Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 21st, 2019, 05:24 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Phoenix Force: Initial Playtesting

Wow, those are some results. I would encourage further testing at 1250 or 1300 with potential to come down rather than potentially see more blow-out games.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 21st, 2019, 06:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm cool with 1200 for public testing. I think this is the kind of figure where the calculator really struggles, as I wasn't getting anything close to over 1,000 even with really high estimates for powers. Pre-yea at that cost.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:26 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea I’m good with going into testing at 1200 and either toning it back or upping the points a little based on more results. Seeing a more narrow victory and a narrow loss at 1200 is more reassuring though. Event Heroes of this scale have traditionally been harder to balance.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 04:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yea I’m good with going into testing at 1200 and either toning it back or upping the points a little based on more results. Seeing a more narrow victory and a narrow loss at 1200 is more reassuring though. Event Heroes of this scale have traditionally been harder to balance.
It's your proposal to make.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

No waiting period? I propose we move this to public playtesting.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:41 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Phoenix Force: VOTE for Playtesting

No waiting period. Everybody seems to not know about this particular thing so perhaps we need to find a good place to repost our procedures.

yea for Playtesting.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
No waiting period. Everybody seems to not know about this particular thing so perhaps we need to find a good place to repost our procedures.

yea for Playtesting.
Really I think we just need to bite the bullet and overhaul that Procedures thread. It's only getting more out of date. An update there has been on my to-do list for a while, but I've been too busy to tackle it lately.

yea
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:46 PM

Yeah I feel you, there are a couple of things I would like to hit too. I need to organize my to-dos.

Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:38 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea
Old April 23rd, 2019, 06:28 AM

With my pre-yea, that’s five, so this passes! I’m not going to try to post this from my phone, though.

Old April 29th, 2019, 01:31 AM
Tickle Pickle

Arch said he was gonna retest now that he understands how the Avatar power works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
(These are the tests I played incorrectly. I missed the fact that all OMs had to go on Phoenix Force in order to create an Avatar, thus the Avatar was bonding with the other Stepford Cuckoos. Probably didn't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, as the benefit of having a fairly weak additional attack meant bringing the easily-killed Stepfords up into the line of fire.)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Phoenix Force

Army Test
Map: Mole Hills
Units: Captain America C3G, Hawkeye 1, Black Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Thor, Spider-Man Hasbro (1530) VS Phoenix Force, Stepford Cuckoo x4 (1520)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Wolverine, Parasite, Poison Ivy 2, Green Arrow 1, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Aquaman 1 VS Phoenix Force, Stepford Cuckoo x4 (1520)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Bonding with non-Avatar Stepfords might not have been the best strategy, because it meant they were easy targets to avoid Phoenix Fire. That said, they protected Phoenix Force herself from harm. Trying to kill Phoenix Force directly is probably a smart strategy so you can stop her effectively getting extra life with the Avatars.

In my second game, I kept the non-Avatar Stepfords back while moving them up one by one (to maximize their special attack. This backfired horribly, since the Avatar was alone and fairly easily slain, wasting my OMs for the round. Had my OMs been on Phoenix Force, I would have been able to counterattack and not lose the rest of my telepaths.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Tons of fun. Phoenix Force is a true event hero. Phoenix Fire and Cosmic Inferno makes her (and her Avatars) very formidable to take down.
Old April 30th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

Re: The Book of Phoenix Force: Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
(This is the test I played correctly, with all OMs on Phoenix Force when she creates an Avatar.)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Phoenix Force

Army Test
Units: Batman 1, Batman Terry, Robin Tim, Superman 2, Wonder Woman 2, Plastic Man (1435) VS Phoenix Force, Psylocke (1450)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Felt balanced overall. There were some big swings this game. Superman absolutely wailed on Phoenix Force before dying which was key. Psylocke wrecked the rest of the heroes, taking out Robin, Plastic Man, Wonder Woman, and Batman Beyond fairly easily. Batman got fairly lucky in the end but his team deserved some good luck after Wonder Woman’s awful results.

Phoenix Force is a pretty interesting unit to play. You have to keep the Force safe because that boost to the Avatar is pretty insanely powerful. But with a close loss here, and 1-1 in my misplayed games, I’m pretty comfortable saying Phoenix Force is pretty balanced. Phoenix Force is a lot better against mid-level heroes. Figures like Superman or Thor who can inflict several wounds at a time get hurt less from Phoenix Fire. And healers like Wolverine can just tank the wounds without much problem.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Tons of fun. Phoenix Force is a true event hero. Phoenix Fire and Cosmic Inferno makes her (and her Avatars) very formidable to take down. Apologies for misplaying the first two games earlier.

One question: Do you have to choose a figure without the Phoenix Fire, Flying, or Super Strength special powers in order to replaces the Move, Range, Attack, and Defense values on its card with the values on this card. It currently reads like you have to not have any of those powers to get Phoenix Force's stats, but I feel like intuitively anyone you choose just gains the special powers they don't have and also uses Phoenix Force's stats. This didn’t come up in my armies but I considered using Cable for his double attack.
Thank you for your tests. The intent with the Avatar power is that is gains the abilities it does not have (to prevent Phoenix Fire from stacking with Phoenix). We will look at the wording and potentially include an FAQ.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library