Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 21st, 2008, 07:54 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
Sorry for this thread.Need help to make a army

Ok me and my 5 cousins are having a tournament in about a week.I always get beat because I can't make a good army.I need a Ullar/Jandar army because thats what I said I whould make.My Favorite squad is Templair knights wich I only have 1 squad of them.My favorite hero is Sonlen.So can yall help me.My cousins usually chose are
romans,samurais/ninjas,soulborms,and a full army of vipers of his own.

the requirements are.
No more then 1000 points
Must have a flag barrier

I only have doubles of the following.
Zombies x2
Warriors of Ashra x2
the rat soulborg things x2(sorry,I am in a rush and dont have time to look up names.)
marro stingers x2
marro dog thing x2(from SotM)
marro gun things x2(from SotM)

Srry agine for all the spelling and names for the figures.I'm in a rush.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:45 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sorry for this thread.Need help to make a army

With few doubles, you have few options with 1000 points. Go for All Valiant:

Gilbert 105
Knights 80
Templar 120
Charos 210
4th mass 70
Sonlen 140
Kyntela 20
Thorgrim 80
Finn 80
Concan 80
Total 985

Charge with Gilbert, knights and Templar. Throw in Concan, Finn and Thorgrim. Clean up with either Sonlen or Charos (depending on who you put Finn and Throgrim's spirits on).

And see if you can double up on 4th mass or knights for future battles. Multiple commons is the way to go. This is a pretty solid army without much range. If the board suggests range is an issue, you might want to go back to the drawing board.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18449

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:20 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
iceman,

I hope you are not offended by GBs terse link/response; I have no idea how much Bandwith your thread took up or how much chaos it caused to post, but I found your thread (spelling aside) well thought out enough to have a very clear idea of what you needed. I also found the fact that you are asking for help a humbling enough gesture to respect you for doing it.

I also recall being something of a newbie to the site and finding the opinions of others here very insightful and really helpful -- enough to ask others for help from time to time.

I also clicked on the link knowing that you were asking me for advice, and because I enjoy giving it and having others criticize my ideas, I enjoyed responding to it. Now, I am all for being very polite on the site as well as for using proper spelling and grammar rules , but I don't expect to be thanked for it -- as I said, I enjoyed giving it, and I also don't feel that I'm such an expert that I deserve to be taken quite that seriously. So, don't feel the need to thank me for my recommendation -- though I'd encourage you to do so for others.
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With a thousand points it might be fun to bring out the big guns:

Jotun 225
Charos 210
Acolarh 110
Sonlen 160
Kyntela Gwyn 20
2xWarriors of Ashra 100
Raelin RotV 80
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan 65
Guilty McCreech 30
1,000 points

Healing, Defense, lots of power, fairly easy Order Marker management...

~Aldin, with the caveat that he has never played a 1,000 point (non-Marvel) game

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:56 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Open letter on "Help me build an army" threads. Not mine, but recommended.
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6171

Without multiples of many Jandar/Ullar commons you need as many people that can target more than one figure at range as you can get. Common units also aren't usually competitively priced if you have only one unit. Sonlen and Nilfheim seem like critical picks to me. Furthermore, with only one set of knights Gilbert might not be worthwhile and since you need a flagbearer I went the elf route. Here's my take:

110 Acolahr
100 (210) Syvarris
160 (370) Sonlen
100 (470) 2x Warriors of Ashra
70 (540) Aubrien Archers
20 (560) Kyntella Gwyn
80 (640) Original Raelin
185 (825) Nilfheim
110 (935) Airborne Elite
65 (1000) Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan

The main weakness here is that you don't have many low cost filler units to run out and engage people. The Warriors of Ashra are the only ones that fill this role. Unfortunately, playing Jandar/Ullar and not having many multiples of commons you're pretty limited in this respect anyway.
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

ok what about a 500 point army.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
ok what about a 500 point army.
Open letter on "Help me build an army" threads. Not mine, but recommended.
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:31 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You know, Cavalier, I'm stuck between chastising you for posting that link in this thread for the third time in nine responses and agreeing with you that more info from the OP would be awfully nice.

iceman3317, if it's a 1,000 point tourney, why look for 500 point armies? Any feedback on the armies listed above? Have you scanned the 500 point army thread?

~Aldin, of mixed emotion

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:37 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
You know, Cavalier, I'm stuck between chastising you for posting that link in this thread for the third time in nine responses and agreeing with you that more info from the OP would be awfully nice.

iceman3317, if it's a 1,000 point tourney, why look for 500 point armies? Any feedback on the armies listed above? Have you scanned the 500 point army thread?

~Aldin, of mixed emotion
Honestly, I was trying to make a point. If that needs chastisement, I will take it. I know I am probably not going to make a dent with the OP, he has proven that unlikely, but maybe somebody else will come to understand the point being made.
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:39 PM

no not yet. like i said I was in a rush this morning.But I will do that thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion