Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old March 20th, 2010, 11:46 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Glory to Rome Being Reprinted

As a heads up, it looks like Glory to Rome is finally getting reprinted and can be Pre-Ordered at Thoughthammer.

Due to its limited supply, not a lot of people have had a chance to play this game but it is amazing and accordingly has many at BGG quite excited.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Glory to Rome Being Reprinted

I headed over to BGG to see what this game is about, and at a glance it seems intriguing.

You (and folks on the Glory To Rome BGG page) say that it is better than Dominion, but would you say it is as easy to teach someone? Most of my game group is not looking for very complicated games. They are big fans of Settlers and Dominion, but I'd like to pick this one up to if it is as good as you say.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Glory to Rome Being Reprinted

I think that Glory to Rome does have a steeper learning curve than Dominion since it is less intuitive initially. In my experience, some people take a little while getting used to the fact that each card can serve 3 different purposes (as a building, as a material, or as a role).

Some people also complain about the game's cartoony artwork. Personally I like the cartoony style and care more about the game play but one of the most common compaints other than a slightly higher learning curve is the artwork.

I would recommend checking out some of the reviews that cover the game play if you are concerned about your group being able to learn it quickly enough although I do not think it is that complicated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games