Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 4th, 2022, 06:54 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

June Gaming

Marvel Champions x 7
Heroscape x 6
Dragon Dice x 13
Pathfinder ACG x 4
Massive Darkness 2 x 2
ToL Joan of Arc
Dungeon Heroes x 3
One Deck Dungeon
LotR LCG x 10
Qwirkle Cubes
Godtear
Tiny Epic Dungeons
Marvel Codenames x 5
Bang! the Dice Game
Maximum Apocalypse

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 4th, 2022, 07:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yesterday:

Titan:The Arena x2 (my friend Bill won twice)
Tapestry with all the expansions (I won for the first time!)
Paper Dungeons (I won)

Old July 5th, 2022, 08:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Six straight days of gaming centered around the July 4th weekend:

Memoir 44 (multiple games online using Board Game Arena on 4 of the 6 days including today) Games from the core and various expansions in Western Europe, Russian Front, Mediterranean and the Pacific theaters! The Open Beta just went to membership being required for the full variety of scenarios available, as I continue to explore this platform after my first few times on it with a fellow retiree I met on BGG. I've played 19 on BGA so far, with more coming later today. If anyone wants to try this out, just shoot me a PM here or on BGG!

BGA is owned by Asmodee, who also owns Days of Wonder (publisher of M44). This is their first nonEuro (light wargame) on the platform, and people are flocking to play it here now! Over 40 scenarios are currently available, including a few in the larger Breakthrough format.

Star War Rebellion a heartbreaking loss for the Empire against a newbie! With only other two planets not searched (thus available for Rebel Base redeployment), I discovered the Base but could not get land forces there in time, given that I had spent so much building ships. A great day long adventure with a nail biting finish.

Commands & Colors Napoleonics Two long Peninsular games; a win and a loss. These were my first time playing these scenarios against a live opponent. We played the two scenarios for the battle of Orthez from Expansion #5. Later on we will go back to the Expansion #1 battles and retrofit the second Tactics card deck as I play the French for the first time; I played the Spanish when the box first came out years ago.

A fun week, with lots of gaming and comradeship. The SWR and CCN games were played live here.

Last edited by chas; July 6th, 2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old July 24th, 2022, 04:31 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just picked up Root, looking forward to trying it.
Othereise, Keyforge on The Crucible Online has been my go-to game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old July 24th, 2022, 07:50 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Today:
Unmatched. It was Beowulf vs. Little Red Riding Hood. Little Red won.
Root. I came very close to winning.
Village Pillage twice.

Old July 29th, 2022, 11:01 AM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

June Gaming for me included a bunch of gaming at Dice tower East. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-eV...w?usp=drivesdk

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 30th, 2022, 08:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Now trying a 2 Player game of Space Empires 4X (GMT) online on Board Game Arena, with a new pal from Australia. Its a strategic war game for 2-4 players in outer space. This is my first ever turn based game; I usually prefer live real time play.
Old July 30th, 2022, 11:23 PM

Today: Return to Dark Tower, Above and Below, Bandido, The Mind, Lords of Waterdeep.

Old August 1st, 2022, 01:59 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

July gaming: July has been unfortunately extremely busy with real life (work, county fair etc) so my gaming has suffered a bit. However with Ken Con in just a week and a half away I'm hoping August will surge with more gaming!

LotR :LCG x 28
Marvel Champions x 15
GI Joe Deck Building Game
Batman Love Letter
Tiny Epic Dungeons x 2
Massive Darkness
Mage Wars
Aventuria: ACG x 5
Cloudspire
Dungeon Roll
Hexplore It
Magic the Gathering x 2
Dragon Dice
Too Many Bones
Godtear x 4
Pathfinder: ACG

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 5th, 2022, 04:59 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Last two months:

Return to Dark Tower (All-in set, never have the original game)
HeroQuest (sharing the new "mythic tier" edition with family)
Unmatched (and most expansions)

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old August 5th, 2022, 08:45 AM

No one has visited here at The Game Palace for a month or so, but tomorrow will see a live 5-6 Player game of Star Trek Ascendancy. Originally we planned to include the two upcoming expansions, but they are just now out at GenCon 2022, and so won't be here until the end of this month or so. Therefore we are going ahead anyway with this game, which is very popular here.

Official factions, including the last two not out yet, will soon include The Federation, Klingons, Romulans (original core game), Ferengi, Cardassians, Andorians, and Vulcans (expansions) and now coming soon to a galaxy near you, The Dominion and The Breen. Some of us have tried a few of the other fan made factions online on TTS. The Borg are also included as an NPC faction. Yet another undisclosed faction is also due out this year!

When the game first came out back in 2016 (and Taeblewalker got me the core game at that earlier GenCon with special TOS anniversary exploration cards and 3D star bases for the first three factions) publisher Gale Force Nine actually promised that they would eventually produce 20 expansions! And although the original designer has passed on, they are still living up to that pledge today by continuing to issue expansions. Good for them (and for us). This month will see the 10th and 11th factions hit the streets, so we're halfway there. Not to mention STA playmats, star bases, extra ships, and custom dice.

STA is a highly thematic strategic game from the people who brought you Firefly The Game, one of the first most successful Intellectual Property board games, and another design I enjoy. They continue today with Dune and other franchise games.
Old August 8th, 2022, 04:04 PM

Okay, so there was a teaser at GenCon for a game called Age of Annihilation. It looked pretty good. The minis won't be prepainted, but colored in their faction theme hue. Check it out. I expect to be hearing more about it...

PS: I'm kidding. Turns out its just more Heroscape! l(Say what?)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games