Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 18th, 2008, 08:25 AM

nelsopwns Woo who?
Re: Thoughts on wave nine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_of_the_elves View Post
Pirates, more giants, more trolls, more lava resistant figs, vampire squad, skeletons (archers and swordsmen and warlord), more gorilanators + hero, a vampire general, lots and lots of Aquaila units, and an Einar war elephant, dragon riders, and an elf riders squad. And an Aquaila flag.
We already have one of those....

Pwns is Zelrig in the
HURT/HEAL COMPETITION
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:52 AM

nelsopwns Woo who?

I have just 1 question, why are all of you guesstimations off storyline? How on this green earth will Utgar hold all four of them off now if he hardly has a part in the new wave?!?!?!?!?!?!? I really hope Utgar withstands this battle....

The best general=

Pwns is Zelrig in the
HURT/HEAL COMPETITION
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsopwns View Post
I have just 1 question, why are all of you guesstimations off storyline? How on this green earth will Utgar hold all four of them off now if he hardly has a part in the new wave?!?!?!?!?!?!? I really hope Utgar withstands this battle....

The best general=
Utgar has plenty of units, he doesn't need anymore right now.
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:15 AM

nelsopwns Woo who?

He might have a ton but if the otthers get a whole wave to themselves he's gonna have a problem.

Pwns is Zelrig in the
HURT/HEAL COMPETITION
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Oh! Utgar should get a Hitler with a Kato-like ability! hes already got a perfect setup, They never found his body.
I have to call you out publicly and ask WHY IN THE HELL you thought this was an appropriate comment?

Lately there have been post trying to link Scape/Valhalla to Nazis and now this "crap" This site is not the place for these views. If you do not agree with me then maybe you should look somewhere else to hang out.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

My Hopes:

Aquilla:

Kyrie Warrior Hero (male) with a Large Hammer or Axe.

Kyrie Squad with Pred Bonding and a Witchdoctor styled design.

Raptorians.

Mantis styled insect squad with Stealth Dodge or Vanish 12.

Mantis Styled insect Hero with Flying, Movement Bonding and Double Attack.

Timucua Indian squad

Vydar:

Kyrie Warrior Hero with a Guard Bonus

Stone Golem Squad with Hunter Bonding and a Stone Skin Ability.

Undead Mummy Squad with a sacrifice ability to keep Sudema on the field longer.

Ullar:

Ranged Flying Kyrie Warrior Squad that costs less than 180 pts,

The 9th Wizard

Einar:

I really can't think of anything, I mean they've pretty much given me everything I could ever want out of Einar (except the fact that the archers don't have crossbows, )

Jandar:

Vikings (no there aren't enough of them)

Utgar:

Vikings (see Jandar)

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

While I am on-board with all those who want to see the Protectors, Vydar's Kyrie, and the Kyrie heroes, I doubt we can expect all those anticipated units in a single wave.

It seems like the Protectors are what's imminent with the coming wave, and they will need a far better hero than Saylind. A flying squad's best hope isn't a figure who can summon them one at a time. Given the previous Kyrie squads' orientation around powers of 'repetition' (double skulls, double shields, and double attack), and given Ullar's fairly universal strength in the area of Movement (Vipers, Ullar's Amulet, Saylind, and now Emirroon), I would like a kyrie who gave them a chance at a 'Berserker Charge' sort of movement, which, partnered with the crossbows they're supposed to carry, would make them pretty dangerous.

I am always up for more kyrie heroes, and another like Kelda, with no specific synergies, only general ones, would be a welcome addition to the game.

I do hope that Wave 9 yields some unit(s) to augment Cyprien's army. I don't care if it's his skeleton soldiers or his long-lost Uncle, Fester Esenwein (*snap *snap). This isn't vital, but I wouldn't mind.

I believe the word was we were expecting Native American riders with the coming wave. I'm not sure if that's still the case. If it is, I can get excited for them. I only hope that they are a little heartier than the other two cavalry units, which I find to be a little flimsy for the price. If they do come out, I hope they have a hero in the hero pack, as they will be the first of their type.

I would love it if they helped out Spartacus with some Common Gladiators or the Gorillinators with . . . anything (Especially since my quick guess at the Protectors might make the 'nators completely obsolete).

Generally, I hope that whatever is released helps to augment previous units with new synergies. This doesn't mean that they have to be the same types of units that we've seen before (although I wouldn't mind another small Marro hero or some ranged Heavy Gruts). And, as always, in the end, as long as the game is prospering and growing, I will be happy with whatever units are released.

And the singles shall poureth forth from my wallet, revealing the cobwebs therebeneath. And the American economy shall be the better for it.

(/unusually long-winded speech by Spite)
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Oh! Utgar should get a Hitler with a Kato-like ability! hes already got a perfect setup, They never found his body.
This is really not appropriate for the game. It has been suggested before (not just Hitler, but Nazi soldiers), and it is a very touchy subject for many (including plenty of people on this board). It's best not to mention it, just as I wouldn't suggest incorporating the Taliban into the game.

That being said, I think we'll see a Kato/Ulginesh(/Ornak?)-type figure for each general, each functioning in its own way.
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
I think we'll see a Kato/Ulginesh(/Ornak?)-type figure for each general, each functioning in its own way.
I doubt it, and I really hope not.

I think the purpose of Kato and Ulginesh was to provide a unique type of bonding for their respective generals where none had existed before.

Jandar has human champion bonding and armies that synergize in multiple ways. Utgar has normal synergy among its orcs, and also synergies that heavily favors his uniques, like Utgar's Orders and Red Flag.

Einar had very little synergy, since it had a very large regiment of uniques. Kato turns those uniques into a cohesive army.

Emirroon does the same for the elves, which are certainly the focal point of Ullar's army as things currently stand.

Vydar has, um, Gorillinator Movement Bonding? Alright, I'll grant you we could stand to improve things there.

~Spite, who can't stop typing today
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought Wave 9 was gonna be the all-Doggin wave.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm... Thoughts about wave Nine,

I don't think I have any yet, I don't even have wave 8, and I stayed away form a majority of the spoilers so when I do finally come across it I will be pleasantly surprised and will play for months with the new units, and by the time they become so over played that I can recite their stats by heart, will I begin to wonder whats next? But until then, I appreciate what we were given.

DWARVES!
Old July 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Heroscape will never see Hitler, as the tone of the game would change from a light-hearted approach to warfare, to something far darker. Besides, Heroscape features those leaders who have supposedly seen battle, and to the best of my knowledge, Herr Douche never saw any.

But the whole Hitler/Nazi thing has come up before. While discussions of history are not taboo, one should be aware of the feelings one can arouse by throwing the name Hitler about (I shouldn't even need to say this). Such casual treatment is rather inconsiderate, and wanting Hitler to be made as a playable character casts a rather poor reflection on any gamer who desires it. Wanting to play historical scenarios is one thing, Heroscape is another.

That said, let's not do a dog-pile but rather just continue on with the interesting conversation still taking place.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion