Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK ... if you don't see that they're separate games, I think you might have an anti-intelligence bias.
Tell me you didn't just insult me over my opinions about Heroscape.
Well this is certainly fun.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Settle down guys...

And honestly, don't you guys remember goal #1?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=1359

Even though you guys may have broken your own rules, I plan to make things as compatible as possible. Why restrict the amount of figures you can play?

And I'm currently trying to make a XMen/Valhalla crossover campaign, just to prove you guys all wrong.

...Okay, I just thought it'd be fun. But proving you wrong is a little added bonus
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm...I didn't know people took the word "bias" as an insult. I apologize then.

I very much disagree with making C3G standalone. It's all Heroscape and to try to keep this part separate from that part just seems silly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:10 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Settle down guys...

Even though you guys may have broken your own rules, I plan to make things as compatible as possible. Why restrict the amount of figures you can play?

And I'm currently trying to make a XMen/Valhalla crossover campaign, just to prove you guys all wrong.

...Okay, I just thought it'd be fun. But proving you wrong is a little added bonus
Well our two games are compatible because they use the same game system, just like the Classic system is compatible with the Marvel system.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Settle down guys...

Well our two games are compatible because they use the same game system, just like the Classic system is compatible with the Marvel system.
Let me clarify in the way the official respond; The two games are compatible meaning that they can be played together, but it is not recommended.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Apology accepted and I apologize for throwing out an insult of my own. It's not the way to come to any sort of an agreement here, so I apologize for that.
Lord Pyre does make a good point about our priorities, and I certainly want to stay within a compatible system and make sure that people can play C3G stuff alongside official stuff. I have no issues with people mixing things, even if I did have different ideas about the possibility of being completely compatible when those standards were written (back before I truly understood that official Marvel Heroscape and official Heroscape are not even truly compatible with each other).
That said, there are more things on that list of priorities, such as: "2) For each custom design to accurately reflect the selected theme and to maintain a comic book style and thematic feel to its design."
To me, having specific, named synergies with a figure from Valhalla or the Dungeons and Dragons universe, is a massive theme break and a breakaway from comic book style. It's the same reason Sentinels are not listed as Soulborgs. It'd certainly make things more compatible with the official game, but it'd be 100% inaccurate thematically and it would break away from the comic book style.
We've chosen not to give Valhalla General designations to our Super Heroes and as part of that, I believe, we've chosen to create a thematically separate universe, such as the official designers did when they designed Marvel Heroscape. Referencing specific cards from a thematically separate universe is a huge theme break and an aesthetic break on the whole.
I'm actually a tad in disbelief that you guys don't realize this already without me explaining it, which is one excuse for my lack of impatience. It was still uncalled for, but hopefully this post helps you better understand where I'm coming from.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Settle down guys...

Let me clarify in the way the official respond; The two games are compatible meaning that they can be played together, but it is not recommended.
But is playing together opposed? Is it a neither-for-nor-against, or is it a firm stance against it? Because the former I can get behind, but the latter I have a bit of a problem with.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:16 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would you be against using the Greater Ice Elemental figure for a C3G Ice Construct card?

Quote:
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I understand in this case, Bats, that naming it WOULD be odd, but honestly, like it was said earlier, we're custom creators!!! Who cares?! If an official figure is perfect to go with a C3G in terms of synergy, why not use it other than a little odd theme? An Ice Elemental is hardly strictly D&D anyway, it's just a hunk of ice. If it was a Drow, that's a different story.

And besides, I'm really looking forward to a Bucky sidekick C3G figure that can be a sidekick to Drake. Because that'd be awesome. (AND thematic. Heck, Drake could've fought with Cap and Bucky in WWII, for all we know )

(My goodness, new ideas for my scenario! :O )
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:22 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Would you be against using the Greater Ice Elemental figure for a C3G Ice Construct card?
Bats has ideas for using the Phantom Knights with Green Lanterns, so he'd better not say no.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lord Pyre again.

Quote:
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I have plenty of Greater Ice Elemental figures I'm not using for anything else, so I wouldn't mind using the figure for a C3G card ... not a "construct" though. We've established that constructs, for C3G, are things made by Green and Yellow Lanterns.
Also, I don't think that it's iconic for Ice to create constructs, so it wouldn't make sense in association with that card. It might on another, though.

Quote:
I understand in this case, Bats, that naming it WOULD be odd, but honestly, like it was said earlier, we're custom creators!!! Who cares?! If an official figure is perfect to go with a C3G in terms of synergy, why not use it other than a little odd theme? An Ice Elemental is hardly strictly D&D anyway, it's just a hunk of ice. If it was a Drow, that's a different story.

And besides, I'm really looking forward to a Bucky sidekick C3G figure that can be a sidekick to Drake. Because that'd be awesome. (AND thematic. Heck, Drake could've fought with Cap and Bucky in WWII, for all we know )

(My goodness, new ideas for my scenario! :O )
I care. A certain level of thematic accuracy is needed for this project to be worthwhile. Could we give Superman a Tear Gas Fart Special Attack? Heck yeah. Could be fun and playable and we're just a bunch of custom designers anyway, right? Could we give Iron Man figure bonding with Agent Carr? Sure we could. Agents exist in Iron Man's universe, and isn't Agent Carr a heck of a lot like Nick Fury (bald dome and all)? But ... Agent Carr fights for Vydar in Valhalla and comes from an alternate version of Earth. And Superman doesn't get Tear Gas Farts unless he's eaten a bunch of Tear Gas Casserole the night before (which is not at all thematic).
So there's a lot of stuff we could do willy nilly under the banner of "hey, it's a custom project, why not?" But, frankly, therein lies the road to crap.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy