Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 8th, 2008, 09:45 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Beantown Beatdown IV Map Thread

Map submissions for the Beantown Beatdown IV - 6/28/08
*CLOSED TO NEW SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME*

If you would like to contribute please post your maps/links/ideas in this thread.

Before posting please click here for more information.

These are Suggested Maps for BBIV, by no means is this the final list (until otherwise noted), please take a look and give some input as which maps you would definitely like to see and which ones you would rather be left out. Also if you know of a map that you would like considered please post a link, but please click the link above for submission guidelines first.

* = map has been play-tested by my gaming (or another tourney goer's) group and we agree it is a fun map.

KEY:
strikethru = out
GREEN = high probability of being included
ORANGE = maybe
RED = iffy
BLACK = pending

KEEP IN MIND PER BBIV RULES, GLYPHS WILL NOT BE USED.

1. Highways and Dieways* (BoV map by UranusPChicago)
2. Road Rampage* (BoV map by Ch1can0)
3. Fire Isles* (BoV map by yagyuninja)

4. A Bridge Too Far* (by Aeston)
5. The Frozen Pass* (by Aeston)
6. High Road or the Low Road* (by nyys)
7. The Broken Road (by Aeston)
8. Overlord (by Ch1can0)
9. Little Rampart (the one without castle walls, by Ch1can0)
10. Flash Fire (by Dignan)

11. Turn or Burn (by Luke C a non-HSer, submitted by Velenne)
12. Dreyrugr Holr (by Kahrma)
13. Wasteland* (by Bengi)
14. Wicked Wall* (by Bengi)
15. Diversions (by GameBear)

16. Peril Pass (by yagyuninja)
17. Desperation (by Browncoat)
18. Badru Valley (by GameBear)
19. Frozen Spires (by GameBear)

20. Boiling Sand Pit* (by nyys)
21. Death Stations* (by nyys)
22. Jungle Corridor (by nyys)
23. Bunker Battle (by nyys)
24. Marro Aqueduct (by nyys)
25. The Mountain (by nyys)
26. Come Get Some (by nyys)
27. Point Blank (by nyys)
28. Slow and Safe or Quick and Deadly* (by nyys)
29. Badland Bog (by Nadi)
30. Beyond the Grave (by Nadi)
31. Foxtrot (by Nadi)
32. Road to No Where (by Nadi)
33. Death Stations Part Deux (by nyys)
34. Swamp Oasis (by nyys)
35. Jungle Cliffs (by nyys)
36. Sunken Castle (by nyys)
37. Snowy Passes (by nyys)
38. Bog Den (by Shades fan)
39. Glacier Time (by Bengi)
40. Lava Wall (by Bengi)
41. Cold Conflict (by Bengi)
42. Walls of Solitude (by Velenne)
43. Marr Highway - End of the Road (by Velenne)
44. Corrupting The Source (by nyys)
45. Jungle Plateau (by nyys)
46. Hot Heights (BoV map by Jormi_Boced)
47. Mole Hills (BoV map by Jonathan)

48. The Burning (by nyys)
49. Flooded Safari (by nyys)
50. Death Platform (by nyys)
51. Booby Traps (by nyys)
52. Swamp Watery Grave (by Soul Shackle)
53. Melee Mania (by Soul Shackle)
54. Rugged Mire (by Soul Shackle)

55. Fyorlag Swamp (by Velenne)

HASBRO Maps for Consideration:
1. Avorice Stand
2. Durgeth Swamps
3. The Forsaken Waters
4. Migols Tomb
5. Table of the Giants
6. Trollsford Swamps
7. Waters of Life
8. Xualtiaca

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; June 28th, 2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:57 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Beantown Beatdown IV map submissons

I'm not attending, but for those of you who are, I've a thread HERE about some of my favorite tournament cartographers which might help you in making your selections.
Old May 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Here are some suggestions Shades fan made over in the event thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
First,I am always glad to help with these situations!

The Pine Tree Curtain By:LongHeroscaper!
Not on this map that the walls are placed illegally,but they are very doable,and the set up right,it's only because there near water!
Surface Tension By: GameBear!
A fun just SotM using map,that works well!
Stardust Fountain By: Velenne!
A fun fountain map,that reminds me a lot of Mole Hills!
Desperation By:BrownCoat!
A great fun map,that uses only the road from RttFF set!
Flash Fire By: Dignan!
A great map,if you have enough sets for it,with Two RttFF sets being use,but it is a really good map!
I can bring all of these,except Desperation,because I will have all but the road!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
I'm not attending, but for those of you who are, I've a thread HERE about some of my favorite tournament cartographers which might help you in making your selections.
Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out tonight while watching the ball game.

-insert signature here-
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Added maps 10-14. We haven't tried them yet, but unless they play horribly (of which we do not anticipate) then they'll be in.

Turn or Burn looks especially fun IMO.

-insert signature here-
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:20 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to suggest a very fun map, that I just nominated for the BoV! I love it, so here it is! Badru Valley By:GamBear
Without Glyph! It plays just as good with out the Glyph!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; May 21st, 2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:39 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

I am currently working on perfecting a map to eventually become BoV worthy. Right now, the first version is currently under review, with 1 yes, and 1 no vote in the BoV further review section. However, if you would like, I also have a second version which I am currently working on. It is not a whole lot different from the first version. In fact, the only things that have significantly changed are the height on one side, and the width of the bridge on the other. With the change of the bridge also created an area behind it, which I find very useful at times.

So before I babble on about my map, you can playtest it for yourself and see if you like enough for your tournament.

Marro Marsh v.1

Marro Marsh v.2

In my opinion, the second version is "upgraded". It provides more choices of playability on the map other than two single hex lanes to either side, and players do not have to make a Pickett's Charge through the swamp in the middle in order to avoid the outside. Also, the ruins have been placed in a more convenient location, and more coverage has been provided for the start zones. Oh boy, here I go again. I'll stop myself and allow you to try it out for yourself.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
I am currently working on perfecting a map to eventually become BoV worthy. Right now, the first version is currently under review, with 1 yes, and 1 no vote in the BoV further review section. However, if you would like, I also have a second version which I am currently working on. It is not a whole lot different from the first version. In fact, the only things that have significantly changed are the height on one side, and the width of the bridge on the other. With the change of the bridge also created an area behind it, which I find very useful at times.

So before I babble on about my map, you can playtest it for yourself and see if you like enough for your tournament.

Marro Marsh v.1

Marro Marsh v.2

In my opinion, the second version is "upgraded". It provides more choices of playability on the map other than two single hex lanes to either side, and players do not have to make a Pickett's Charge through the swamp in the middle in order to avoid the outside. Also, the ruins have been placed in a more convenient location, and more coverage has been provided for the start zones. Oh boy, here I go again. I'll stop myself and allow you to try it out for yourself.
Quote:
If you do decide to build a map or three for the tourney, please make sure you have the materials to build it yourself as we may ask you to bring it with you depending on our own resources limitations. Especially if you decide to use Tacilla Jungle in your build.
I'm sure they will be fine with the submission, but are you planning on going?

Old May 21st, 2008, 09:55 PM

Thanks Shades, I really like the look of that one.

Gomolka, thanks for the link we'll give it a whirl possibly this weekend.

-insert signature here-
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Thanks Shades, I really like the look of that one.

Gomolka, thanks for the link we'll give it a whirl possibly this weekend.
Yeah I really like Badru Valley! It is incredibly fun to play on, plus it breaks the mold of Highways and Dieways looking 2 RttFF maps, yet it offers the same results! A great Map!

Old May 28th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Maps look great so far nyys. The only one I'm not crazy about is turn or burn, just based on first glance.

Badru Valley looks great too.

Are you using any of the official maps?

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Maps look great so far nyys. The only one I'm not crazy about is turn or burn, just based on first glance.

Badru Valley looks great too.

Are you using any of the official maps?
Turn or Burn is one of those maps that will play very quickly with the limited non-lava hexes, can be a fun change of pace. I hope to test it out this week to see if it holds up to my expectations. If not we can always nix it if we get enough different builds.

I hadn't even thought to look at the official Hasbro maps, something I'll need to put on the list.

-insert signature here-
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Well seeing that I'm really the only one seeming to participate in this, my as well nominate a few others!

Hide and Seek

I love how this one plays, and how it works out.
Frozen Spires
Is a great looking one, and plays great.
I can only play test so many though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios