Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old June 21st, 2007, 08:36 AM

aielman has disabled reputation
Dr Doom Mind Exchange Idea

I just realized, the card doesn't specify who you can use the Mind control on. Friendly, opponent, your own, as long as its a hero it looks like its fair game . That presents some awesome oppritunities in my book
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:39 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Dr Doom Mind Exchange Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by aielman
I just realized, the card doesn't specify who you can use the Mind control on. Friendly, opponent, your own, as long as its a hero it looks like its fair game . That presents some awesome oppritunities in my book
Congratulations you've just passed Army Card Literacy 101...
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:41 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Yeah, that's true. Though not as useful as, say, Red Skull in Army Mobilization, it could be used as a last ditch, or a feint. You move out Dr. Doom as a chance to give Red Skull an extra turn, and then you use Dr. Doom, and use him to give Red Skull an extra turn...

Wow, that sounds really fun, actually. TAG TEAM'D!
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Yeah, that's true. Though not as useful as, say, Red Skull in Army Mobilization, it could be used as a last ditch, or a feint. You move out Dr. Doom as a chance to give Red Skull an extra turn, and then you use Dr. Doom, and use him to give Red Skull an extra turn...

Sorry, they already thought of that. Read Red Skull's card again:

Quote:
Master Manipulator After revealing an Order Marker on Red Skull's card...
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:55 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:

Quote:
BLAST! Foiled again...
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
BLAST! Foiled again...
You get an F in Army Card Literacy 101. You can retake the class next semester. :P
Old June 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Use Mind Control to move your opponent's hero into lava.

Old June 29th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Naw the closest you could get for the tag team would be to Dr. Doom your opponents Dr. Doom, personally I would just stick with the snakes, but its recommended that we don't mix.

My question is, if I take control of an opponents figure, make it run away from my other figures, do I still get to roll the disengage attacks?

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.
Old June 29th, 2007, 05:59 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb Dwarf
Naw the closest you could get for the tag team would be to Dr. Doom your opponents Dr. Doom, personally I would just stick with the snakes, but its recommended that we don't mix.

My question is, if I take control of an opponents figure, make it run away from my other figures, do I still get to roll the disengage attacks?
Not sure. This will probably be one of the first rule questions brought up after release. I'm guessing the figure will be considered friendly to your troops and you can't roll disengagement, but hostile to his former teammates who could (but don't have to if they don't want to). That's just my opinion, as anything else makes Doom a little crazy powerful (you'd get 3 unblockable dice against an adjacent figure), but I don't think its a question we can correctly answer at this time.
Old June 30th, 2007, 09:24 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb Dwarf

Not sure. This will probably be one of the first rule questions brought up after release. I'm guessing the figure will be considered friendly to your troops and you can't roll disengagement, but hostile to his former teammates who could (but don't have to if they don't want to). That's just my opinion, as anything else makes Doom a little crazy powerful (you'd get 3 unblockable dice against an adjacent figure), but I don't think its a question we can correctly answer at this time.
I don't think you can roll disengagement against the Doom target. The card says that at the end of the turn control of the target figure returns to the original player...which would seem to indicate that during the turn the target is treated as under the Doom player's control. You can't take passing swipes at figures you control, therefore no pasing swips can be taken at Doom's target.
Old June 30th, 2007, 10:54 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
So I can attack figures I control, but I can't take passing swipes at them?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 30th, 2007, 03:07 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Yep jcb231 is correct. The rule book says a figure becomes adjacent when it moves adjacent to an opponent's figure. Later it says you may take a passing swipe when a figure leaves engagement. So yeah you can attack figures you control, but you can't get swipe at em for free. Darn no jumpstarting Krug.

Playing Devil's advocate here, but I am looking for all the possible abuses on these cards so...

Since I am assuming you gain ownership of the target temporarily, and the Order Markers remain on the card, does that mean that you can look at them?

If I dont have ownership, then that would leave the figure as my opponent's letting me make him run away from my small horde.

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion