Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 18th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nemesis - Breathing Period

I would rather not have an attack or auto-wound for LotF, though that does more closely match the way it is used in the comics. I will have to see if I can find when Deadlock uses it and for what purpose.
I really like the distraction aspect of the current version. I think it nicely reflects being assaulted by a swarm of flies but I am open to suggestions.
Most of all I want the spell in any form as it is iconic for the character.

For the SI. Ronin posted a Nemesis that has no SI. Does that character have an SI? If so we should pass that on to Ronin and it solves the problem here.
I would still love to use the current SI.

Looks like the consensus is to drop Levitation in favor of Fly.
That is cool. I suppose we could always revisit it later.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

If he uses the flies offensively in the comics, then that's how he should use them here.

Betraying the theme of the comics just because it doesn't sound quite as cool sounds like a bad idea to me. Plus, there are plenty of ways to make an interesting offensive spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks like the consensus is to drop Levitation in favor of Fly.
I'm a little confused by this. My vote was to simply change the current spell to:

Quote:
LEVITATION
Common Spell
Cost ???

Before moving, this figure may cast this spell to gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn.
Not that I want to see the spell cut entirely.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I agree that just saying 'use flying' is much cleaner and a simpler set of mechanics that would achieve the same result. I just would add one line that limits how far they can move. Levitation is generally just straight up or down as far as one needs to go rather than flying over mountains or canyons.

LEVITATION
Common Spell
Cost ???

Before moving, this figure may cast this spell to gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn. If they do, reduce their move number by 3 for this turn.
Old January 18th, 2017, 01:57 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Like I stated before he uses LotF to kill an old woman in her sleep and to defeat Torq's Warlock-proof armor. If anyone can come up with a power that accurately reflects both those aspects, I would love to see some suggestions.

Killing an old woman in here sleep does not really translate to me as a very strong attack.
A likely reason why Nemesis never uses the flies in a distracting manner is he does not face that many ranged enemies. The Terminators are mainly hand to hand fighters.

Perhaps he uses the flies in a new/different way in some of the more recent comics.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 18th, 2017, 02:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Defeating armor sounds like an auto-wounding power. I really like the distraction aspect though, I can see a big swarm of flies surrounding one person and irritating them in such a way to prevent them from concentrating long enough to pull up a good shot at long range. Really they could be a pretty big issue when trying to fight in hand to hand combat too, with them biting you and flying into your mouth/nose/ears. I'm not sure if that is enough to auto-wound a superman type figure though so instead maybe a defense reduction to go along with the range reduction. Killing an old woman in her sleep does not really translate over to active combat with a superhero so I wouldn't put much stock in the killing aspect of the flies for our game.

LORD OF THE FLIES
Unique Spell
Cost ???
Instead of moving, if this figure is a Sorcerer, this figure may cast this spell. Choose a figure within 8 clear sight spaces of this figure. Until the end of the round, the chosen figure subtracts 4 from their Range number and 2 from their Defense number to a minimum of 1. This effect may be ended early if the affected figure starts or ends it's turn on a blue water tile.
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:17 PM

I like that for Levitation YK.
Does that work for everyone?
LEVITATION
Common Spell
Cost ???

Before moving, this figure may cast this spell to gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn. If they do, reduce their move number by 3 for this turn.

I have a feeling that LotF suggestion is not going to pass the group. May have to poll that one out. I may post the spell in the Danger Room for some more feedback.
I am going to see if I can locate the comic where Deadlock summons flying insects and see how he uses them.
Having trouble locating my Nemesis comics for some reason. Must have stashed them somewhere last time I was working on the design. More Khaos.

I was recently reading a history written by one of the 2000AD writers and he confirms that Nemesis and Deadlock are the same entity in two forms.
Pretty cool. I will definitely try to make a Ritual Spell for them if I ever get to a Deadlock LD.

If anyone else has any suggestions for Lord of the Flies, please post them!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 18th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

On board with that version of Levitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
If he uses the flies offensively in the comics, then that's how he should use them here.

Betraying the theme of the comics just because it doesn't sound quite as cool sounds like a bad idea to me. Plus, there are plenty of ways to make an interesting offensive spell.

I like Viegon's suggestion for LotF. Or, brainstorming, something like:
Quote:
LORD OF THE FLIES
Unique Spell
Cost ???
Instead of moving, if this figure is a Warlock, this figure may cast this spell. Choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure. For the remainder of the round, after the chosen figure takes a turn, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Levitation looks great actually.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 20th, 2017, 03:16 PM

Cool.
Looks like we are getting close.

I have been re-reading my Nemesis comics and it has been enlightening.
There is no doubt his race is Warlock, as it is referenced often. I did find mention of his homeworld though I doubt that will be useful.

The female Warlocks(stronger than the males) do indeed have mystical abilities. In fact Thoth's mother gives Thoth her power to increase his magical might beyond even the level of Nemesis.

I still want to use the version of LotF in the SP. After seeing it again in the comics I do not see it as a stretch at all and has some nice theme to it.
I will see if I can post some images so you can get a better idea.

Nemesis uses a vast array of spells and I look forward to developing some of them in the future. He is also immune to fire but I do not want to squeeze that in for a fourth power unless folks really want to. I would prefer a possible Lava Resistance spell in the future.

Levitation is an absolute staple for Nemesis, he uses it at will. So I was thinking maybe we could make it a little better for him.
LEVITATION
Common Spell
Cost ???

Before moving, this figure may cast this spell to gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn. If they do, reduce their move number by 3(or even 2) for this turn. If the caster is a Sorceror do not discard this spell card.

That way he can keep using Levitation for one low cost. We can bump up the cost of Nemesis if need be. Let me know what you all think.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Seems okay to me. Although it could be argued we just give him flying if he uses it all the time and at will. A bunch of the units we have now that have flying don't really fly in the same sense Superman does but can use their powers in a way that allows them to essentially fly when they need to. If you still want a levitation spell in general, you could make one that a spell caster could cast on either themselves or an ally. That would make it more interesting from a tactical stand point.

Also on the Lava Resistance power, I don't see how that would be a very good spell unless it was something you cast at the start of the game and it remained in effect for the whole game. It is too bad we don't have a Lava Resistance symbol because I agree including the power isn't worth taking up the space on this card, even though having him immune to Mystic Flames would be thematically correct.
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool.
Looks like we are getting close.

I have been re-reading my Nemesis comics and it has been enlightening.
There is no doubt his race is Warlock, as it is referenced often. I did find mention of his homeworld though I doubt that will be useful.

The female Warlocks(stronger than the males) do indeed have mystical abilities. In fact Thoth's mother gives Thoth her power to increase his magical might beyond even the level of Nemesis.

I still want to use the version of LotF in the SP. After seeing it again in the comics I do not see it as a stretch at all and has some nice theme to it.
I will see if I can post some images so you can get a better idea.

Nemesis uses a vast array of spells and I look forward to developing some of them in the future. He is also immune to fire but I do not want to squeeze that in for a fourth power unless folks really want to. I would prefer a possible Lava Resistance spell in the future.

Levitation is an absolute staple for Nemesis, he uses it at will. So I was thinking maybe we could make it a little better for him.
LEVITATION
Common Spell
Cost ???

Before moving, this figure may cast this spell to gain the Flying special power until the end of its turn. If they do, reduce their move number by 3(or even 2) for this turn. If the caster is a Sorceror do not discard this spell card.

That way he can keep using Levitation for one low cost. We can bump up the cost of Nemesis if need be. Let me know what you all think.
Reduced their number BY 3 or TO 3. I was under the assumption it was TO 3 so it worked more like the Leap and Swingline type powers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:27 PM

Yes, reduce it to 2 or 3, not by.

I was originally going to give him Flying. If we want to go that route then I would reduce his Move to 5.
That would make him a bit easier to test.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library