Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 17th, 2020, 02:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

Hmm, most terrain has one effect total. I think we want to be careful not to get too complex here and think about what small grouping of things (three max) do the most to contribute to fun and thematic gameplay.

Ideally nothing would add too much complexity either, as elegance works best for such things, IMO. If you have to regularly consult a rulebook after the first use, things are going wrong.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2020, 02:38 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd want floating/drifting movement.

You can only move half your Move number normally. The last half has to be in straight line from the last two hexes moved from.

I may be the biggest fan of Knockback, and I feel like special Knockback rules may be the best way to impliment floating/drifting.

Because those who can fly, however that works, it allows them to will their bodies wherever they choose. Thus, Superman should be able to stop and change direction at will.

However, if Superman were knocked back with a Super Strength punch, he would continue in a straight line unless another force acts upon his movement.

What if, instead of counting Knockback spaces like normal, Knockback moves the defending figure as many spaces as possible, until it would stop and roll for knockback damage.

If edges are wrapped, unless there is a figure in the straight line between the two opposing figures, this would cause the defending figure to end up colliding with the attacking figure, therefore, there is no reason to worry about floating in a straight line into perpetuity.

Example shows Green Lantern attack a Yellow Lantern and causing Knockback.

Old January 17th, 2020, 02:49 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like infinite knockback in space! However, I don't like wrapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 17th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm honestly flattered by the response to these ideas.

I could see wrapping being saved for Dr. Strange Realm/Ditko Art themed terrain or maps.
Old January 17th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Knockback quite a bit and usually use it in my own games with myself. However, most games I play these days are for playtesting, where I usually don't feel Knockback is appropriate.

To that end (that it's an optional ruleset that many don't use and isn't usually taken into consideration in playtesting/balancing) I'm not sure it needs to be a "main" effect of the cosmic terrain. However, I think it would be cool to have a little sidenote in either the Cosmic Terrain rules or Knockback rules that says "Hey, if you're playing with both these rulesets you can play it like this as well!" It's a fun thematic addition to how Knockback works. Cool idea!
Old January 17th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Casing the Corners

That's fair!

Idk if non-flying movement was determined, aside from movement stopping upon entering a cosmic space.
But I could see non-flying movement, starting on cosmic spaces, as being counted the same as flying (in 2's), but only in straight lines, which maybe has already been suggested.

EDIT
Also, perhaps they MUST move in a straight line the maximum number of movement allowed to them, until/unless entering a non-cosmic space.
Old January 17th, 2020, 04:36 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree with saving the "wrapping/warping" effect for an alternate realm type of terrain (and really like the idea for that. Maybe a "Mirror World" map?).

Upon more thinking about the height advantage thing, I like the theme of the idea, but in reality I think removing the potential for height advantage from maps makes maps feel a bit more static and less tactically interesting, which can already be a problem on vast space maps.

I'm thinking right now that I'd want to implement two types of things for Cosmic spaces:

1. A movement effect that possibly only affects non-fliers (fliers and non-fliers should definitely feel different in space). My favorite right now is probably the "have to move in straight lines in space. They're still as speedy, but less in control.

2. A damage power to represent the effects of exposure that's minimal for figures with Super Strength and more brutal for figures without it. I'm thinking something like auto wound at the end of the round for SS figures on Cosmic Spaces and auto wound at the end of each turn for non-SS figures on Cosmic Spaces. But that might be too brutal.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2020, 04:47 PM
Casing the Corners

"have to move in straight lines in space. They're still as speedy, but less in control."

Just to re-iterate, because my edits sometimes get lost in notifications, in order to further accentuate the lack of control, non-fliers MUST move in a straight line the maximum number of movement allowed to them, until/unless entering a non-cosmic space.

Because Supes, Silver Surfer, GL's and others taking wounds from space stands out to *so many, I think figures with SS should roll defense dice against the end-of-round cosmic attack dice. That way, these characters are less likely to take the wounds they probably wouldn't take in the comics, and I think it might be more fun than having these characters slowly dying at the end of every round.

EDIT
*So many, not everyone, I shouldn't speak for everyone.

I also think lava is more caustic to superheroes than space, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by toyhandle; January 17th, 2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old January 17th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I agree with saving the "wrapping/warping" effect for an alternate realm type of terrain (and really like the idea for that. Maybe a "Mirror World" map?).

Would be a fun challenge to make some Ditko inspired terrain. I suppose so many maps are symetrical enough already, it could be a rule for some scenario of a Mirror World.

Or, perhaps a special ability, a character whose attacks always include knockback + wrapping. Could end up with scenes similar to the Dr. Strange scene in Thor Ragnarok, with Thor and Loki being displaced constantly, but more antagonistic.
Old January 17th, 2020, 05:46 PM

Rather than auto wounds it could be an unblockable (which is essentially rolling defense against it).

Old January 17th, 2020, 06:17 PM
Casing the Corners

Is there a hard fast rule that terrain effects are either D20, auto, or unblockable?

Defense dice may be a good way of showing that space doesn't affect every superhero equally. I know these are anecdotal, but Supes and Surfer would probably last, Hulk can probably hold his breath, Spidey probably wouldn't do so hot in space, IM probably has some space-defense built into his suit, etc. I think it fits thematically for this unique terrain, which is its own arena of sorts.
Old January 17th, 2020, 06:20 PM

There's not, but there's also no precedent of rolling defense dice against anything other than an attack. That's not to say we couldn't go there. I'm not convinced it's the most elegant approach, though. I suppose it's at least something to consider.

Would defense modifiers come into play?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library