Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

Yep.
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:29 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Has anyone ever noticed that the smaller the rep is the more satisfying. The small reppers are your peers, unadulterated by 12 bars of rep. They are still earning their wings, they are there with you and for you. They keep you going and push you up. You big guys can neg rep me all day as long as the little guy keeps approving.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:13 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Question Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
The default Reputation level for every member at registration is zero (0). Site Supporters are given a one-time double-boon of 20 points the first time they become Site Supporters. Everybody starts from ground zero, ...unless you're willing to help pay the bills a little. ^_~
I have one question about the rep system. In the quote above, it says that site supporters are given 20 points of rep when they first become site supporters. I have recently became a site supporter, but haven't gotten any extra rep. So, I was wondering if there is a reason for this, or if this rule has been changed at all. If you could, please clarify this for me.
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Quote:
The default Reputation level for every member at registration is zero (0). Site Supporters are given a one-time double-boon of 20 points the first time they become Site Supporters. Everybody starts from ground zero, ...unless you're willing to help pay the bills a little. ^_~
I have one question about the rep system. In the quote above, it says that site supporters are given 20 points of rep when they first become site supporters. I have recently became a site supporter, but haven't gotten any extra rep. So, I was wondering if there is a reason for this, or if this rule has been changed at all. If you could, please clarify this for me.
I'm actually wondering the same thing. I never got mine either, and I became a SS in January.
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'm actually wondering the same thing. I never got mine either, and I became a SS in January.
Check the very first post you made on the forums. When I became a SS, that post got repped.
Old August 21st, 2010, 04:59 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Check the very first post you made on the forums. When I became a SS, that post got repped.
Huh. I never saw it in my CP thing. But it is there.

Thanks dok!
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Question Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

I just checked it. I didn't see any rep for that post. Does anyone know why that may be?
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I just checked it. I didn't see any rep for that post. Does anyone know why that may be?
I know that LordRaidor was running the utility that adds in the Site Supporter bonus only about once a week some time ago. He may be running it even less frequently now. I do know that the bonus isn't added automatically, but a utility has to be run (or maybe it can be done by hand) for the bonus to be added.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, last I knew it ran once a week. The way it runs, the rep appears back in time, which may be why Sujoah never saw his.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:04 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
SS Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
...Check the very first post you made on the forums. When I became a SS, that post got repped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
...I do know that the bonus isn't added automatically, but a utility has to be run (or maybe it can be done by hand) for the bonus to be added.
dok and the Rev are both correct. There is a maintenance utility run periodically (usually by Xotli) which 'cleans' the REP tables. When this utility runs, it makes sure that each Site Supporter has 20 rep added to their very first post in the forums (ever). You don't have your SS REP yet (Fen_Hydra) because the utility hasn't been run since you became a Site Supporter.

It will show up the next time the utiliy is cycled - give it a week or two.

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:36 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker
Exclamation Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

I'm confused.

I've been neg repped by a nameless someone who simply doesn't like my opinion.
I'm not allowed to complain about this neg rep I've received.

I'm pretty sure that this doesn't encourage a diversity of opinions.
Why do you want to create a site where everyone gets trained to agree with each other... or else?
It's not as if the rep system doesn't have ramifications - according to this post you can get ignored or banned based on it.

In self defense mode:
Yes, I'm sure this point has been made a million times.
Please do not attack me (again) for expressing my opinion.
I'm not asking a question, therefore I don't need to use the search function to find an answer, thanks.

I fail to see what this site gains by having the negative aspect of the rep system (apart from elitism, division, a lack of diversity, and conflict) that can't be acheived by a capable admin team.

...and I'm not saying that there isn't a capable admin team in place.

Thanks for reading.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old August 24th, 2010, 09:45 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The rep system is, quite simply, a way of expressing your opinion. That's all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online