Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 1st, 2009, 10:17 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Ninja vs Ninja

My son got the board game Ninja vs Ninja from Santa this year. This is a very fun game for kids young and old. (me being on the old side) Great figures made of hard rubber and cute. Strange 4 sided dice. They are six sided but have a katana sword through two sides so only 1-4 will roll. Easy to play yet can have much strategy.

Published by Out of the Box
See it on BoardGameGeek

Old January 4th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ninja vs Ninja

Hahn was recommending this game. I may pick it up at Thoughthammer with Colossal Arena and Wasabi. Seems a good way to start my 2009 selection of game purchases.
:P

How does it NvN play? What makes it enjoyable in regards to play mechanics?
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes Hahn was pimping NvN for awhile.

The pay is simple enough for the kids but I've played plenty of cut throat games against my buddies.

You manage you scoring vs the risk factor of getting your ninja back to his dojo in time. It's just good silly fun.

Plus it reinforces the fact the are COOLER than pirates.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I purchased this for my son for Xmas as well. What a fun game!

The goal is to get 7 points or kill all the other ninjas. You earn points by moving your ninja into the other ninja's dojo and back to your own. But you must make it back to get the points. You get one point for ever space you infiltrate into your opponents dojo. Quick. Fun. Simple.

I think this will be a big hit at tourneys for in-between games games.
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

So how do you lose a piece?

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
So how do you lose a piece?
An enemy ninja kills it.
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
I purchased this for my son for Xmas as well. What a fun game!

The goal is to get 7 points or kill all the other ninjas. You earn points by moving your ninja into the other ninja's dojo and back to your own. But you must make it back to get the points. You get one point for ever space you infiltrate into your opponents dojo. Quick. Fun. Simple.

I think this will be a big hit at tourneys for in-between games games.
How long does a typical game take? I'm always looking for a quick game that can appeal to non-gamers.
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:50 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

The game takes about 15-20 min. But could take longer if both players play more defense and don't try to move in too deep to the other dojo.

A ninja is killed in two ways.

1. You are allowed to move 1 ninja into the neutral zone at a time. Once you are in the neutral zone you have 3 moves to go as deep as you can and then get out. The move into the neutral zone is move 1. if you do not get out in 3 moves then the ninja is removed from the game.

2. The second way you are killed is if an apposing ninja lands on your square. You cannot move through a ninja and to land on him for the kill it must be your last square of your move. For example if you roll a 5 then you can only land on a ninja that is 5 squares away.

There are some rules as to where you can move. You cannot move diagonally and you can only make one 90 degree move a turn.

Here is the short rulebook if you are interested.

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:12 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My son and I played a few games, speed-style. Each game took about 10 minutes and we were flying! Like ewabbie said, typical games are about 15-20.
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like a game worth trying out. Thanks for the responses.
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM

It's inexpensive as well. I picked it up for $19.99.
Old January 13th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just finished reading the rules. Interesting, fun light strategy game. I cannot wait to give this game a try! This weekend if not sooner.

Seeing online images of games can really throw scale for a loop, huh? I was imagining Ninja Versus Ninja to be a tiny game with a box volume like Red November or Colossal Arena. NVN's figures, dice, and board are actually quite large!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games