
Fair enough. Enjoy.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 24th, 2019, 09:15 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Guess my post wasn't far enough away

On a different note, are any of y'all NFC South fans? I've noticed my posts about Carolina usually don't get any response. Looks like a bunch of AFC/NFC North people (and a Bronco fan).

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old February 25th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the draft this year...

Nashville has bee promoting all the cool stuff that will be happening associated with the draft. Basically, it's being held fifteen minutes from where I work and looks like it will offer all sorts of activities nearby while also coming in at the appealing price of free (plus parking). What I can't decide is if I would enjoy it more than sitting home and watching on tv.

It'd be kinda neat to watch the Niners pick at 2, and to actually see for myself some of the future stars of the league. I like the idea of checking out the swag and having the opportunity to see players, jerseys, trophies, etc. Plenty of good places downtown to hit for refreshments and alternative entertainment if the experience turns out to be less entertaining than I hope.

On the other hand, Nashville is fairly difficult to get into during large events and parking tends to be more expensive. I imagine I would park at Titan's stadium and walk across the pedestrian bridge to downtown. Should the weather be nice that's no big deal, but it'll be pretty unfun if it rains. Also, I really enjoy seeing all the clips and instant analysis while watching on tv. I wonder if I'll get bored just waiting for names to be called out.

So there's my sports-related dilemma. Has anyone been to one of these? What are the highlights and lowlights?

~Aldin, who would be disappointed to be there and find out that the Niners traded back or something necessitating staying put for another hour

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 25th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The Bears are going to release that goal post hitting, self promoting PoS kicker Cody Parkey. That's like getting a better player already

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 25th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I've never been, Aldin.

But I know that if I had the chance to try, as you have the chance to try, and I did not make the effort, that I would regret that forever.

I will say that I missed one Super Bowl Parade. Given the chance, though, I did not miss the second one. It's fun to be a part of history. And you say there will be activities and things, too. Make the effort! My two cents.

= =
Old February 25th, 2019, 01:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would go while it is close by and mostly free (outside of parking, food, drinks, etc.). If you don't enjoy your time there, don't ever go again. If you do though, you'll be really happy you didn't miss that opportunity for a unique experience.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV