Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 1st, 2017, 12:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of Enchantress (Amora) (II)

The Book of Enchantress (Amora) (II)

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 52
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Clobberin' Time set.
Its model number and name are #096/Enchantress.

Character Bio - In time, Amora became one of the more powerful magic-wielders in Asgard, with her magical arsenal focused on (but not limited to) charming and mind-controlling people. Her by-then well-renowned beauty aided her in this area. She is assisted by a powerful minion — Skurge, the Executioner. The Executioner loved the Enchantress, and she strings him along with her feminine wiles, using him as her muscle. They become members of Baron Heinrich Zemo’s original Masters of Evil, the opposite number to the Avengers, a superhero team that Thor had joined. The Enchantress hypnotizes Thor into attacking the other Avengers with her own spells and a special brew, making him believe they are enemies of humanity. (Wikipedia, 2012)

-Rulings and Clarifications- _________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Yodaking
  • Second playtest: Ronin
  • Third playtest: Lazy Orang
  • Fourth playtest: Ronin
  • Fifth playtest: Yodaking
  • Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by japes
  • Enchantress created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
  • Comic Art by Mark Bagley

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:15 PM. Reason: png
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Enchantress (Amora) II

NAME = ENCHANTRESS
SECRET IDENTITY = AMORA

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCERESS
PERSONALITY = CHARMING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 330

BEAUTY AND THE BRAWN
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control with the Super Strength special power and a Range number of 1 listed on its card to be Enchantress's Bodyguard. If Enchantress is attacked and would receive one or more wounds while her Bodyguard is adjacent to her, instead of placing those wounds on this card, you may place those wounds on Enchantress's Bodyguard's card.

AMORA'S CHARMS
Before taking a turn with Enchantress, you may choose a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Enchantress and roll the 20-sided die. Add 4 to the roll if the chosen figure is Enchantress's Bodyguard. If you roll 15 or higher, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before being Charmed, and you may not take any additional turns with any other figures you control other than Enchantress. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Enchantress is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Enchantress can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Yodaking; June 16th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:24 PM
C3G Landlord

I have the figure already so I'll get some pics up once it gets sunny out around these parts, unless the pics are already online or someone beats me to it. Just link the pics to this thread if you do take or find some. Don't really have any thoughts on a background for the mini, so if you have any ideas don't hesitate to share them.
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I like the design a lot. Clean, thematic, balanced at first glance, and a different take on bonding and figure control. I like that it dips into the same pool of spells L_O is using for Mordo.
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Interesting. I like the design, especially that she can work with Executioner - having read their bios, it always felt weird to me that they were actively bad picks together. Really cool to see the Hypnotised personality get more use - it kind of feels like that could be a really helpful keyword down the line. My only criticism would be that, other than its bonuses which are cool (and she'll definitely appreciate Hypnotising someone), it's extremely generic - it's hard to get me excited about temporary mind control without a twist considering how much of it is already in the game, and there isn't much else she does except bond with a big guy, which, admittedly, is nice.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Couple of design notes for those of you in the Danger Room who are seeing this for the first time. I've decided to run her in the Danger Room so those of you participating in the Mordo & Hypnotize spell discussions would be fully aware of anther card in the pipeline that will fall into a similar design space. The initial desire for an Enchantress II was two fold on my part, first and foremost was the desire to have a design that worked well with the Executioner. I don't ever play the current two cards together and this card will make that a more familiar pairing. Then I'm actually hoping she comes in at a lower price point than the current Enchantress so that you may end up drafting a few spells with her.

The first power is where the Executioner pairing up starts, but I wanted to leave it a bit open so she could also be paired up with Loki, Thor, the Hulk, or whoever else you wanted to fill that role with. The second power is then tied to the first to some degree, she can charm both her allies and her enemies into doing her bidding. The d20 numbers here can be adjusted if needed. When combined I believe the Executioner will be a very good drafting option with his ability to move out, then instead of attacking use his axe to teleport him and another figure. From an offense point of view that means he can go out and fetch back opponents figures, moving them within 3 spaces of Amora so she can try to take control of them on the next turn or have her and Executioner double team them for a beat down. It could also be used to move the two of them up together a little faster since the damaging component is a 'may' power. While that seems like a good pairing, I don't think that precludes the idea of running her with Thor or whoever else as her bodyguard. The range of 3 on the bonding, along with it not being a consistent every turn bonding, combined with the adj. clause for the wound soak on a range 1 SS figure should hopefully keep things in check from a points and balance issue.

We have been work shopping this design over the last week or so now in the outer sanctum and I'm pretty happy with where it is at but I'm always open to listen to any ideas on how to improve it. Or if there are some concerns you have that we may have over looked, bring those up too. I'll be looking to move this one alone quickly though if possible such that it can also be tested with the Hypnotized spell and/or Mordo.
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:01 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Man, this release is going to be crammed with Marvel villains - with the exceptions of Daimon and (hopefully!) Nemesis, I think everyone fits that description! Where are the heroes, where are the DC mages!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Here are some art options that are different than what we used on the first card. I know some of you have issues with art that features any other characters but I really like the pic of her and the Executioner together for this card. It would play up different theme of this card over the first one.

Old May 1st, 2017, 01:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Man, this release is going to be crammed with Marvel villains - with the exceptions of Daimon and (hopefully!) Nemesis, I think everyone fits that description! Where are the heroes, where are the DC mages!
After a huge DC wave I don't have a problem with that but it wasn't done on purpose. Arkham talked about doing Zatanna II and Fate II enough times that I thought he would have had one or both completed by now. I also considered running John Constantine for this release but I wanted to give Laughing Matter a chance to run him in the public somewhere down the road as he seems more invested in the character than I am.

*edit* Also Daimon is Marvel too. So it is currently looking like a 5 figure wave of all Marvel spell casters to go along with the spell rules and at least 11 spells. Would like to get the number up to 18 (two sheets of 9 spells each when printing them out) if possible. It will depend on if Arkham revisits Zatanna II again or not as he had 3 or more Elemental spells he was working on for her.
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Charmed seems a bit too finicky for me. Lots of conditionals - SS, Bodyguard, Hypnotized, range and type... I'd want to see at least one of those cut.

If we're trying to make Hypnotized a keyword - which I'm in favor of, mind - I think we need to genericize it a bit. Enchantress doesn't hypnotize. She charms, persuades, enthralls - but hypnosis isn't really in her wheelhouse.

Something like "Mindless" or "Enthralled" seems more sensible to me.
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:47 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I was talked out of doing Zatanna this early in favor of keeping her for a future release instead of cramming everything into 1 release. I'm not against getting her and the spells done after Ares, if that sentiment has changed. However, Ares has stalled out a bit playtesting wise so I'm not sure of the timeliness there.
Old May 1st, 2017, 02:20 PM
C3G Landlord

From wiki:

The Enchantress and the Executioner are exiled to Earth by Odin. They become members of Baron Heinrich Zemo's original Masters of Evil, the opposite number to the Avengers, a superhero team that Thor had joined. The Enchantress hypnotizes Thor into attacking the other Avengers with her own spells and a special brew, making him believe they are enemies of humanity, but Iron Man wakes Thor from his trance by reflecting sunlight into his eyes.

and then again under power & abilities:

On occasion, the Enchantress employs various mystical artifacts, potions, and power objects, such as the crystalline gem in which she entrapped Brunnhilde the Valkyrie's soul, and the potion she used to increase her hypnotic power over Thor in Avengers #7.

In practice here, hypnotism only comes into play when someone casts the hypnotism spell or Mordo hypnotizes someone with his defensive power. Once hypnotized they just become much more easy to manipulate with her own charms (both magical & seductive in nature).

She has used her sorcery to enhance her natural beauty and allure (wiki).

She does not have any direct hypnotizing specific powers on her own card though. Charmed is intended to encompass multiple ways in which she attempts to manipulate and/or control others around her, both friend and foe alike. Whether that be from seduction or mind control can be left up to the imagination and can change from roll to roll during the game.

As for cutting something, I already cut Etin as it is. I wouldn't want to see the base range 1 from getting cut or ranged attackers will overshadow and dominate her bodyguard position such that Executioner would be a bad pick. We talked about cutting SS from Charmed since it is already in Bodyguard but I failed to update that accordingly when posting the design in this thread. I'll cut SS from charmed once the 24 hour period is up. I like the idea of keeping the SS restriction in Bodyguard though for two reasons, thematically she wants someone with a lot of muscle to do the heavy lifting for her and with the first card focused on boosting non-SS figures it helps set the two cards apart and fill very different roles when thinking about building an army around either one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library