Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 6th, 2018, 12:48 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Zatanna (II) (Breathing)

I think we could probably put in a 4th short simple power since the card as a whole feels really simple as-is, but here's where we're at:
Quote:
MISTRESS OF MAGIC
After a friendly figure within 4 spaces of Zatanna rolls combat dice, defense dice, or attack dice for a normal attack, you may change one die rolled to a blank.

TRAP DOOR TELEPORTATION
Instead of taking a turn with Zatanna, you may choose a single spaced Unique Hero you control. Immediately switch Zatanna and the chosen Hero, and take a turn with the chosen Hero. Figures switched by Trap Door Teleportation never take any leaving engagement attacks.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Zatanna is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Zatanna can take for this attack is one.
Possible 4th power:
Quote:
ELEMENTAL CONTROL
Start the game with an ice, molten lava, shadow, and swamp water tile on this card. Instead of attacking, you may remove a tile from this card and place it on any empty land space within 4 spaces of Zatanna, if the tile fits normally onto that space.

Last edited by Arkham; November 6th, 2018 at 01:14 AM.
Old November 6th, 2018, 01:28 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
If we want to do something that helps the JL Dark without being too over-the-top, what about something like this?

Quote:
When a friendly figure within X clear sight spaces of Zatanna rolls defense dice or attack dice for a normal attack, you may choose one die that does not show a blank and change the result to a blank.
Doesn't seem like much at first, but it feels magic-y to me, and it gives her synergies with figures that have blanks-as-skulls and blanks-as-shields effects. The former includes Frank and Zauriel, and the latter the Kryptonians, so there's some JL Dark and broader JL implications.

It could also be nice for Undead Resilience types (which again includes Frank) - there are times when you might actually want to take a shield away from them to bump them from taking 1 wound to 2, so that they'll heal off the damage.
Nice. I like these more subtle synergies.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:18 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

The blank power is awesome! That's a stellar way to get the JLD integrated without removing her stand-alone play ability. For that reason, she may want to be able to affect enemies as well, as Arkha's saying. I love Elemental Control, but I have a soft spot for terrain changing powers.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:14 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm open to ideas on a 4th power if we leave things as-is, keeping her blank power to allies only.

My concern is she has Magical Defense, a passive ally only power that's limited in what figures it helps, and a teleportation power that's instead of taking a turn with her. The concern being, she has no real reason to take a turn, and I feel she lacks her pizzazz of her own to use. Hence throwing around different elements. That said, even the elements won't always come in handy, so I could see a different power entirely.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
...I'm liking a focus on her personality as a zany magician. If we don't go with any sort of JLD synergy, I'd prefer to further play that up. Her first card was showing her power, this one I like being a bit more on the playful side. Personality over strength type of feel.

I feel like anybody who has gone up against Zatanna I, you fear her negation and once negated, you're left bummed. As the person playing her, that's really your main objective is to cripple your opponents by removing markers and negating etc. I'd like this one to elicit more of a "woah, that's cool" reaction.
What about tapping into the zany magician bucket you mentioned earlier. Not necessarily tie yourself into the elemental thing. Is there something else you can think of here?

What's some examples of zany that you could envision?

Just trying to make sure we are all working off the same definition of zany magician.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 6th, 2018, 03:14 PM

When I think zany, I'm thinking of her turning people into rabbits, bullets into airplanes etc. That's the type of stuff I think about when I think of Zatanna. There are several magic users out there, but I associate those sort of stage magic tricks and illusions to her.

The reason I specifically thought of the elements is this line:
Quote:
During a portion of her initial tenure with the Justice League, her powers were more limited, consisting in the manipulation of fire, air, water, and earth.
Since I was going for a less devastating Zatanna, and the mini and art was going for a classic Justice League/stage magician theme, I wanted the powers to stay in line with what you'd generally see in a magic show.

Rabbits out of a hat
Sleight of Hand
Disappearing acts
Changing one object or element into another
Trap doors
Hypnosis
Mind Reading

I like the over the top flare for this design. So whatever we go with for #4, keeping it simple and short, I'd want it to be something along those lines. Something fun and useful for her specifically rather than it being support based.
Old November 6th, 2018, 05:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would make the blank power a once per round deal, makes it more strategic and ensures she doesn't just give the Flash a blank on every single defense roll until she dies.
Old November 6th, 2018, 07:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

RABBIT OUT OF A HAT
Before attacking with Zatanna, you may guess how many blanks will be rolled. After rolling attack dice and applying any special powers, if you guessed correctly, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Here's an idea for a simple magic-type power that utilizes blanks.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 7th, 2018, 01:02 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
RABBIT OUT OF A HAT
Before attacking with Zatanna, you may guess how many blanks will be rolled. After rolling attack dice and applying any special powers, if you guessed correctly, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Here's an idea for a simple magic-type power that utilizes blanks.
That power is really sweet and I hope we use it somewhere if not here.
Old November 7th, 2018, 01:13 AM

If we extended her blank power to herself I could see that being fun. Though I’m not entirely sure on the auto skull being the benefit. I think something flashier or grander could be cool.
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:56 PM

Rather than once per round, I like a d20 roll requirement here to keep it in check. With us building the faction with powers that revolve around blanks, I'd prefer not to make it only once per round that the benefit is seen. I also like having a d20 roll aspect on her to provide the natural tie with Constantine and JL Batman.

As for the Rabbit out of the Hat power, rather than the guessing game, which I think is more of a gambler power, so I'd rather save it for a gambling centered character, I like the blanks mattering here. So how about sleight of hand representation, showing off her quickness and misdirection, resulting in her wounding her opponent without them even being able to defend it.

Quote:
Zatanna is a skilled illusionist, showgirl and stage magician even without resorting to her innate magical powers. In fact she considers part of her "training" exercising sleight of hand tricks, and she claims to have invented a variation of the three-card monte called the "Zatara shuffle", in which she is so fast and precise that, even without resorting to cheating, only skilled gamblers like Selina Kyle are able to follow the movements of her hands.
I'm thinking this is a fun direction:
Quote:
MISTRESS OF MAGIC
After Zatanna or a friendly figure within 7 clear sight spaces of Zatanna rolls combat dice, defense dice, or attack dice for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 7 or higher, change one die rolled to a blank.

TRAP DOOR TELEPORTATION
Instead of taking a turn with Zatanna, you may choose a single spaced Unique Hero you control. Immediately switch Zatanna and the chosen Hero, and take a turn with the chosen Hero. Figures switched by Trap Door Teleportation never take any leaving engagement attacks.

ZATARA SHUFFLE
When attacking with Zatanna's normal attack, if she rolls more blanks than the defending figure, the defending figure immediately receives one wound.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Zatanna is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Zatanna can take for this attack is one.
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:05 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Rather than once per round, I like a d20 roll requirement here to keep it in check. With us building the faction with powers that revolve around blanks, I'd prefer not to make it only once per round that the benefit is seen. I also like having a d20 roll aspect on her to provide the natural tie with Constantine and JL Batman.

As for the Rabbit out of the Hat power, rather than the guessing game, which I think is more of a gambler power, so I'd rather save it for a gambling centered character, I like the blanks mattering here. So how about sleight of hand representation, showing off her quickness and misdirection, resulting in her wounding her opponent without them even being able to defend it.

Quote:
Zatanna is a skilled illusionist, showgirl and stage magician even without resorting to her innate magical powers. In fact she considers part of her "training" exercising sleight of hand tricks, and she claims to have invented a variation of the three-card monte called the "Zatara shuffle", in which she is so fast and precise that, even without resorting to cheating, only skilled gamblers like Selina Kyle are able to follow the movements of her hands.
I'm thinking this is a fun direction:
Quote:
MISTRESS OF MAGIC
After Zatanna or a friendly figure within 7 clear sight spaces of Zatanna rolls combat dice, defense dice, or attack dice for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 7 or higher, change one die rolled to a blank.

TRAP DOOR TELEPORTATION

ZATARA SHUFFLE
When attacking with Zatanna's normal attack, if she rolls more blanks than the defending figure, the defending figure immediately receives one wound.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
That's actually pretty cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library