Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 13th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

I like it but would lower his attack and defense one each to account for the impact of his powers and his reasonable power level compared to superheroes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 13th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Attack 2 sounds pretty pathetic... honestly, his stats look fine to me. Puts him about on the level of the scrappier, unpowered, street-level crime fighters, which seems about right. At most I could see a drop to 3 defence.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I have to agree with LO on this one. I gave him range 5 to indicate he has a gun, I feel like that should justify 3 attack for the most part.
Old December 13th, 2018, 01:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Whip Crack 5 makes him functionally 4 attack, though, more or less.

What cost would you folks say he's coming in at right now?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 13th, 2018, 01:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

4 Attack still isn't beyond reasonably solid normal human standards, and well below the best of the best, plus -1 Defence isn't as good as +1 attack anyway (unless you're attacking someone with a power like Speed Dodge or Blubber, when it's arguably better) since each die has three skulls to only two shields, and Indy's only getting that bonus at short range and it has an (admittedly low, but existent) 20% chance of failing - it feels perfectly justifiable for Indy to have 3 plus Whip Crack, to me. Treasure Hunter is a decent utility power at times, but nothing that special, Whip Crack doesn't really help push his attack up beyond average and Lucky Defence, while it'll help keep him alive, will only do so much for someone at 4/4 Life and Defence. He's looking low 100s to me right now, around 120-140 range, which feels about right. I feel if you nerf him any more, he'll just feel disappointing.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 13th, 2018, 02:02 PM

I could see the character being in the 60-120 range in a combat game. Other than bringing a gun to a knife fight, he doesn't really have much in the way of memorable combat scenes or notable combat prowess. He mostly just solves puzzles, cracks one liners, and runs away.

Old December 13th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think 100-120 is the perfect range. He’s a pretty decent brawler (able to go up against a few guys at once), is smart, and has luck on his side. I’d certainly say he’s as good as Lady Blackhawk, who is at 110. I’m sure Adventurer synergy will drive him up a bit too.
Old December 13th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Hard as ice

Can't say with too much specificity (it's been a while since I've seen the films) but he seems like far too iconic a character to be a damp squib, able to avoid some damage but barely ever able to achieve anything. Are we missing something? Is the design missing a way to be effective outside combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think 100-120 is the perfect range. He’s a pretty decent brawler (able to go up against a few guys at once), is smart, and has luck on his side. I’d certainly say he’s as good as Lady Blackhawk, who is at 110. I’m sure Adventurer synergy will drive him up a bit too.
I'd agree with this certainly - 2 attack still feels far too low for him, to me, that falls into 'non-combatant' level, not 'decent brawler'. I'm just wondering if he's missing a way to have an impact outside punching and shooting people.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 13th, 2018, 02:17 PM

I think 110 would work fine for him. I could see 3 defense and keeping attack as is. I'm just thinking of the potential longterm of selling him to the larger group, and not letting him feel overpowered compared to superheroes will be part of that pitch, I think.

Old December 13th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Hard as ice

I reckon if you put him next to the likes of Nite Owl, Silk Spectre, Rorschach etc., he's pretty much good as is, at least on the combat front - just because someone doesn't put on a costume doesn't mean they should be underplayed next to those who do. I still wonder if he's missing something to distinguish him outside that, though.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 13th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Just A Head

I think Indy is someone who can go up against a much larger force and still come out standing, but I don’t see him as someone who could defeat that whole force. I feel like that’s portrayed here, but it’s ultimately a combat game. The only way I can think of to fully capture the Indy feel is to give him some greater non-combat goal at the start of the game (like giving the enemy an artifact e-glyph) then having him want to obtain that goal (picking up the glyph) more than he wants to fight. But personally that would just seem too complicated to me.
Old December 13th, 2018, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I think he has uncanny survivability more than anything. Rorschach would soundly beat him in a fight, IMO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy